Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magnificent

The Ashes

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Sandpaper boy copped it both barrels. He must be nervous opening the batting. 

IMG_20190803_150613491.jpg

he's settled in better than Warner did....what a fucking stupid half shot he played and nicked it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harold said:

Trav....we had that shite throughout the WC threads and it ruined it so if you keep up with it I'll respond about England's cheats and the thread will once again be ruined. Let the crowd at the game get on with it but keep your cheating shite off here please.

Wtf?

I ll say what I want about cheating Aussies 

If Past England players cheated then I would expect Aussies to give them abuse.

There is a great rivalry there and the crowd getting involved adds to it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Wtf?

I ll say what I want about cheating Aussies 

If Past England players cheated then I would expect Aussies to give them abuse.

There is a great rivalry there and the crowd getting involved adds to it.

 

Did you read my post ? It will waste the thread. You can have whatever feelings you want but the thread will get wasted so comment on THIS fucking Test match....awright!

24 minutes ago, No.8 said:

If Past England players cheated then I would expect Aussies to give them abuse.

On here ? They would and have at the fucking games!

25 minutes ago, No.8 said:

I ll say what I want about cheating Aussies

not on here unless you want to be responsible for wasting the thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not ruining the thread I’m just pleased to see an English crowd treating the Aussies in a similar way to the Aussies would treat English cheats

Not watching at the moment as she is watching police custody lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, No.8 said:

I’m not ruining the thread I’m just pleased to see an English crowd treating the Aussies in a similar way to the Aussies would treat English cheats

Not watching at the moment as she is watching police custody lol 

Trav....ffs, read what I posted mate. As far as I'm concerned the crowd at Egbaston can chant all they want. What I was/am requesting is simply that we don't start with that shit on the thread.....it happened in WC threads and it ruined said threads.

10 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Not watching at the moment as she is watching police custody lol 

ffs....definitely starting on the wrong foot mate.....:flashing-lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harold said:

I see Steve Smith has got his second ton plus. Love, loathe or view him with indifference it must be admitted he is a great batsman.

He is not good to watch but he is a very very good player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is probably the greatest batsman in my lifetime. Averaging 60+ in test matches and considering his relatively poor start to Test cricket that is incredible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mathew Wade has got a century also. Been a fine day for the Aussies.

43 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

He is not good to watch but he is a very very good player.

Don't understand that....he's not good to watch ? Considering he has got over a century both innings with excellent batting methinks that's a bit of sour grapes mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Money has to be on a draw now. Could be a sticky few hours tomorrow for England to see it out but hopefully there is no collapse.

Moeen Ali has to step up with bat or face being axed from team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harold said:

Mathew Wade has got a century also. Been a fine day for the Aussies.

Yes it has. The pitch looks like a flat track now. I guess we will find out when England bat.

No excuses but England really have missed Jimmy Anderson. It is hard being without your best bowler for a whole test match. 

I expect Australia to declare at some point soon. 

Just now, No.8 said:

Money has to be on a draw now. Could be a sticky few hours tomorrow for England to see it out but hopefully there is no collapse.

Moeen Ali has to step up with bat or face being axed from team

Moeen has been the weak link mate.

I would bring Jack Leach back. Proved he can bat with 92 against Ireland and Smith's record against left arm spinners is decidedly poor. Averages 35...

Don't be surprised if it doesn't piss down soon either.

Gone dark and very humid in Brum right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Harold said:

Mathew Wade has got a century also. Been a fine day for the Aussies.

Don't understand that....he's not good to watch ? Considering he has got over a century both innings with excellent batting methinks that's a bit of sour grapes mate.

Nothing sour about it. Most experts will tell you he is awful to watch.

Very unorthadox and fidgety at the crease. He has his own very effective style but it isn't good to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

No excuses but England really have missed Jimmy Anderson. It is hard being without your best bowler for a whole test match.

Why did they bring him back in to bat yesterday ?

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Most experts will tell you he is awful to watch.

will they....haven't heard on of the expert pundits say that throughout the 4 days so far mate.

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

but it isn't good to watch. 

your opinion fair enough...I find nothing wrong with watching him....now that funny wee lad Burns.....:flashing-lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/england-and-australia-bowlers-stumped-by-steve-smith-and-rory-burns-q86cwt8jn

I think this article fully supports what I have said about Smith not being the best to watch. He has his own very successful style but by no means is it conventional or orthodox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/england-and-australia-bowlers-stumped-by-steve-smith-and-rory-burns-q86cwt8jn

I think this article fully supports what I have said about Smith not being the best to watch. He has his own very successful style but by no means is it conventional or orthodox. 

I'm unable to read the full article without subscribing....bollox to that. But by you criticising Smith you're also doing the same to Burns....No? I've c&p a line but what is said means heehaw in the grand scheme of things. All players have their own style....if it's not to the individual's liking then tough.

Duo have left pacemen bewildered with their unorthodox approach to batting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harold said:

I'm unable to read the full article without subscribing....bollox to that. But by you criticising Smith you're also doing the same to Burns....No? I've c&p a line but what is said means heehaw in the grand scheme of things. All players have their own style....if it's not to the individual's liking then tough.

Duo have left pacemen bewildered with their unorthodox approach to batting

I am not criticising him...Who am I to do that?

I am saying (and many, many, folk agree with me) that he is not good to watch.

All the ticks and twitching ain't good viewing, but hey ho he gets runs and it works for him. Nowhere did I criticise him.

On 02/08/2019 at 17:14, Mr Magnificent said:

I just think it is his stance mate. Not too convincing.

However, he is 101 not out in his first Ashes Test so fair play.

He has been a prolific run scorer in County Cricket for a few years now in all fairness.

I will quote myself to show I have said Burns isn't a great watch either!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No.8 said:

He is probably the greatest batsman in my lifetime. Averaging 60+ in test matches and considering his relatively poor start to Test cricket that is incredible 

I think he has a way to go yet to be compared with Ricky Pointing, Jacques Kallis, Gavaskar or Lara. 

Smith may currently have a better average, but it is to be seen if he can sustain it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I think he has a way to go yet to be compared with Ricky Pointing, Jacques Kallis, Gavaskar or Lara. 

Smith may currently have a better average, but it is to be seen if he can sustain it.

Sustain it? He will improve it and far from sustaining anything he has improved beyond all recognition 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Sustain it? He will improve it and far from sustaining anything he has improved beyond all recognition 

I mean sustain it until the end of his career like the great players I quoted.

He is doing great, but all sportsmen hit bumps in the road sooner or later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Statistics

    4,156
    Total Topics
    46,998
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    327
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    Big si
    Newest Member
    Big si
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.