• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magnificent

Monk to leave Birmingham ?

1 hour ago, The Guv'nor said:

He didn't get chance to leave.

BCFC have sacked him this afternoon.

He did alright last season didn't he? Finished 17th with 9point deduction. Your owners are obviously a bunch of cunts.

Sickening, brainless decision from people who couldn’t be further out of touch with the fans and football in general. He has been one of the few shining lights in recent years and with all of the departures to come, the only reason to feel any optimism for next season. Scary that we have people like this in charge.

11 minutes ago, The Guv'nor said:

I will be going to Alvechurch games instead next season.

I have simply had enough!

Will you actually or is that just an off the cuff statement. 

16 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

He never went Blues anyhow, always preferring the Grandson, well documented on here.

The Blues website is down just now. www.bcfc.com, which isn't really surprising. The concerning bit is the statement about using the kids as the way forward.

The only club recently in English senior football - to my knowledge - to have gone down the 'we'll get the talented kids to play and we'll get them to play the proper way and build a dynasty' was York City about 5 years ago. 

The result of that decision was to burn through 58 players in a season, end up with a club record low points tally and crash out of League 2. The slide didn't stop there, and only now, 5 years or so later are they stabilizing, 2 leagues further down. 

Difficult not to see the same thing happening here, with Blues fans having to follow the same sad path as those at Blackpool where boycotts and legal actions eventually led to the Oystons leaving the club...but that did take over a decade. 

Sad times ahead.

41 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

No, I will go mate. They are playing there home games right by where I live from next season.

Apparently Monk was trying to get all transfer deals through the one agent and the club had become increasingly frustrated by this as they didn't think it was ethical.

So two sides to every story it would appear.

11 hours ago, The Guv'nor said:

Apparently Monk was trying to get all transfer deals through the one agent and the club had become increasingly frustrated by this as they didn't think it was ethical.

So two sides to every story it would appear.

10 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah that's dodgy 

8 hours ago, The Realist said:

Do you seriously believe that shite?

Wonder if Monk was getting backhanders from the agent ? Anyway...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7159671/Birmingham-CEO-claims-Garry-Monk-fired-dispute-use-agent-clubs-transfers.html

Posted (edited)

I do believe there is some truth in this.

Monk was looking out for his best pal and lifelong friend in Bellingham.

And, as the chairman stated every time Monk gets fired he gets richer. Don't forget the dismissal cost the club money and Monk has been fired from quite a few clubs at a young age. 

I am keeping an open mind on it. 

1 minute ago, Hairy Scot said:

Oh dear!
What is the world coming to when you can't trust a Monk!  :)

I know....Dodgy bastard! :laughing:

And Harold to answer your question about back handers, Yes I would say he almost certainly was getting them as why else insist on the one agent? 

Edited by Mr Magnificent