Jump to content
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 107 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magnificent

Dog Barking Nuisance

Recommended Posts

When does it become "nuisance barking" I accept dogs bark and it doesn't usually bother me.

However, neighbours have bought a German Shepherd and it barks constantly. 

I decided to count this morning as I had had enough. Over 500 barks in less than two hours. Total torture if we are watching TV .

If the Grandson (2 years old) plays in the garden with his toys it goes mental to the point we wonder whether it is coming over the fence. We can't even have a quiet conversation in our garden FFS.

So guys, am I being unreasonable to think it needs to shut the fuck up a bit or is this completely ok?

I know the first step will be to approach the neighbour, but to be honest I don't expect much joy there and the gloves will be off then so to speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

I know the first step will be to approach the neighbour, but to be honest I don't expect much joy there and the gloves will be off then so to speak

Depends how you get on with the neighbours I'd imagine. You've got three choices imo...Speak to neighbours and explain the situation to them and see what kind of response you get. If no joy or if you don't want to approach them then I'd imagine it would have to be the cops (well it used to be back in the day) or the council more than likely or.....ignore it which, going by what you say isn't really an option.

13 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

So guys, am I being unreasonable to think it needs to shut the fuck up a bit or is this completely ok?

I don't think it's ok...everyone should have a bit of peace and privacy....however the dog is probably bored out of its skull and needing attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We get on ok with neighbours just hello and the like.

I think the guy will be the one who takes offence though. He likes to let you know he has an aggressive dog.

A couple of delivery drivers have delivered stuff there while we were at work and then we get the card through letter box and have to go and collect it.

He brings the dog to the door and holds it by the collar while it snarls half trying to kill us. To this end we have informed Amazon to not leave anything there again.

Oh well, I will complain about the noise and he can deal with it how he wishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Guv'nor said:

When does it become "nuisance barking" I accept dogs bark and it doesn't usually bother me.

However, neighbours have bought a German Shepherd and it barks constantly. 

I decided to count this morning as I had had enough. Over 500 barks in less than two hours. Total torture if we are watching TV .

If the Grandson (2 years old) plays in the garden with his toys it goes mental to the point we wonder whether it is coming over the fence. We can't even have a quiet conversation in our garden FFS.

So guys, am I being unreasonable to think it needs to shut the fuck up a bit or is this completely ok?

I know the first step will be to approach the neighbour, but to be honest I don't expect much joy there and the gloves will be off then so to speak.

If it was me i would record the constant barking then have a word with the neighbour to see if he does anything about it

If it continues get in touch with the council,that's where the recording comes in handy

Some dogs out the back of me can be annoying little cunts but the owners probably to blame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to count this morning as I had had enough. Over 500 barks in less than two hours. Total torture if we are watching TV .

Get that dog in the Guiness book of records, he's a real champion :liar:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sployal said:

I decided to count this morning as I had had enough. Over 500 barks in less than two hours. Total torture if we are watching TV .

Get that dog in the Guiness book of records, he's a real champion :liar:

Whatever.

Why would I make something like that up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bastion said:

Wouldn't go near neighbour, you'll get no joy, he'll resent it.

Tell council,  they will send a letter, stating they had an anonymous complaint,  let them deal with it.......

That is my line of thinking. He will definitely see it as criticism.

I have got an app on my phone now. Will record it yapping it's head off tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Guv'nor said:

Whatever.

Why would I make something like that up?

Years ago, we had a neigbour with a Jack Russell out our back, never fucked up, I knew why they threw the fucker outside...... noisy Bastard.

 

This cunt, barked well over 500.......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I knew why they threw the fucker outside...... noisy Bastard.

Gonna tell us mate ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Guv'nor said:

When does it become "nuisance barking" I accept dogs bark and it doesn't usually bother me.

However, neighbours have bought a German Shepherd and it barks constantly. 

I decided to count this morning as I had had enough. Over 500 barks in less than two hours. Total torture if we are watching TV .

If the Grandson (2 years old) plays in the garden with his toys it goes mental to the point we wonder whether it is coming over the fence. We can't even have a quiet conversation in our garden FFS.

So guys, am I being unreasonable to think it needs to shut the fuck up a bit or is this completely ok?

I know the first step will be to approach the neighbour, but to be honest I don't expect much joy there and the gloves will be off then so to speak.

Buy a house without neighbours, It's fecking wonderful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Buy a house without neighbours, It's fecking wonderful.

I am not going to do that because a dog barks you silly sausage!

I guess they don't allow dogs in your bedsit. :laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bastion said:

Cos it never fucked up.......

Ah right...I'm presuming you mean it never 'shut up' ? Over here the most common meaning of 'fucked up' is to have made a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Over here, it's interchangeable.......

 

If told to Fuck up, a mistake is not required......😂

Got you....if pissed off with someone who was blethering shite we would tell the person to 'Fuck up'. But if someone had fucked up it would mean they've made a mistake....so interchangeable in a way also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Surprised you left no comment on the second part of my post .

because it is connected to the first part. Sarcasm is only used when required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I but spoke the truth. That is hardly sarcasm!

I meant....I would only use sarcasm when I deem it to be required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, The Guv'nor said:

I am not going to do that because a dog barks you silly sausage!

I guess they don't allow dogs in your bedsit.:laughing:

Same old predictable reply from vulcan/negan or whatever fantasy name you choose today.  guess you are feeling kind of smug with your new fantasy name, posting on here, after however many life bans you have had. Think i sussed you on your second post, only because i never read your first post. @boro_boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off the scale again today since 7:30 this morning none stop. The thing went mental snarling at the kitchen window barking it's head off when I went into my garage which borders onto their property. 

Doing my nut in it is. My days off in the week are ruined by it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Guv'nor said:

Off the scale again today since 7:30 this morning none stop. The thing went mental snarling at the kitchen window barking it's head off when I went into my garage which borders onto their property. 

Doing my nut in it is. My days off in the week are ruined by it. 

I can only say I sympathise. We've rarely had any probs with neighbours in the 37 years we've stayed in this house....couldn't stick the snowflake princess who stayed to one side of us for 3 years though.

Re the dog.....you'll have to do something if it's affecting your way of life & peace & quiet and the sooner the better because if you don't it will fester inside you and in turn affect your home life mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Statistics

    3,936
    Total Topics
    40,980
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    496
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    onesoicauvip
    Newest Member
    onesoicauvip
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.