Sign in to follow this  
Hairy Scot

CWC - India vs NZ

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Of course you do.

I hope you realise that I have no problems with England/English teams & it has heehaw with me being Scottish....simply that I prefer the Aussies when it comes to cricket mate.

What a result!!
We had a scheduled power outage in our suburb so I had to rely on kmy cell phone and my tablet. Both batteries flagged before the end so I was in the dark on two counts until I got power back.

It will be an antipodean final me thinks.

24 minutes ago, Harold said:

New Zealand in the final. Hope it's against the Aussies.

So do I.
Let's just hope there are no under arm or under hand tactics.    :-)

3 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

What a result!!
We had a scheduled power outage in our suburb so I had to rely on kmy cell phone and my tablet. Both batteries flagged before the end so I was in the dark on two counts until I got power back.

It will be an antipodean final me thinks.

So do I.

Was it the Aussies that bowled an underarm grubber on last ball of a big game once?

10 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

6 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Was it the Aussies that bowled an underarm grubber on last ball of a big game once?

4 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Aye.

Against NZ who needed six to win.

Still to beat England mind. However in the game tomorrow and IF Australia do get to the final....let's try and make it a decent thread without remarks as I don't want it to go down the same route of constant bickering. Let's make it that the thread is enjoyable for all.

Posted (edited)

Let me just make something clear.
While I cannot fathom why an honest Scot like Harold would side with the convicts, I do respect his right to do so.

From my side, having observed the behaviour of some Australian cricketers, rugby players, and tennis players, I do feel that in the past their "will to win" sometimes results in their forgetting the values of sportsmanship and fair play. And I'd have to say that their cricketers are without doubt the worst offenders.
But that is just my opinion, and perhaps the new age Aussie sportsmen will change that perception. One can but hope.

If we do have an OZ vs NZ final then let's hope for a sporting contest.

8 minutes ago, Harold said:

Still to beat England mind. However in the game tomorrow and IF Australia do get to the final....let's try and make it a decent thread without remarks as I don't want it to go down the same route of constant bickering. Let's make it that the thread is enjoyable for all.

It's not bickering mate.
As I have said in various threads, Australian cricketers/rugby players/ tennis players have a history of less than sporting or gentlemanly behaviour.
That is an incontrovertible fact which I am sure the new regime will hope to consign to history by their updated approach.

Edited by Hairy Scot

15 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

While I cannot fathom why an honest Scot like Harold would side with the convicts, I do respect his right to do so.

From my side, having observed the behaviour of some Australian cricketers, rugby players, and tennis players, I do feel that in the past their "will to win" sometimes results in their forgetting the values of sportsmanship and fair play. And I'd have to say that their cricketers are without doubt the worst offenders.
But that is just my opinion, and perhaps the new age Aussie sportsmen will change that perception. One can but hope.

If we do have an OZ vs NZ final then let's hope for a sporting contest.

It's not bickering mate.
As I have said in various threads, Australian cricketers/rugby players/ tennis players have a history of less than sporting or gentlemanly behaviour.
That is an incontrovertible fact which I am sure the new regime will hope to consign to history by their updated approach.

I'm not disputing what has occurred in the past Hairy. I'm talking about the here and now....has there been any 'cheating' in this competition ? No. It gets tiresome with the constant 'cheats' comments which can be placed on past events....hence why I brought up other instances about other teams. I would like to think that we can fill a thread with normality.

20 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

While I cannot fathom why an honest Scot like Harold would side with the convicts

Australians Hairy....Australians! Reason I do is as you know I have been on holiday there several times...enjoyed the country, the people and well, fell in love with the country.

It could be argued that NZ are actually favourites now.

Feet up for nearly four days. 

Poor weather forecast in Brum tomorrow. They might be done by close or need Friday.

NZ will be practicing, watching this game, staying fresh. India got nailed as joint favourites. 

Lost to both Eng and Aus, but will fancy it especially batting second.