Sign in to follow this  
Hairy Scot

Angus Macfadyen jumps into hot water

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/anger-braveheart-actor-asks-scots-16243277

While I agree that Sajid Javid may have overstepped democratic principles by saying he would not “allow” indyref2 if he became Prime Minister, Angus has himself overstepped with his suggestion of some kind of armed rebellion.

Even as PM, Sajid Javid would not have the power to allow or disallow anything off his own bat.

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

Even as PM, Sajid Javid would not have the power to allow or disallow anything off his own bat.

He can refuse to allow a 2nd referendum if he is PM I believe you'll find Hairy.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Harold said:

He can refuse to allow a 2nd referendum if he is PM I believe you'll find Hairy.

You may well be correct, but I am sure that the PM of the UK, unlike the president of the USA, is not empowered to act without the support of Parliament.

Be that as it may, my point is that both Sajid and Angus have in this case just opened their mouths to change feet.

Edited by Hairy Scot

5 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

but I am sure that the PM of the UK, unlike the president of the USA, is not empowered to act without the support of Parliament.

Not on this particular matter mate. I'll have a look at what the other guy said later.

12 minutes ago, Harold said:

Not on this particular matter mate. I'll have a look at what the other guy said later.

Is the UK a democracy or a dictatorship?

2 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/anger-braveheart-actor-asks-scots-16243277

While I agree that Sajid Javid may have overstepped democratic principles by saying he would not “allow” indyref2 if he became Prime Minister, Angus has himself overstepped with his suggestion of some kind of armed rebellion.

Fucking idiot.

46 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

A democracy and you already voted on this. 😀

47 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Think, if a second referendum happens, it's not the former......

6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Fucking idiot.

A democracy and you already voted on this. 😀

3 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Think, if a second referendum happens, it's not the former......

I made no comment on the rights or wrongs of a second indyref, and as an ex-pat I had and have no say on that matter.

As I said; my point is that both Sajid and Angus have in this case just opened their mouths to change feet. 

AFAIK, Sajid on his own is powerless. He needs the support of the cabinet and parliament.

3 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I made no comment on the rights or wrongs of a second indyref, and as an ex-pat I had and have no say on that matter.

As I said; my point is that both Sajid and Angus have in this case just opened their mouths to change feet. 

AFAIK, Sajid on his own is powerless. He needs the support of the cabinet and parliament.

I'd take Priti Patel at the minute......

4 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I'd take Priti Patel at the minute......

Hmm!

Priti is definitely a well preserved 47.   

handjob.gif

2 minutes ago, Normski said:

Up the bum?

Either entrance.    handjob.gif.e8a035b9f64e37c8b7dd2e99a79ba175.gif

13 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Sajid on his own is powerless. He needs the support of the cabinet and parliament.

Not in the case you refer to mate if he is PM.

1 minute ago, Harold said:

Not in the case you refer to mate if he is PM.

The PM cannot enact anything without the support of the cabinet and parliament.

Ask Theresa.

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

You know the answer to that Hairy. To use the word dictatorship for this particular instance is frankly out of the ball park as the ins and outs have been defined legally which was agreed upon prior to the 2014 ref.

1 minute ago, Hairy Scot said:

The PM cannot enact anything without the support of the cabinet and parliament.

Ask Theresa.

So why did she ....she & not the cabinet nor parliament...state repeatedly that she would NOT permit another referendum 'at this time' when it was being touted by the separatists ? Parliament as a whole has nothing to do with the granting or not of another Separation referendum.

The PM would NOT be enacting anything in this particular instance.

2 minutes ago, Harold said:

You know the answer to that Hairy. To use the word dictatorship for this particular instance is frankly out of the ball park as the ins and outs have been defined legally which was agreed upon prior to the 2014 ref.

The PM cannot act on his or her own. It may seem that way but he/she must at the very least have the backing of the cabinet. If that is not the case then he/she is soon displaced and replaced.

It's not a one person band.

12 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

The PM cannot act on his or her own. It may seem that way but he/she must at the very least have the backing of the cabinet. If that is not the case then he/she is soon displaced and replaced.

It's not a one person band.

Theresa May would “of course” refuse the Scottish Government permission to hold another independence referendum, Jeremy Hunt has said.

The Foreign Secretary used a visit to Glasgow to make clear the Prime Minister would rebuff any request from Nicola Sturgeon to hold a second legally binding ballot on the issue.

The next UK prime minister should continue to refuse to back a new vote on independence, Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson has said.

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

Theresa May would “of course” refuse the Scottish Government permission to hold another independence referendum, Jeremy Hunt has said.

The Foreign Secretary used a visit to Glasgow to make clear the Prime Minister would rebuff any request from Nicola Sturgeon to hold a second legally binding ballot on the issue.

The next UK prime minister should continue to refuse to back a new vote on independence, Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson has said.

Nevertheless, while such a statement may be issued by the PM, it would still require the backing of the cabinet.

The PM is just the mouthpiece of the governing party.

4 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Nevertheless, while such a statement may be issued by the PM, it would still require the backing of the cabinet.

The PM is just the mouthpiece of the governing party.

On this particular matter I have shown you what I have stated all along. On this particular matter can you show me something re what you are insisting is correct ?

1 minute ago, Harold said:

On this particular matter I have shown you what I have stated all along. On this particular matter can you show me something re what you are insisting is correct ?

So you insist that the PM can do as he or she pleases, regardless of the cabinet or parliament?

I was trying to work out who the fuck Angus McFadyen was. Tbh I thought it may be some unknown SNP politician from Brigadoon or somewhere like that. Read the article and it's a fucking luvvie.....:flashing-lol:. Get the fuck out of here ya dafty.

Just now, Harold said:

I was trying to work out who the fuck Angus McFadyen was. Tbh I thought it may be some unknown SNP politician from Brigadoon or somewhere like that. Read the article and it's a fucking luvvie.....:flashing-lol:.

Get the fuck out of here ya dafty.

Me or him?

1 minute ago, Hairy Scot said:

So you insist that the PM can do as he or she pleases, regardless of the cabinet or parliament?

On this particular matter for which Parliament has NO input.

Just now, Hairy Scot said:

Me or him?

What the fuck are you on the night Hairy ffs!

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Harold said:

On this particular matter for which Parliament has NO input.

AFAIK there is no matter affecting the countries of the UK on which Parliament has no input.

If that were the case then the system is really fucked.

10 minutes ago, Harold said:

What the fuck are you on the night Hairy ffs!

Rye & Dry.

However that has no bearing on my acuity or my opinions.

Edited by Hairy Scot

36 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

AFAIK there is no matter affecting the countries of the UK on which Parliament has no input.

Well, on THIS particular matter yur wrong mate.