Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magnificent

The Ashes

Recommended Posts

Doesn't seem much wrong with pitch now, so it must have been poor batting and good bowling as the pitch would have only got worse with age. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Doesn't seem much wrong with pitch now, so it must have been poor batting and good bowling as the pitch would have only got worse with age. 

Tbh I haven't heard any of the pundits/commentators ie: Hussein, Gower, Warner, Holding et al make any comment about a bad wicket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Harold said:

Tbh I haven't heard any of the pundits/commentators ie: Hussein, Gower, Warner, Holding et al make any comment about a bad wicket.

Ground is rocking, come on England :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sployal said:

Ground is rocking, come on England :banana:

A lot of the ground are pissed. Fair play.

However, let's keep it real. The Aussies get a new ball at 80 overs. That will decide where this game is going. 

49 minutes ago, Harold said:

Tbh I haven't heard any of the pundits/commentators ie: Hussein, Gower, Warner, Holding et al make any comment about a bad wicket.

That is because wickets stopped falling. It looks like most of the better players learned a lesson first time round.

The pitch looks docile now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

That is because wickets stopped falling. It looks like most of the better players learned a lesson first time round.

The pitch looks docile now.

So you know better than the experts ?

 

145 for 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Harold said:

So you know better than the experts ?

 

145 for 3.

No, did I say that? 

I would hardly call TV pundits experts on the pitch. Not one of them could definitely say they would have batted or bowled at the toss on Wednesday. 

If this game would have ended in three days then trust me the ICC would not have been happy.

The sun has come out and baked the pitch and now it is playing differently. Hence, the Aussie bowlers who rolled England for 67 in the first innings struggled today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Harold said:

He was only 10 when his family emigrated to Australia ffs.....:flashing-lol:

Australia were all out for 246 so England chasing 359....... 7 for 0 atm.

A man should represent the country of his birth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

No, did I say that?

Nup....but I didn't say you did. It was a question based upon the numerous adverse comments you made about the pitch.

13 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I would hardly call TV pundits experts on the pitch

Well, with all due respect, they are all former professional players and I would say that they would have more insight than your good self.

13 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

The sun has come out and baked the pitch and now it is playing differently. Hence, the Aussie bowlers who rolled England for 67 in the first innings struggled today.

I would call it....ups & downs. You have to take the good with the bad.

10 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

A man should represent the country of his birth.

I agree Hairy but this has been taking place for many many years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

So, John McEnroe was born in West Germany.

I didn't know that. Was his dad in the services ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

So, John McEnroe was born in West Germany.

Is he German?

 

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

I didn't know that. Was his dad in the services ?

 

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Yes.

Military bases are deemed to be part of the nation which owns them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe so, but I have seen nothing to suggest he was born on a military base. It just says West Germany. 

There isn't really anything German about him though is there?

Just the same as Stokes was born in New Zealand. He isn't a Kiwi is he?

There are some folk born in Scotland who for some strange reason think they're Irish!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Maybe so, but I have seen nothing to suggest he was born on a military base. It just says West Germany. 

There isn't really anything German about him though is there?

Just the same as Stokes was born in New Zealand. He isn't a Kiwi is he?

The case of someone born in a foreign country of parents not native to that country is somewhat different from that of someone born in his/her parents native country and then emigrating and assuming nationality of the country to which they migrated.

There are some folk born in Scotland who for some strange reason think they're Irish!

That lot are just fucking nutters.

 

Edited by Hairy Scot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

There are some folk born in Scotland who for some strange reason think they're Irish!

:flashing-lol:.............but...........:yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Harold said:

:flashing-lol:.............but...........:yes:

I think Hairy summed it up perfectly! 

Made me LOL.

Anyhow, game on today. The new ball is key. If the Aussies use it well they should win, if England can see it past 20 overs then they will go close. 

Personally, I am not sure England have enough players in form to see the new ball off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Statistics

    3,984
    Total Topics
    41,369
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    453
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    babatoto
    Newest Member
    babatoto
    Joined


My Football Forum

Nearing 20 years old, My Football Forum was Established in March 2002 making us one of the original football forums. For years fans have been discussing the great game we love!

Your Links Here

This is an example of a list.

Your Link and Description Here

Email My Football Forum if your interested in having your website promoted here

Your Link and Description Here

Email My Football Forum if your interested in having your website promoted here

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.