boro_boy

Standard of Women's Football

Was looking on comeonboro,com and seen a thread about womens football, below is the original post:

All joking aside I've enjoyed watching what I've caught so far.  But can't help comparing to men's footy.
Without taking piss what level do you think it's at? At what league level do you think they would compete at this England team.?  I've watched northern league a few times and can say i think a northern league team would beat these. What you reckon?

Then someone said:

A northern league side would murder them , as would a competent pub side ......its rubbish

hahahaha

I've not watched one women's game and I don't want to, its not that I refuse to watch it. Its just because I don't really care!

16 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Was looking on comeonboro,com and seen a thread about womens football, below is the original post:

Then someone said:

hahahaha

I've not watched one women's game and I don't want to, its not that I refuse to watch it. Its just because I don't really care!

Tbh If there was nothing else of interest on I'd probably 'watch' it but doubt if I'd be glued to the tv. The bits that I have watched in this WC gave me the impression that they don't play the same way as the men with all this fucking about at the back....no taking chances....back to the keeper from the halfway line etc etc and.....they (women) don't seem to roll around like someone who has been pounded by Tyson after a bit of a breeze gusted past them. One incident stood out for me....England rightback going down the wing and a Cameroon defender deliberately elbowed her on the jaw. She went down yes but there were no histrionics and got back up.....imagine if that was a male ? He'd have been down for a lifetime as if he was dying. Definitely the men that are the pussies.

2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

No, but I have been to Fife. 

So tbf you can't truly compare them ?

This is what one could watch this afternoon....

Sunday 5th January 2020
Man Utd Women v Bristol City Women
FA Women's Super League
12:00
MUTV / The FA Player

Chelsea Women v Reading FC Women
FA Women's Super League
12:30
BBC Red Button / BBC iPlayer / The FA Player

Arsenal Women v Birmingham City Women
FA Women's Super League
14:00
The FA Player

Brighton & Hove Albion Women v Liverpool Women
FA Women's Super League
The FA Player

Tottenham Hotspur Women v Man City Women
FA Women's Super League
The FA Player

39 minutes ago, Harold said:

This is what one could watch this afternoon....

Sunday 5th January 2020
Man Utd Women v Bristol City Women
FA Women's Super League
12:00
MUTV / The FA Player

Chelsea Women v Reading FC Women
FA Women's Super League
12:30
BBC Red Button / BBC iPlayer / The FA Player

Arsenal Women v Birmingham City Women
FA Women's Super League
The FA Player

Brighton & Hove Albion Women v Liverpool Women
FA Women's Super League
The FA Player

Tottenham Hotspur Women v Man City Women
FA Women's Super League
The FA Player

Thats okay, I barely watch Mens football haha :lolpan:

On 28/06/2019 at 22:16, Mr Magnificent said:

I agree. The standard is about on a par with East Fife.

On the subject of women. I actually watched BCFC womens team win the FA Cup against Chelsea, after pens in Bristol a few years ago. It was a great day out, many an old time Blues head celebrating our Blues women acheiving what we never could in over 145 years, so fair play to the Blues ladies there.

Billie Jean King, won that legendary battle of the sexes match, Fallon Sherrock raised a few eyebrows in the Darts recently. I really cannot understand the way certain sections of the male population, are so willing to totally disregard any female achievements in any way shape or form. Any of you fancy a game of tennis against Serena Williams tomorrow? No? Thought not.

If any of you masculine types who are having such a good life without any female influence behind you then fair play. Tho i doubt for a second, you would have the balls to turn around to your wife/partner whatever and disrespect them, the way you somewhat masculinly  seem to disrespect women on an internet forum. Tell it to your wife fellas, and see how much you like cooking your own meals and washing your own clothes.

I have achieved some good things in my life, without a good woman behind me, i would probably be dead by now.

Macho bullshit just isn't my thing. 

Never underestimate a good woman.

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

Without a good woman behind me, i would probably be dead by now.

I have escaped death twice already.However, it did cost me a lot of money!

Seriously, I do agree with your opening post. But, especially in tennis, it would seem that the playing fields are not always level.

4 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

I have escaped death twice already.However, it did cost me a lot of money!

Seriously, I do agree with your opening post. But, especially in tennis, it would seem that the playing fields are not always level.

But they want the same money and only play three sets. FFS how is that a level playing field? 

5 hours ago, The Realist said:

On the subject of women. I actually watched BCFC womens team win the FA Cup against Chelsea, after pens in Bristol a few years ago. It was a great day out, many an old time Blues head celebrating our Blues women acheiving what we never could in over 145 years, so fair play to the Blues ladies there.

Billie Jean King, won that legendary battle of the sexes match, Fallon Sherrock raised a few eyebrows in the Darts recently. I really cannot understand the way certain sections of the male population, are so willing to totally disregard any female achievements in any way shape or form. Any of you fancy a game of tennis against Serena Williams tomorrow? No? Thought not.

If any of you masculine types who are having such a good life without any female influence behind you then fair play. Tho i doubt for a second, you would have the balls to turn around to your wife/partner whatever and disrespect them, the way you somewhat masculinly  seem to disrespect women on an internet forum. Tell it to your wife fellas, and see how much you like cooking your own meals and washing your own clothes.

I have achieved some good things in my life, without a good woman behind me, i would probably be dead by now.

Macho bullshit just isn't my thing. 

Never underestimate a good woman.

It is good that you can express your feminine side Rachelle. 😂

Seriously though, why would any of us want to play Serena Williams? She is a professional. To make it a little more even how about the women just play the men seeing as they want equal money etc. Your Billie Jean King statement is hogwash! How many times would Williams beat Djokovic, Nadal or Federer? I remember you once stated in here that Serena Williams is the new Muhammad Ali. What a giggle that gave me!

Women's football is shite and men's isn't much better.

My woman knows how much I love her. That's why I stay at home with her every weekend instead of going to watch 22 over paid Prima Donna's kick a ball around.