Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magnificent

The Ashes

First test starts today at Fortress Edgbaston. 

I have tickets for Saturday.

Gower cracks me up saying the crowd should be more respectful and not boo the Aussies. Fuck right off!

Did he not hear every Aussie crowd baying for English blood when he was a player? 

Woakes is on home turf, so should open the bowling.

My betting is Root bottles it and gives the new ball to Broad.

The crowd are giving them shit loads of abuse! Warner left to a chorus of Cheerio. :ugly-man-laugh-smiley-emoticon:

All fair play in my opinion.

The Aussies give it more than anyone.

been busy as fuck today so just sitting down now to watch it with a few snifters...yeah, England doing the biz....141 for 8 at the moment.

Is the guy that is still batting with Smith - Peter Siddel......the fast bowler Peter Siddel ? If so I was of the opinion that his test days were behind him....curious.

28 minutes ago, Harold said:

Is the guy that is still batting with Smith - Peter Siddel......the fast bowler Peter Siddel ? If so I was of the opinion that his test days were behind him....curious.

Made his Ashes debut ten years ago at Cardiff. Must be bowling well to keep Starc out of the team. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Made his Ashes debut ten years ago at Cardiff. Must be bowling well to keep Starc out of the team. 

Starc not playing ? He injured ?....surely.

17 minutes ago, Harold said:

Starc not playing ? He injured ?....surely.

No mate not injured.

I found it strange too, but Edgbaston is a Fortress for England. Maybe the Aussies wanted to try and contain?

5 minutes ago, Harold said:

And he gave them the correct response......Cricket Hit emoticon (Other Sports emoticons)

Only Smith though.

The rest of the Aussie batsmen looked very average and were troubled greatly by Woakes and Broad.

They won't be pleased with that first innings total.

123/1. They will be desperate to get Root now.

Yes Harold, I am not sure I would have picked Siddle or Pattinson ahead of Starc. I understand Cummins being in ahead of him though even though he has bowled poorly today.