Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magnificent

The Ashes

27 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

England World Champs and didn't lose test series.

Where are the Ashes going ?.....dry your eyes......:flashing-lol:

29 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Gangster ruffled a few feathers. Bring on those hard dry fast Aussie pitches. He should reach 100 mph. 

Bow down and hail the best bowler in the world and the best batsman in the world.....Archer ? Still got a lot to prove....apart from the fact that he wears a big watch and a loada bling round his neck.....Tried to stare Wade out & give him verbals....failed miserably.....:flashing-lol:

30 minutes ago, sployal said:

No doubt MC Aussie will be back with more bollocks!

Image result for cheesy grin gifs

2 minutes ago, Harold said:

Where are the Ashes going ?.....dry your eyes......:flashing-lol:

Bow down and hail the best bowler in the world and the best batsman in the world.....Archer ? Still got a lot to prove....apart from the fact that he wears a big watch and a loada bling round his neck.....Tried to stare Wade out & give him verbals....failed miserably.....:flashing-lol:

Image result for cheesy grin gifs

Failed? Who won the match then McAussie?

Who are world champs? Dry your eyes mate. 

25 minutes ago, Normski said:

This thread is more interesting than boring cricket

Aye a wannabe Aussie and someone who talks facts.

2001 was the last time Australia won an Ashes series in England. Last team to win and away series was England.

England are the world champs and didn't lose the test series. Good times!

12 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Who won the series ? Neither....but where are the Ashes going ?....:flashing-lol:

Who are world champs? Dry your eyes mate.

Dry my eyes ?...get your own patter ya bitter wee man.....:flashing-lol:.  I don't need to because I have absolutely no problems with England or England being ODI champs.

11 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Aye a wannabe Aussie and someone who talks facts

Incorrect...A Brit and someone who has integrity, isn't tunnel visioned and can give credit when it's due unlike yourself.

2001 was the last time Australia won an Ashes series in England. Last team to win and away series was England.

And ?....that has absolutely no relevance to this thread. Simply a pathetic attempt from a bitter wee man at oneupmanship. All in the past, means nothing in context.

Oh looky here. Kleenex anyone? Night all and Crocodile Dundee! 

Think the only one needing kleenex will have been you mate....the way you were carrying on you'll have been knocking a few off..... :flashing-lol:

As for you're wee images....Again I say....And ? Irrelevant & I have no problems with it.. Quite pathetic as I already intimated.

You 'fail' to understand...I was talking about his wanna be gangsta hard man stare which failed miserably. Hey ho.

11 hours ago, sployal said:

This is too much to handle i'm off to bed. :laughing:

Hope you had a good snooze mate. Good thing about yesterday was that at least you and I could indulge in decent debate during the course of play without any petty, mud slinging comments which of course was what the thread was supposed to be all about. Good man!

38 minutes ago, Harold said:

Hope you had a good snooze mate. Good thing about yesterday was that at least you and I could indulge in decent debate during the course of play without any petty, mud slinging comments which of course was what the thread was supposed to be all about. Good man!

roflmao.gif

6 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

roflmao.gif

laugh away Hairy....that's your prerogative but what I said to SP is actually correct.

18 minutes ago, Harold said:

laugh away Hairy....that's your prerogative but what I said to SP is actually correct.

You are going too far with this issue and are in danger of becoming a laughing stock and a liability.
We have been together on a number of forums and as I remember it, you were one of the worst offenders for going off topic.
So I find this new holier than thou attitude a bit hard to swallow.
OK, so you like the Aussie cricketers, some of us don't. We don't question their ability, merely their attitudes.
FFS get a grip and drop the bone Dug.

3 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

You are going too far with this issue and are in danger of becoming a laughing stock and a liability.

Your opinion....I disagree about going too far. You & Mags or whoever, can on a serious thread about the Ashes series, make the comments that were made and NOT expect a response from me ? No chance mate & that's why I requested early on to keep THIS thread free from such and why I started the separate thread. I didn't think it was too much to ask....obviously others did.

Here's a question....how was it that SP could post away without the snide digs and comments and (as I alluded to earlier) he and I could debate yesterday's happenings with no problem ?

A laughing stock ? If that's what you think of me then so be it....I can live with that.

A liability....Don't think so mate.

you were one of the worst offenders for going off topic

This was more than going on an 'off topic' ramble and you're well aware of that.

OK, so you like the Aussie cricketers, some of us don't. We don't question their ability, merely their attitudes.

I have no problem with the fact that you or anyone else don't like them....that is the individual's prerogative....but, I repeat, if I feel it warrants a reply I'll give it.......and that was the problem with it for this thread.....comment....reply, comment....reply so, in order to let this thread flow properly & not be ruined like the Cricket World Cup one was, I requested that such behaviour be confined to the other thread. And btw, I'm not absolving myself from involvement as it was myself that responded.

You mention about us being on other forums together....correct....a lot went on, the least concern of which was 'going off topic'.

3 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Well said Hairy.

Harold I respect you man but you have just been too intense in this thread mate. 

You actually believe that you are free from involvement ? Gie me peace. If you actually thought/think that certain comments you made/make should not be replied to then you are living on a different planet. The Cricket W C thread was ruined because of tit for tat pish so was it really too much for this thread to be free from that ? You were informed that the thread should remain free from bickering to save it being ruined and I started a separate thread for any comments about cheating (that has absolutely nothing to do with this series) and I did say that if you wanted to debate certain incidents I would be quite prepared to do so but you declined.

15 hours ago, Harold said:

Your opinion....I disagree about going too far. You & Mags or whoever, can on a serious thread about the Ashes series, make the comments that were made and NOT expect a response from me ? No chance mate & that's why I requested early on to keep THIS thread free from such and why I started the separate thread. I didn't think it was too much to ask....obviously others did.

Here's a question....how was it that SP could post away without the snide digs and comments and (as I alluded to earlier) he and I could debate yesterday's happenings with no problem ?

A laughing stock ? If that's what you think of me then so be it....I can live with that.

A liability....Don't think so mate.

This was more than going on an 'off topic' ramble and you're well aware of that.

I have no problem with the fact that you or anyone else don't like them....that is the individual's prerogative....but, I repeat, if I feel it warrants a reply I'll give it.......and that was the problem with it for this thread.....comment....reply, comment....reply so, in order to let this thread flow properly & not be ruined like the Cricket World Cup one was, I requested that such behaviour be confined to the other thread. And btw, I'm not absolving myself from involvement as it was myself that responded.

You mention about us being on other forums together....correct....a lot went on, the least concern of which was 'going off topic'.

15 hours ago, Harold said:

You actually believe that you are free from involvement ? Gie me peace. If you actually thought/think that certain comments you made/make should not be replied to then you are living on a different planet. The Cricket W C thread was ruined because of tit for tat pish so was it really too much for this thread to be free from that ? You were informed that the thread should remain free from bickering to save it being ruined and I started a separate thread for any comments about cheating (that has absolutely nothing to do with this series) and I did say that if you wanted to debate certain incidents I would be quite prepared to do so but you declined.

As far as I can remember you were the main cause of the bickering because you took exception to any kind of criticism of Australian cricketers.
And that despite the fact that the criticism was and is justified.
Using your position as a moderator to suppress comments is an abuse of privilege.
If you cannot see that then perhaps you should stand down.

2 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

As far as I can remember you were the main cause of the bickering because you took exception to any kind of criticism of Australian cricketers.

Oh I see....no response permitted if I disagree with any comment ? That is basically what you're saying!

And that despite the fact that the criticism was and is justified

Because it was constant 'cheating Australia this/cheating Australia that' I felt it was only fair to show that they have not been the only side who have cheated....or was that supposed to be suppressed also ? Aye right!

Using your position as a moderator to suppress comments is an abuse of privilege.

what an utter nonsense of a comment. The Cricket World Cup thread was ruined due to bickering tit for tat (You seem to have conveniently ignored that point) so rather than have the same nonsense in this thread I requested that it remain free from that shit and I started the other thread for that. Now tell me...'What actually was wrong with requesting that the Ashes thread remain free from the nonsense which was in & ruined the WC thread? What was wrong with a thread with simply decent comments about the series and matchdays ?'

If you cannot see that then perhaps you should stand down.

Dream on mate. If BB is of the opinion that I am in the wrong then as he's the owner and admin it will down to him to decide and not you. Hope that's fine with your good self!

Okay....I thought Hairy would have responded but he hasn't as yet. However as we have all had our say and the fact that I personally can't be arsed with anymore bickering and would actually rather forget this nonsense I'm locking the thread. Hairy, if you want you can pm me with any further comments you feel you want to make. Mags....I believe you still can't send/receive pms so I hope you accept that as far as I'm concerned all is done and forgotten.