My Football Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
No.8

Raheem Sterling

The young Man City player seems to be the Golden Boy of English football these days. It is some turnaround for the youngster who was  an easy target for the Boo Boys and the Red Top hacks after his move from Liverpool to City.

I have always rated him very highly and i honestly believe he could be the best English player of his generation. 

Playing at City for Pep has taken his game to a whole new level and the biggest most obvious change is his finishing. His attitude has improved so much and now playing with confidence he has the World at his feet.

Personally id hate to see him leave The Etihad but he looks as if he could be the next top player to leave for La Liga. Barcelona would be the obvious place for him to go to but hopefully not before he has helped City to the Champions League.

He has come on so much he would be a huge loss for City. 

10 minutes ago, No.8 said:

The young Man City player seems to be the Golden Boy of English football these days. It is some turnaround for the youngster who was  an easy target for the Boo Boys and the Red Top hacks after his move from Liverpool to City.

I have always rated him very highly and i honestly believe he could be the best English player of his generation. 

Playing at City for Pep has taken his game to a whole new level and the biggest most obvious change is his finishing. His attitude has improved so much and now playing with confidence he has the World at his feet.

Personally id hate to see him leave The Etihad but he looks as if he could be the next top player to leave for La Liga. Barcelona would be the obvious place for him to go to but hopefully not before he has helped City to the Champions League.

He has come on so much he would be a huge loss for City. 

He has certainly improved so much since I was slagging him and Stones off the couple of seasons previously mate. Games I seen last season he was very effective. I still maintain I'm correct about the fud called Stones mate. I doubt very much if he will leave City for a European team (as in Spain, Italy, Germany) due to the financial aspect and he will win more trophies over here.

I believe City are in for Harry Maguire as a replacement for Kompany (huge loss) and this would greatly benefit the English national team if he and Stones are playing together. That said Laporte is obviously his No.1 centre back so time will tell on that one.

I know Sterling just signed his new contract but i am sure Barca will easily match whatever City pay IF they wanted him. He might feel he has achieved all he can at City when they win the Champions League. He may be looking for a new challenge and Real and Barca are the only two clubs i think that would ever tempt him away.

There is talk he might be due to lead England out as team Captain. That would be fantastic for him and well deserved. A young lad who had a relatively difficult upbringing in the shadow of Wembley stadium now leading out the English national team at Wembley. Roy Of The Rovers stuff. 

Seriously, I don't know nor can understand your defence of John Stones.....he is a fucking disaster, has not a clue as to how to defend (he is a defender isn't he ?), runs forward when he shouldn't and is a master of passing backwards....the guy is & always will be a useless cuntish FUD!!!..................There, got it off my chest.....:flashing-lol:

22 hours ago, Harold said:

Seriously, I don't know nor can understand your defence of John Stones.....he is a fucking disaster, has not a clue as to how to defend (he is a defender isn't he ?), runs forward when he shouldn't and is a master of passing backwards....the guy is & always will be a useless cuntish FUD!!!..................There, got it off my chest.....:flashing-lol:

So you are still undecided? lol

10 hours ago, The Guv'nor said:

Sterling captained England tonight.

While Stones fucked up I heard..........:flashing-lol:

2 hours ago, Harold said:

While Stones fucked up I heard..........:flashing-lol:

You didn't see it? Very similar to Worral at Killie. 

It was a poor pass from an under pressure Maguire that put Stones under pressure who then got caught on the ball. Truly dreadful defensive performance by England BUT the blame cannot just be put at the door of the individuals or the defence as a whole. Tactically Southgate got it wrong. Line up was all wrong. The Dutch controlled the game and were far stronger in midfield.

Declan Rice , who had an excellent season, was a complete passenger. Delph is a decent squad player at City but  should not be a starting midfielder for England. 

England were obviously told to play it out from the back at all times. They were continually being caught on the ball as they simply had nothing in front of them and the Dutch pressed them and forced the mistakes. It was far too easy for Holland and the manager has had a very easy ride so far by the usually overly critical English media. Southgate comes across as a nice guy but i am sure questions will be asked as this was an abject team performance. 

5 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

If fit, Dele Alli, Henderson and Kane should always start for England

I wouldn't mind if they fielded one legged blind men.     :)

But some would say Dele Alli is living on his form of 12 months ago. He has been quite disappointing for Spurs this season.

What they needed was a Fernandinho / Gundagon/ Kante  kind of player. That was supposed to be Declan Rice , who will have a great England career, but he was simply out of his depth last night. This left the England defence nobody to play the ball to and this led to too many mistakes. Holland could have won far more convincingly if they had been more clinical

Even the move that led to the disallowed Lingard goal. The commentators were raving about the composure from Stones and his 'wonder' pass. It was not the percentage ball to play!! You don't float a pass from one side of your box to the other when you are being pressed like that!! It was far too risky and yes it paid off but the risk was too great

3 hours ago, No.8 said:

BUT the blame cannot just be put at the door of the individuals

Yes it can....on occasions such as that....and he's cocked up often for City while fucking about at the back. The cunt couldn't deliver papers let alone a centreback's duties. Fucking useless mate.