New Dark Theme Available ×
Sign in to follow this  
Harold

Transfer comings and goings....2019/2020

5 hours ago, Harold said:

Don't know about anyone else but was the signing of Edmundson really required ? I'm just wondering if it was in case this transfer never went through...Filip Helander from Bologna for quite a few bob...

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/rangers-sign-filip-helander/

Personally I am happy about it we have now four Centre backs who can dominate I reckon Edmundson while wanting to push for a starting place will be one for the future at 21 he has time 

29 minutes ago, Harold said:

Rumours abound that Daniel Candeias possibly moving to Turkey.

Yeah gathering pace big time 

I said from very early last season that SG had a blind spot regarding Candeias. First subbed. First dropped and he obviously didn’t rate him as highly as the support did

Sad to see him leave but he goes with my best wishes. Never gave less than 100% 

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

IMHO a bad move and an expensive error by SG.
Who's gonna plug the gaps when Tavernier goes on one of his frequent forward forays?
Who's gonna translate for Morelos?

He makes Tavernier a better player and the team as a whole stronger. 

32, last year of contract, wanted to be playing every week. 

I can see why we let him go I just can’t see why SG couldn’t see what literally everybody else could 

Candieas wanted to be a guaranteed starter SG could not agree to that asked him to stay as part of the squad. Which is fair enoughCandieas felt he wanted to talk to the Turks. I loved the wee man but it looks as though and I don’t blame him he wanted a guaranteed place. He leaves with my best wishes. I also don’t blame SG 

38 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I never thought he had a good attitude......

This in a nutshell. Hoped when he came he would perform the way he had at Hearts but it wasn’t to be. Then following that up sending dick pics to a female just after his woman gave birth showed his character imo     

6 hours ago, Makdee said:

Candieas wanted to be a guaranteed starter SG could not agree to that asked him to stay as part of the squad. Which is fair enoughCandieas felt he wanted to talk to the Turks. I loved the wee man but it looks as though and I don’t blame him he wanted a guaranteed place. He leaves with my best wishes. I also don’t blame SG 

He was never rated by SG. He was left out Euro squad after being one of our better players in Oxford game. He was singled out for , what many believe, was unfair criticism.

We probably have a stronger squad this season and Candeias knows SG would never be starting him. 

Its not so much wanting guaranteed first team football and more he knew he was guaranteed never to be starting.

Nobody is blaming SG for this. He will live and die by playing the players he wants and he has never wanted Candeias 

As far as Lafferty goes. An utter waste of a talent. Summed up well earlier by someone else. He loves the life of a footballer more than actually playing the game. 

5 hours ago, Harold said:

Confirmed....Kyle Lafferty to leave the club. His contract has been terminated by 'mutual consent'.

Meaning we paid the waster of!!! That really sticks in my throat 

Posted (edited)

Firstly he was left out due to the home grown rule As SG said it was unfortunate but a case of numbers. Also who’s to say he had not already been approached by the Turks secondly SGmakes it clear he asked Candeias to stay. If Candieas makes his mind up that he doesn’t want to stay that’s down to him. AlsoI really like Candieas but his stat. Speak for themselves while he gave 100 % his goals and final ball stats were pretty rotten to be fair As you say SG lives or dies by his calls 

Edited by Makdee

I see on SSN this afternoon that Grezda is on his way out of the club. Not surprised as when I saw him he was not what I thought he was going to be. 

Never seen this one coming. Brandon Barker looks as if he's coming on a free to the Gers.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11788/11779899/rangers-close-in-on-signing-of-man-city-winger-brandon-barker

Liked what I seen of him at Hibs  when they were on tv and he'll be a decent squad player but, and I'm not wanting to put a dampener on it, we've got Ojo (on loan), Hastie, Jones, Murphy coming back and Barker is another winger. Personally would have preferred another goal getting striker if the young lads aren't going to be used.

Middleton away to Hibs for a season long loan. I wouldn’t have given those bastards anybody never mind Middleton!!!

12 hours ago, No.8 said:

Middleton away to Hibs for a season long loan. I wouldn’t have given those bastards anybody never mind Middleton!!!

wouldn't give them a smell of my farts.