My Football Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

sployal

Cricket World Cup

11 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

Cheaters collapsed from 220/2 to 307 all out. Hmmmm

Cheats are 34/1 in reply.

:laughing-smiley-face::laughing::mischievous-grin-smiley-emoticon:

Michael Atherton, Stuart Broad & James Anderson have been no angels when it comes to ball tampering and guess which International team they played for ? So don't get too complacent when it comes that side of the game (because it isn't confined to Australia mate).....and of course there was the infamous....'Broad refused to walk' when clearly out in an Ashes test. Cheat ? You couldn't make it up......:flashing-lol:

Oh dear...the Philistines are mighty quiet on here.....:flashing-lol:.....Well done to the men from down under.....

Image result for australian flag images

Just now, Harold said:

Oh dear...the Philistines are mighty quiet on here.....:flashing-lol:.....Well done to the men from down under.....

Image result for australian flag images

Soooo the cheaters beat the cheats. 

Well done to the cheaters!

4 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

Soooo the cheaters beat the cheats. 

Well done to the cheaters!

No comments I see about the English cheaters...Atherton, Broad, Anderson....Keep it up mate....I won't let you forget it......:yes:

1 minute ago, Harold said:

No comments I see about the English cheaters...Atherton, Broad, Anderson....Keep it up mate....I won't let you forget it......:yes:

Convicted of nothing mate 

Pakistan have been convicted of illegal betting multiple times.

Australia were caught and convicted of cheating with sandpaper. Fucking Warner looks like Grizzly Adams now and no doubt has been "polishing" the ball on his beard. :laughing-smiley-face:

16 minutes ago, sployal said:

Hoping the weather doesn't spoil it, i fancy India for the win but for that they must field first :banana:

On the contrary my man I fancy New Zealand strongly and it won't matter if they bat first or second.

12 hours ago, sployal said:

There are cheats in every sport, let's keep this to the cricket being played lads.

I agree SP but if there are constant comments about cheating then I shall retort.

12 hours ago, The Guv'nor said:

Convicted of nothing mate 

Pakistan have been convicted of illegal betting multiple times.

Australia were caught and convicted of cheating with sandpaper. Fucking Warner looks like Grizzly Adams now and no doubt has been "polishing" the ball on his beard. :laughing-smiley-face:

Go google and you'll find different mate.

1 minute ago, Harold said:

I agree SP but if there are constant comments about cheating then I shall retort.

Go google and you'll find different mate.

Unfortunately the Aussies' history of unsporting conduct is a stain that will take a long time to disappear.

The sandpaper incident was just the final nail in a coffin of their own making.

As for the Paki's: their history of match fixing goes back a long way.

Perhaps the ICC should consider granting both countries a two year sabbatical to get their houses in order and perhaps regain the respect that their cricketing skills deserve.

8 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Unfortunately the Aussies' history of unsporting conduct is a stain that will take a long time to disappear.

Perhaps the ICC should consider granting both countries a two year sabbatical to get their houses in order and perhaps regain the respect that their cricketing skills deserve.

A totally different argument Hairy which we have (in part) discussed in the past. All I would say is that innocent players should not suffer due to the actions of some rotten bad apples.

10 minutes ago, Harold said:

A totally different argument Hairy which we have (in part) discussed in the past.

I think it's all part of the win at all costs mindset that pervades Australian sport. It's not confined to the cricketers, we see it in Rugby Union, Rugby League, Soccer and Tennis. There is very much a "chip on the shoulder" attitude that is common in OZ.

All I would say is that innocent players should not suffer due to the actions of some rotten bad apples.

I agree 100 percent. Trouble is, as you know, one bad apple can ruin the whole barrel.

I have met many Aussies and I have yet to meet one who was anything like the image that is portrayed by the cricketers et al.

As I said already, they need to clean up the game.

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

Hence my Cheaters v Cheats comment.

Both teams have had players on international cricket duty convicted.

I don't think innocent players should go on a sabbatical mate, but both teams need to get someone within their camp to change the culture.

3 hours ago, The Guv'nor said:

Both teams have had players on international cricket duty convicted.

have you googled as I suggested earlier ?

On 13/06/2019 at 13:21, Harold said:

have you googled as I suggested earlier ?

I did Google and I found both Australia and Pakistan have been convicted of cheating, but no convictions against England for cheating. 

6 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

I did Google and I found both Australia and Pakistan have been convicted of cheating, but no convictions against England for cheating. 

England captain Mike Atherton was in the crosshairs in 1994 when he was accused of ball-tampering during the Lord's Test against South Africa.

After TV pictures appeared to show him applying dirt to the ball, Atherton insisted he had only "put some dust in my pocket from a used pitch... to keep my hands and the ball dry".

His defence was that, in trying to keep the moisture off the ball, he was therefore seeking to maintain its condition, rather than alter it.

There are varying accounts of exactly what Atherton told match referee Peter Burge, who chose a fine rather than a ban.

Punishment: Atherton fined £2,000

And Broad & Anderson very well should have it was so obvious.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/6943182/Michael-Vaughan-Englands-James-Anderson-lucky-to-escape-ban-for-ball-tampering.html

I get what you are saying, but those are not convictions.

Pakistan and Australia have been convicted of blatant cheating. One taking bets before the game starts and the other taking sandpaper onto the field of play to alter the shape of the ball.

Dirt from the field is different. All teams do that by throwing it into the wicketkeeper on the voice purposely instead of on the full. That is cheating but all teams do it and get away with it.

Dirt from the field is different.

Not on this occasion.

but those are not convictions.

when he was accused of ball-tampering during the Lord's Test against South Africa. Punishment: Atherton fined £2,000. If No conviction why the fine?

I know Anderson and Broad were not convicted but imo Stevie Wonder could have seen they were tampering with the ball!

Root get his century....great innings so far.

Australia going well against Sri Lanka....163 for 2. Finch on 93 & Smith 30.

Finch gets his century.