• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
boro_boy

Looking forward to the new season

Annotation 2019-06-16 090512.pngEven though we have a manager with no previous experience, I've decided to give him a chance haha, yeah I know, lucky him. I watched his first interview as manager and him setting the rules and what he expects and so far it sounds very promising. Obviously he's got to actually live up to everything he's saying so hopefully the up and coming friendlies will be an indication of the team he'll be playing and the style he wants to create with the squad. I'm not hoping for promotion this season as maybe thats too much to ask for but a battle for the play-offs shouldn't be out of the question. A mid table finish would be a good start, I quite enjoy the Championship as we have a chance of winning games :).

We've had a lot of managers who have started their careers at middlesbrough and have done alright Bryan Robson, Steve McClaren, Gareth Southgate and Aitor Karanka. I also didn't realise we have Robbie Keane as No,2 on the coaching staff. The more I actually read into this, the more positive i'm feeling about the beginning of the season. Maybe this is the season I start to enjoy football again as to be honest i've massively falling out with football, its continuing to become more and more commercial and unavailable to the poorer fans who without them, the game would be shite! 

Annotation 2019-06-16 090530.pngAnnotation 2019-06-16 090546.png

On 16/06/2019 at 09:17, Hairy Scot said:

Having no manager is way better than have The Lemon in charge.

Always cheated.jpg

Haha fair one, I cannot stand that man. 

3 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

The Championship is tough.

Yeah it is and with an inexperienced manager, I think it will be even harder. I get the feeling, Woodgate is all mouth and nothing else, he's promised the world with great football but we've not even won yet ha. 

On 19/08/2019 at 10:20, boro_boy said:

Yeah it is and with an inexperienced manager, I think it will be even harder. I get the feeling, Woodgate is all mouth and nothing else, he's promised the world with great football but we've not even won yet ha. 

I think I am correct with this comment!!!!!!