Jump to content
My Football Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
boro_boy

Bike Rides - Share your routes!

Recommended Posts

My bike Ride from Today in Rostock :)  Lovely beach and woods we rode through, Germany is a country i'll be visiting again, very nice and efficient. Well apart from the fuel yesterday which we booked for 0945 and didn't get until 1300. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

My bike Ride from Today in Rostock :)  Lovely beach and woods we rode through, Germany is a country i'll be visiting again, very nice and efficient. Well apart from the fuel yesterday which we booked for 0945 and didn't get until 1300. 

I got myself a pedal bike now. Well by default as i brought it for my son,who never used it, so now i do. I cycle to the Kings Arms for a pint, rather than take the car, approx 2 mile from home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

Do you use a Garmin on your bike mate?

As it says in the bottom "Captured with a Garmin Garmin Edge 500" haha :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

As it says in the bottom "Captured with a Garmin Garmin Edge 500" haha :) 

You have to bear in mind just who asked that question fella.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

As it says in the bottom "Captured with a Garmin Garmin Edge 500" haha :) 

Is that a cycling specific gps system?

I can thoroughly recommend an app called Strava for smartphones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

Is that a cycling specific gps system?

I can thoroughly recommend an app called Strava for smartphones.

Can't be fucked with Strava, I've used it before. My mate who went on the ride with me used Map My Ride, i'de rather just use my old Garmin 500, I'm going to buy a new Garmin cycle computer soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Can't be fucked with Strava, I've used it before. My mate who went on the ride with me used Map My Ride, i'de rather just use my old Garmin 500, I'm going to buy a new Garmin cycle computer soon. 

Map my ride is ok as is Endomondo.

Did you get a new bike cos you had your old one nicked didn't you?

If so, what did you get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

Map my ride is ok as is Endomondo.

Did you get a new bike cos you had your old one nicked didn't you?

If so, what did you get?

Yeah it was nicked, I just got a bog standad Carrera from Halfords. Does the job for me :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah it was nicked, I just got a bog standad Carrera from Halfords. Does the job for me :) 

Carrera is now a good make.

Rock solid frames with decent parts. I like em. Well worth the money.

I like Halfords VooDoo and Boardman range too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

Carrera is now a good make.

Rock solid frames with decent parts. I like em. Well worth the money.

I like Halfords VooDoo and Boardman range too.

The Boardman is what I had nicked, I did like the Boardman bikes a lot but they were getting expensive, the one I had nicked was £850 new, about 5 years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

The Boardman is what I had nicked, I did like the Boardman bikes a lot but they were getting expensive, the one I had nicked was £850 new, about 5 years ago. 

That's why someone nicked it! :)

I am of the opinion it isn't good to have top of the range expensive stuff anymore as the chavs just steal it and don't get punished even if caught. 

I have a B'twin from Decathlon. Not expensive and a lifetime guarantee on frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went on another ride yesterday in Simrishamn, was on a nice tarmac cycle track (Route 2) and then onto a few quiet roads. Was planning to do 30 miles there and 30 miles back, but after ten miles I got a message from the ship saying I had to come back (Was supposed to be a day off). 

 

IMG_20190615_104614.jpg

IMG_20190615_105031.jpg

IMG_20190615_105934.jpg

IMG_20190615_110022.jpg

IMG_20190615_111202.jpg

IMG_20190615_112727.jpg

IMG_20190615_112830.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Went on another ride yesterday in Simrishamn, was on a nice tarmac cycle track (Route 2) and then onto a few quiet roads. Was planning to do 30 miles there and 30 miles back, but after ten miles I got a message from the ship saying I had to come back (Was supposed to be a day off). 

 

IMG_20190615_104614.jpg

IMG_20190615_105031.jpg

IMG_20190615_105934.jpg

IMG_20190615_110022.jpg

IMG_20190615_111202.jpg

IMG_20190615_112727.jpg

IMG_20190615_112830.jpg

Enjoyed bike rides in my younger days. Loved having the breeze in my hair and on my face.
Mind you, traffic then was not as heavy as it is today, and most drivers gave cyclists a lot more consideration.
My favourite ride was what we called The Kilbirnie Circle:
Greenock to Kilbirnie via Largs and return via Lochwinnoch and Kilmalcolm: about 45 miles.
That was the difficult route. The other way round was somewhat easier with gentler hills.

 

Capture.JPG

 

PS: the times shown are for cars.   :)

 

Edited by Hairy Scot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Statistics

    3,769
    Total Topics
    35,297
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    404
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    harrycallum
    Newest Member
    harrycallum
    Joined


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.