Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jezza

The Twelfth

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I know you're reacting to Maks post,

Sorry mate, you've got that & me totally wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Harold said:

Sorry mate, you've got that & me totally wrong.

Thing thing is, there is not, so much triumphalism on both sides, most folk don't give a fuck about bigotry......

 

However, where there is division/triumphalism, the media will be right in the midst of it, stirring up shit......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Never really had it down as Triumphalism.......

More to do with culture and nationality, guess folk take what They want from it....... to suit.

 

However, if I wish to to have a wee drink or two and watch the bands, it ain't bringing triumphalist towards anyone, especially towards any of the many Catholics I know...... I know you're reacting to Maks post,  were he implies its trumphalist, yet the good folk of Donegal do it good and proper.....but thats the kind if narritive the media would push......

 

You are getting me a wee bit wrong mate I never mentioned guys like you being triumphalist. But being a proud Glaswegian I have see it and experienced it. I have mates in the OO in Glasgow and surrounding areas including at least two masters of their lodges and they agree that there can be a triumphalist element. And I honestly believe there’s No need it should be a celebration of one aspect of the Protestant religion. Theresa few groups in Glasgow would like to see it banned which is the biggest load of crap ever. It also imho isn’t the actual members of the OO who make it shall we say uncomfortable for other but the hangers on so full of drink and making cunts  of themselves that are the main cause of any bother. I will always defend the OO right to parade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Makdee said:

You are getting me a wee bit wrong mate I never mentioned guys like you being triumphalist. But being a proud Glaswegian I have see it and experienced it. I have mates in the OO in Glasgow and surrounding areas including at least two masters of their lodges and they agree that there can be a triumphalist element. And I honestly believe there’s No need it should be a celebration of one aspect of the Protestant religion. Theresa few groups in Glasgow would like to see it banned which is the biggest load of crap ever. It also imho isn’t the actual members of the OO who make it shall we say uncomfortable for other but the hangers on so full of drink and making cunts  of themselves that are the main cause of any bother. I will always defend the OO right to parade. 

Live and let live Mak......

 

Seems to be the order of the day.......

 

I never really took on board, when folk say things like, some members of......

 

NI fans

Celtic fans

OO

St Paddys day marchers

 

Are bigoted etc, some folk in any large group of people, be they, football fans, members of parliament, Police officers, etc......Will be bigots, paedophiles,  or whatever......

 

This is the only reason, I reacted to the post, it has a generalisation to it, the kind of generalisation that is often used by media or republican groups to demonize Protestants in Ireland......

Though, it's worth pointing out, I DONT believe your post deliberately sought a reaction,  which is why I never quoted you directly.......

 

Also pretty sure, Dug wasn't being offensive either......🤣

 

Anyhow, won't be long now.....

 

 

 

 

Screenshot_20190705-162508_WhatsApp.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Also pretty sure, Dug wasn't being offensive either

Eh, what did I say that could be even be considered offensive ? I think you're confusing any of my posts with some others mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am heading up to the Crossgar Parade this year. ( I will check it out from a Fenian perspective )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DOC said:

I am heading up to the Crossgar Parade this year. ( I will check it out from a Fenian perspective )

Why not, a human perspective?......

 

Your background makes your opinion neither more or less relevant,  ......

 

Do you judge St Paddys Day marches from a particular view point?

 

Either way, I awaited your report.......😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bastion said:

Why not, a human perspective?......

I will do one of each.

Your background makes your opinion neither more or less relevant,  ......

Maybe not to you , but you can't speak for everyone .

Do you judge St Paddys Day marches from a particular view point?

Yes.

Either way, I awaited your report.......😀 In triplicate just for you Basty.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DOC said:

 

A bias and non bias report then...... nice one, I'll pick the bones out of it 🤣

 

True, I can only speak for myself, I don't judge folk on background,  just on themselves....... others can be bigoted and judge from a Perspective,  as you said you would......

 

Which perspective do/have you judged SPD from?

 

Triplicate is over kill matie...... once is good,  I can screen shot any good bits.......

 

Roll on Friday Doc, I can almost smell the burning of Pallets and beat of the Lambegs as I type........

 

😂🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bastion said:

Did you not read, what you quoted?

Yep....here's what I said

16 hours ago, Harold said:

That's good Mak & the way it should be.

That was regards the good nature of what Mak had seen....... then Trav said

15 hours ago, No.8 said:

Bollocks. It should all be about triumphalism and celebrating our freedom from Papish tyranny

and I replied

15 hours ago, Harold said:

and because there is so much triumphalism from both sides, that continues to force feed the hatred between people.

And there is....over here. I can't talk about your neck of the wood but I have certainly seen it & hear comments over here.

What I've quoted above from myself is the extent to which I commented mate and I can't for the life of me see anything offensive in what I said. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harold said:

Yep....here's what I said

That was regards the good nature of what Mak had seen....... then Trav said

and I replied

And there is....over here. I can't talk about your neck of the wood but I have certainly seen it & hear comments over here.

What I've quoted above from myself is the extent to which I commented mate and I can't for the life of me see anything offensive in what I said. 

 

 

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Yep....here's what I said

That was regards the good nature of what Mak had seen....... then Trav said

and I replied

And there is....over here. I can't talk about your neck of the wood but I have certainly seen it & hear comments over here.

What I've quoted above from myself is the extent to which I commented mate and I can't for the life of me see anything offensive in what I said. 

 

It's a Twelth Thread, so although Mak has clarified he was talking about Glasgow, in relation to his point on 'Triumphalism' it wasn't  clear at the time, as of the thread title.......

He painted an image of it being a good community affair in Donegal, which I'm sure it is..... the after shot was, there is no Triumphalism in it......that would suggest the 12th, with it held here in NI, as of thread title, ....... I explained to Mak,  that I thought his comment had a generalisations to it, though he probably hadn't been looking a reaction...... 

 

You said, on a thread about the 12th (NI)

There is 'So much Triumphalism' on both sides, ( remember 12th, NI thread) that it continues to force feed hatred between people....... ( that is a statement I disagree with, in a generalisation NI context,....... I've never seen a band March in Scotland.......

 

I went on to say, I DIDN'T think Dug was being offensive either, with a laughing smilie...... The laughing Smilie you cut out, when you quoted my post previous......

 

Then you didn't quote it above, where I said......I Didn't Think you were being offensive.......

 

To be 100% clear,  I don't not think you have been offensive in any way in this thread.....not once!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bastion said:

I DIDN'T think Dug was being offensive either, with a laughing smilie...... The laughing Smilie you cut out,

I didn't miss it out on purpose Bastion....it wasn't included because there was no smiley showing on my screen. At the end of that comment I've just noticed it's a tiny wee box & I haven't a clue as to what that is.

I think we've had a misunderstanding here & probably down to a lack of clarification on my part. When I mentioned triumphalism in reply to Trav I'm not talking about the parades themselves but the reactions from a certain element that follow parades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harold said:

I didn't miss it out on purpose Bastion....it wasn't included because there was no smiley showing on my screen. At the end of that comment I've just noticed it's a tiny wee box & I haven't a clue as to what that is.

I think we've had a misunderstanding here & probably down to a lack of clarification on my part. When I mentioned triumphalism in reply to Trav I'm not talking about the parades themselves but the reactions from a certain element that follow parades. 

No worries matie.....

 

Agree totally, it's an event, like football and St Paddys day, that attracts the Ballbeg element in society......

 

But these Ballbegs shouldn't be allowed to Hi Jack it.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seen a video yesterday of a huge pallet bonfire being pulled down officially....Police were in attendance in case of any trouble. Problem was....whoever was responsible for building it had filled the inside of the structure with hundreds of tyres and from what I've heard this is totally illegal. If that's the case why the fuck did they build it that was knowing there was a chance that it would be pulled down ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harold said:

I seen a video yesterday of a huge pallet bonfire being pulled down officially....Police were in attendance in case of any trouble. Problem was....whoever was responsible for building it had filled the inside of the structure with hundreds of tyres and from what I've heard this is totally illegal. If that's the case why the fuck did they build it that was knowing there was a chance that it would be pulled down ?

Halfwits mate,also heard they built a bonfire in the carpark of Avoniel Leisure centre

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-48899104

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harold said:

I seen a video yesterday of a huge pallet bonfire being pulled down officially....Police were in attendance in case of any trouble. Problem was....whoever was responsible for building it had filled the inside of the structure with hundreds of tyres and from what I've heard this is totally illegal. If that's the case why the fuck did they build it that was knowing there was a chance that it would be pulled down ?

Idiots.....

 

Some parts of Belfast seem to have these idiots making decisions on where Bonfires go up, ..... honestly,  you wouldn't believe where some are put......

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Statistics

    3,917
    Total Topics
    40,501
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    490
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    AK76
    Newest Member
    AK76
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.