Hairy Scot

CWC: Australia vs England

As I may have mentioned in the past, due to my migratory patterns over the past three decades or so, I have developed a hierarchy of the countries I support in various sports.
It goes like this:-
1. Scotland
2. South Africa
3. New Zealand
4. Any country facing Australia or England

So now I am on the horns of a dilemma.
Would have been so much easier if India had finished second!
Best I can hope for is that there is a washout, they have to flip a coin, and it sticks edge on in the turf.     :mischievous-grin-smiley-emoticon:

Hairy I have to say that your fourth choice (if serious) smacks of bitterness.

I am not particularly a fan of the way the Aussies go about their business but if they are playing anyone other than England then I couldn't give a shite! 

9 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Hairy I have to say that your fourth choice (if serious) smacks of bitterness.

I am not particularly a fan of the way the Aussies go about their business but if they are playing anyone other than England then I couldn't give a shite! 

No bitterness at all mate.
You surely know me well enough to realise that as a Scot it has to be England and as a Souff Effriken and/or Kiwi it has to be Oz.

You must also be aware that I am down on any kind of unsporting behaviour regardless of who might be the culprits.

1 minute ago, Hairy Scot said:

No bitterness at all mate.
You surely know me well enough to realise that as a Scot it has to be England and as a Souff Effriken and/or Kiwi it has to be Oz.

You must also be aware that I am down on any kind of unsporting behaviour regardless of who might be the culprits.

Surely it has to be bitterness?

What other reason could there be?

Hi delivery by Archer to Carey which catches him on the chin cutting it and requiring treatment (plastic stitches). Several England players came over to check on Carey but Archer didn't bother his arse....poor show imo!

2nd wicket down....Roy caught behind....disagreed with umpire's verdict and wanted a review but they couldn't as they (England) had already lost their review with the Bairstow LBW. Can't see what he bumping his gums about.

12 minutes ago, Harold said:

2nd wicket down....Roy caught behind....disagreed with umpire's verdict and wanted a review but they couldn't as they (England) had already lost their review with the Bairstow LBW. Can't see what he bumping his gums about.

The slo mo ultra edge replay showed no spike, so he never hit it.

Poor umpiring.

4 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

The slo mo ultra edge replay showed no spike, so he never hit it.

Poor umpiring.

correct but it was so close the umpire gave a decision. Roy was unaware of the ultra edge. Sure he must have felt aggrieved but they had no review to go to which they certainly would have!...umpire's decision mate.

10 minutes ago, Harold said:

correct but it was so close the umpire gave a decision. Roy was unaware of the ultra edge. Sure he must have felt aggrieved but they had no review to go to which they certainly would have!...umpire's decision mate.

Agreed and a poor one!

28 overs gone....I'll give it 5 more and it will be over. This has been, imo, a humiliation.

2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Agreed and a poor one!

Most if not all teams will have been on the end of those. But.....it was so close so I wouldn't say a poor decision.

Has anyone seen Sherlock Holmes? Get him to Edgbaston. There have been 11 murders there today.

England superior in every single department. Handed the Aussie's a comprehensive 8 wicket spanking in today's semi final.

If England bring their A game they are world beaters! 

Edited by Mr Magnificent