Harold

Transfer comings and goings....2019/2020

Well we know that Jordan Jones & Jake Hastie are coming.....looks like Greg Stewart should arrive also and 'possibly' a Liverpool guy Ojo may arrive on loan. Ryan Kent is away sorry to say as he brightened up our league last season.

If you hear about any other transfer action stick it in here. Obviously there have been and will be plenty of rumours doing the rounds.

Jeezo....the rumours are certainly doing the rounds. Two that I've seen today. Morelos supposed to be of interest to Newcastle if Benitez stays and Leighton Baines to Rangers from Everton. Watch this space for the rest.

33 minutes ago, Harold said:

Jeezo....the rumours are certainly doing the rounds. Two that I've seen today. Morelos supposed to be of interest to Newcastle if Benitez stays and Leighton Baines to Rangers from Everton. Watch this space for the rest.

Would take that any day, Newcastle apparently will have money to spend but how much for Baines?

26 minutes ago, sployal said:

but how much for Baines?

Out of contract mate....34 years of age though.... I like him as a player but we don't want to continually sign 'older' players but if Gerrard believes he can do a job I'll go with that.

19 minutes ago, sployal said:

Is it true that Lafferty is out for good?

been told to look for another club mate.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

been told to look for another club mate.

No idea what he is like, but often thought, he is a bit of a Ballbeg.....

15 hours ago, sployal said:

Is it true that Lafferty is out for good?

13 hours ago, Bastion said:

No idea what he is like, but often thought, he is a bit of a Ballbeg.....

From what I've seen from other Gers fans the word is that his attitude in training wasn't what Gerrard wanted or expected so by by Kyle. I know it was Gerrard that brought him back but he (Gerrard) is still on a learning curve and you learn by mistakes.

Lafferty married a local girl. Nichola Mimnagh you can google her at your pleasure ... She went to our gym and i have worked with her aunts etc etc.

I am not claiming to know HIM personally but know people that were close to him. He was laughing at our plight in 2012. He was joking about the club going under and him not giving a fuck as his move to Switzerland was a done deal...I knew and posted this on the other site long before it was in the public domain. Her family are all Celtic with a few real rebels thrown in. He felt comfortable slagging the club of in their presence. 

This isn't the word of a girl scorned as this was all from when they were together. 

His ex wife is a former miss Scotland and she looks great but is a miserable torn faced boot. I still would though.....:)

Is Edumundson a step up from Katic? Goldson? Maybe a squad player with an eye on the future 

1 minute ago, No.8 said:

Is Edumundson a step up from Katic? Goldson? Maybe a squad player with an eye on the future 

As I said mate...he is rated and (all going well) and....good to have 3 decent centrebacks to choose from (Goldson, Katic and Edmundson).

Aribo confirmed on a four year deal

RANGERS are delighted to announce the signing of Joe Aribo from English Championship side Charlton Athletic, subject to international clearance.  

The highly rated 22-year-old, who had options to move elsewhere, has made the decision to join the Gers on a four-year-deal.

London-born Aribo, who plays as an attacking midfielder, started his career at Staines Town, impressing to win their academy Player of the Year Award in 2014 and be offered a trail at Charlton.

After signing for the Addicks he went on to make his first-team debut in October 2016, making 22 appearances in the 2016/17 season. His first goal came in November 2017 and he followed it up with five more during that campaign.

Last season the youngster made 39 appearances and hit double figures, netting 10 times to catch the eye of a number of suitors.

Speaking about his new signing manager Steven Gerrard said: “There were a lot of clubs in for Joe around Europe, in the Premier League and the Championship. There was a lot of interest in him but for me it’s just another top player joining Rangers.

“He’s mobile, dynamic, can burst past a player and create and score goals. There is room for him to develop but he’ll give us something we’ve not got in the midfield department.

“He’s left footed, which is something we don’t have in our midfield at the moment so he’ll give us more balance. We have a good midfield but currently we don’t have a player with Joe’s characteristics.

“He is tall, athletic and quick. He’s a box-to-box player and is not afraid to open the door when he gets around the box and he can unlock defences.

“We’re confident we can turn Joe into an even better player and I’m really looking forward to working with him.

“He’s still young and we firmly believe there is a lot to come from him, but we need to be patient in order to allow him to continue his development and to improve as a player with the club.”

Hoping Aribo will be a huge success. I’ve seen nothing thing of him but considering the clubs after him it’s great he has chosen Rangers

Funny how little the Scottish media have said about him knocking back the Paedos to join Rangers

Never seen this coming.....Ross McCrorie has  signed a year long loan deal with option to buy with Portsmouth.....Sunderland also were interested.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Never seen this coming.....Ross McCrorie has  signed a year long loan deal with option to buy with Portsmouth.....Sunderland also were interested.

The surprise bit is with the option to buy. Really shocked at this one 

2 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Perhaps the lad feels he'd be better getting more game time than he did last season. Yeah I also agree with the option to buy part.

On 05/07/2019 at 15:46, Makdee said:

Apparently this option to buy is nonsense....it is a simple loan deal to give him more game time.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Apparently this option to buy is nonsense....it is a simple loan deal to give him more game time.

From information I have received it was originally in the deal and the club pulled it due to the reaction of the fans and SG. They still have first option to buy if we decide to sell at any point 

3 hours ago, Makdee said:

if we decide to sell at any point 

Being the operative section. Having said that Mak, don't you find it strange that whoever was negotiating this move on behalf of Rangers wouldn't have discussed this with the manager before even considering putting it in the deal originally? I find it strange.

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

Being the operative section. Having said that Mak, don't you find it strange that whoever was negotiating this move on behalf of Rangers wouldn't have discussed this with the manager before even considering putting it in the deal originally? I find it strange.

To be fair I have doubts about Stewart Robertson also won’t have been the first time the club how shall I put it have been economical with certain facts. After the last debacle I will never fully trust any of them