Sign in to follow this  
Hairy Scot

Do the same attitudes pervade all Aussie sports?

There were a lot of Jack's and a lot of Russell's in that article and at one point I went woof woof, but I still don't know you are going with this one Hairy? 

Image result for snoring gifs

57 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

There were a lot of Jack's and a lot of Russell's in that article and at one point I went woof woof, but I still don't know you are going with this one Hairy? 

surely you must be aware of Hairy's hatred of anything to do with Australian sport and pointing out.

59 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

They're covering up for a swimmer who took a banned substance.

2 minutes ago, Harold said:

Image result for snoring gifs

surely you must be aware of Hairy's hatred of anything to do with Australian sport and pointing out.

It's far from hatred.

And I do wish you'd refrain from personal jabs. It ill becomes a moderator to indulge in such dubious behaviour.

When I click on it, it just shows ads for supporting their paper......

I assume, 

1..... she was found guilty

2.... Aussies are defending her?

14 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I assume, 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/114597175/australian-swimming-controversy-shayna-jack-supports-horton-protest-100-per-cent

28 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I assume, 

Bit of a long read but here's a c& p. You'll need to make your own mind up but No....they're not defending her.

Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority says legally-binding confidentiality agreements are crucial to its doping investigations after it moved to clarify the processes in the wake of swimmer Shayna Jack’s positive drugs test.

The positive test about two weeks ago was not immediately publicly revealed, with Swimming Australia hierarchy saying it could not detail the information. SA’s chief executive officer Leigh Russell said the organisation had to wait until Jack or Asada released details of the positive test.

“Absolutely it would have been so much easier for us at Swimming Australia to be transparent about the adverse test finding as soon as we were notified,” Russell told the Nine Network on Monday. “Certainly that would have been an incredibly easier proposition for us than perhaps waiting for Shayna or Asada to release information.”

Later on Monday, Asada released a statement about its processes, stressing it should not be attributed specifically to the Jack case. Asada said it had, since 2006, entered into legally-binding confidentiality undertakings with sporting organisations which restrict what the organisations could say.

“This is, and always has been, Asada’s standard practice,” the Asada statement said. “One of the reasons as to why Asada has these agreements is to protect the integrity of our investigations.”

Asada said it was one of a few anti-doping organisations globally with investigation powers under legislation. “It is Asada’s standard practice to conduct a thorough investigation in relation to all allegations of doping in Australian sport, including when an athlete returns a ‘positive’ test result,” the statement said.

“This enables Asada to assess the veracity of an athlete’s claims and determine whether other athletes or support persons are involved in a broader anti-doping issue, as well as taking into account the rights and welfare of the athlete. More importantly, our investigations enable Asada to target facilitators who may be preying on Australian sport and our athletes.”

Asada said it assessed whether to go public with information on a case-by-case basis. “Often it is not in Asada’s interests for our investigation to be public in the early phase of our processes,” the statement said.

“In simple terms, what would a facilitator of doping do if they were to become aware of Asada’s investigation? From our experience, evidence could be destroyed, or our investigation frustrated by the fact that it was subject to public commentary.”

Asada said it could “never restrict an athlete’s right to discuss or talk about their case”.

Jack, who faces a ban that looks set to shatter her Tokyo Olympics dream, says she will fight to clear her name, as former Asada CEO Richard Ings led the chorus of disapproval over SA’s handling of the issue.

“Swimming Australia seem a little out of their depth on this matter,” he told Ten Network. “Sports globally do announce provisional suspensions [after A sample tests positive] because you can’t keep a secret when a top, famous athlete suddenly disappears from competition.

“I hope the rules change to allow Asada and Swimming Australia to make announcements in future.”

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

They're covering up for a swimmer who took a banned substance.

my reading of it is that it is the anti doping agency & not Swimming Australia which (ASADA) for whatever legal matters did not reveal the result.

It's far from hatred.

Really ? If you say so Hairy.

And I do wish you'd refrain from personal jabs

Personal jabs....because I reply to a post you make ?....I said nothing derogatory mate. 

Anyway, how often do have a dig at me and my opinion about the SNP ? You have often said it taints my outlook which I would disagree with btw. Anyway....I make no secret that I despise the SNP and what it stands for.

31 minutes ago, Harold said:

Bit of a long read but here's a c& p. You'll need to make your own mind up but No....they're not defending her.

Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority says legally-binding confidentiality agreements are crucial to its doping investigations after it moved to clarify the processes in the wake of swimmer Shayna Jack’s positive drugs test.

The positive test about two weeks ago was not immediately publicly revealed, with Swimming Australia hierarchy saying it could not detail the information. SA’s chief executive officer Leigh Russell said the organisation had to wait until Jack or Asada released details of the positive test.

“Absolutely it would have been so much easier for us at Swimming Australia to be transparent about the adverse test finding as soon as we were notified,” Russell told the Nine Network on Monday. “Certainly that would have been an incredibly easier proposition for us than perhaps waiting for Shayna or Asada to release information.”

Later on Monday, Asada released a statement about its processes, stressing it should not be attributed specifically to the Jack case. Asada said it had, since 2006, entered into legally-binding confidentiality undertakings with sporting organisations which restrict what the organisations could say.

“This is, and always has been, Asada’s standard practice,” the Asada statement said. “One of the reasons as to why Asada has these agreements is to protect the integrity of our investigations.”

Asada said it was one of a few anti-doping organisations globally with investigation powers under legislation. “It is Asada’s standard practice to conduct a thorough investigation in relation to all allegations of doping in Australian sport, including when an athlete returns a ‘positive’ test result,” the statement said.

“This enables Asada to assess the veracity of an athlete’s claims and determine whether other athletes or support persons are involved in a broader anti-doping issue, as well as taking into account the rights and welfare of the athlete. More importantly, our investigations enable Asada to target facilitators who may be preying on Australian sport and our athletes.”

Asada said it assessed whether to go public with information on a case-by-case basis. “Often it is not in Asada’s interests for our investigation to be public in the early phase of our processes,” the statement said.

“In simple terms, what would a facilitator of doping do if they were to become aware of Asada’s investigation? From our experience, evidence could be destroyed, or our investigation frustrated by the fact that it was subject to public commentary.”

Asada said it could “never restrict an athlete’s right to discuss or talk about their case”.

Jack, who faces a ban that looks set to shatter her Tokyo Olympics dream, says she will fight to clear her name, as former Asada CEO Richard Ings led the chorus of disapproval over SA’s handling of the issue.

“Swimming Australia seem a little out of their depth on this matter,” he told Ten Network. “Sports globally do announce provisional suspensions [after A sample tests positive] because you can’t keep a secret when a top, famous athlete suddenly disappears from competition.

“I hope the rules change to allow Asada and Swimming Australia to make announcements in future.”

my reading of it is that it is the anti doping agency & not Swimming Australia which (ASADA) for whatever legal matters did not reveal the result.

Really ? If you say so Hairy.

Personal jabs....because I reply to a post you make ?....I said nothing derogatory mate. 

Anyway, how often do have a dig at me and my opinion about the SNP ? You have often said it taints my outlook which I would disagree with btw. Anyway....I make no secret that I despise the SNP and what it stands for.

You freely indulge your hatred of the SNP, and those you dub as "separatists". "remoaners", "fucking snowflakes", etc etc and none of us object to your viturepative diatribes on those topics; yet you get on your high horse as soon as I (or anyone else) point out the various sins of Australian "sportsmen".
Not exactly a balanced approach.

Your diatribes on separatists, remoaners, and snowflakes, are matters of opinion.
My comments and observations on Aussie "sportsmen" are matters of fact.

Big difference mate!

23 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

You freely indulge your hatred of the SNP, and those you dub as "separatists". "remoaners", "fucking snowflakes", etc etc and none of us object to your viturepative diatribes on those topics

You have never had a dig at me over my comments regards the SNP or Separatists ? I think not but difference is it doesn't bother me one jot mate. As for 'snowflakes' I believe we are all of the same opinion there so really no desire from anyone else to object to my 'viturepative' (never heard of the word tbh) diatribes on them.

29 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

you get on your high horse as soon as I (or anyone else) point out the various sins of Australian "sportsmen".

wrong....I respond....certainly not getting on any high horse. In fact did you and I not agree regards the ball tampering incident last year and if I mind right I said that the ban was not long enough.

30 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Your diatribes on separatists, remoaners, and snowflakes, are matters of opinion.

Of course they are but I think you will find that there is a helluva lot of fact within many posts also.

2 minutes ago, Harold said:

You have never had a dig at me over my comments regards the SNP or Separatists ? I think not but difference is it doesn't bother me one jot mate. As for 'snowflakes' I believe we are all of the same opinion there so really no desire from anyone else to object to my 'viturepative' (never heard of the word tbh) diatribes on them.

wrong....I respond....certainly not getting on any high horse. In fact did you and I not agree regards the ball tampering incident last year and if I mind right I said that the ban was not long enough.

Of course they are but I think you will find that there is a helluva lot of fact within many posts also.

Aye, very good.

I read it quickly and isn't it so they can do an immediate investigation without the worlds media and other people interfering with their investigation! I think anyway, I could have read it wrong!

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I read it quickly and isn't it so they can do an immediate investigation without the worlds media and other people interfering with their investigation! I think anyway, I could have read it wrong!

That maybe so.
However the suggestion of a cover up will be difficult to refute.

1 minute ago, Hairy Scot said:

That maybe so.

I doubt its a cover up as its come out into the public eye, maybe they just need a couple of weeks to hunt down the people responsible for dishing out the drugs! I hate people who cheat using drugs, they should be banned for life!

5 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Is that ^ correct or incorrect ?

SA’s chief executive officer Leigh Russell said the organisation had to wait until Jack or Asada released details of the positive test. Absolutely it would have been so much easier for us at Swimming Australia to be transparent about the adverse test finding as soon as we were notified,” Russell told the Nine Network on Monday. “Certainly that would have been an incredibly easier proposition for us than perhaps waiting for Shayna or Asada to release information.”

Going by that ^ I can't see Swimming Australia trying to cover up.

Well,  I'll wait to see what the Aussies say, when they make a statement......

To be fair, it isn't their swimming association at fault, but rather an individual...... that said,  I'm interested in what response they will have......

I like the thread Hairy, it should be highlighted, and your question asked in the thread title, especially with the Aussie swimmers reaction to Chinese swimmers....... 

Appreciate the links guys.....@ Hairy and Dug......

Instead of enjoying the moment Steve Smith had to resort to mocking Jack Leach. And, anyone who thinks he wasn't is a bit light up top.

I thought of the three convicted cheats he would probably learn from it it the most. It would appear I was wrong. He could have chosen to enjoy the celebration with his mates and Australia but no, he wasn't content with it. No big deal, but once again he has shown his true colours just as Warner did by cheating and not learning from his ban for an unprovoked attack on Joe Root in Birmingham a few years back.

A prize pair of cunts and anyone who tries to tell me otherwise is wasting their time insulting my intelligence.

The evidence is there for all to see. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/22895734

images.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

They lack class mate. Obviously they don't want to change. Undoubtedly talented and flawed are Warner and Smith. 

Heaven only knows what Bradman and Benaud would think. 

2 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Instead of enjoying the moment Steve Smith had to resort to mocking Jack Leach. And, anyone who thinks he wasn't is a bit light up top.

I thought of the three convicted cheats he would probably learn from it it the most. It would appear I was wrong. He could have chosen to enjoy the celebration with his mates and Australia but no, he wasn't content with it. No big deal, but once again he has shown his true colours just as Warner did by cheating and not learning from his ban for an unprovoked attack on Joe Root in Birmingham a few years back.

A prize pair of cunts and anyone who tries to tell me otherwise is wasting their time insulting my intelligence.

The evidence is there for all to see. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/22895734

images.jpeg

Aye, England players are all angels...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricket/furious-england-coach-trevor-bayliss-11670192

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/cricket/moeen-ali-fears-misbehaving-england-stars-will-drive-young-fans-away-from-cricket-a3714996.html

anderson-1421954541.jpg

James Anderson is a crafty pace bowler who has a knack for making even the best batsmen in the world struggle with his swing bowling, giving him the undisputed status of being the leader of England's bowling attack. Unfortunately, however, he also seems to be leading the England outfit when it comes to sledging.

He has been guilty of indulging in unnecessary chatter with opposition players, the most recent example being the incident with Ravindra Jadeja during the 1st Test at Trent Bridge. The umpires had declared the lunch break, and the players had started walking back to the pavilion. Anderson, frustrated by Jadeja’s resistance, foul-mouthed him repeatedly and when Jadeja turned around to confront him, the Indian all-rounder was literally pushed away. However, luckily for Anderson, the incident was not caught on camera and he escaped.

https://news.sky.com/video/footage-shows-ben-stokes-brawl-11463564

Nah.... Other cricket players wouldn't behave untowards....stiff upper lip and all that eh old chep?

:flashing-lol:

I never said England players were Angels.

I said Warner and Smith behave like a prize pair of cocks repeatedly. 

The evidence is there for all to see and I think this is the right thread to put it in? 

No need for your stiff upper lip old chap comment Harold. That is just cheap! A bit like Smith mocking Leach.

Feel free to start a thread on Anderson, Stokes and whoever you like though. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I never said England players were Angels.

And I never said you did.

6 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Feel free to start a thread on Anderson, Stokes and whoever you like though.

Don't need to. I haven't and won't bring up any instances of others idiotic behaviour unless it's in response to those who can't/won't let go. I simply posted what I did as a comparison.

9 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

No need for your stiff upper lip old chap comment Harold. That is just cheap! A bit like Smith mocking Leach.

Or perhaps a bit like the comment you made directed at me....

"Fucking pathetic thread.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda...

Grow up!"         

What goes around comes around mate.

Anderson and Stokes have nothing to do with this thread though.

This is about the piss poor behaviour of two Australian test cricketers. To discuss English cricketers is off topic here and derailing the thread. 

32 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Anderson and Stokes have nothing to do with this thread though

You forgot about Ducket & Bairstow......:-). I was using them as a direct comparison and it hasn't ruined the thread. It is simply a relaxed discussion.

35 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

This is about the piss poor behaviour of two Australian test cricketers

Actually it isn't particular to them. If you had taken the time to check before posting you would have noticed that Hairy started the thread off about a female swimmer.

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

Actually it isn't particular to them. If you had taken the time to check before posting you would have noticed that Hairy started the thread off about a female swimmer.

Aye another Aussie cheat.