Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Harold said:

Steve Smith. Lyons also could be in with a shout but I think it will be Smith.

It had to be Steve ‘bad watch’ Smith.

If England don’t find a way of getting him out the series is over. He is that good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, No.8 said:

It had to be Steve ‘bad watch’ Smith.

If England don’t find a way of getting him out the series is over. He is that good!

I think Jofra Archer and a few 95 mph deliveries will give him more to think about at Lord's.

The Aussies do have a good record there though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Jofra Archer

Is he coming in instead of Anderson or will they both be playing ?

 

Tell you what has really pissed me off during this first Test. The remarks from the commentators regards wrong decisions by the umpires. As it happens those decisions which were overturned as being incorrect were only overturned due to Ultra technology. From the human eye, these decisions looked correct (and I'm talking about ones that were overturned by DRS AND ones that were not reviewed but then shown to be actually OUT) and I defy anyone to say that the umpires were wrong on first viewing with their eyes. Like football numerous replays are fine for 2nd/3rd opinions but they are, imo, detrimental towards the umpires! Wonder what Dickie Bird or Billy Bowden would have thought about that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Harold said:

Is he coming in instead of Anderson or will they both be playing ?

 

Tell you what has really pissed me off during this first Test. The remarks from the commentators regards wrong decisions by the umpires. As it happens those decisions which were overturned as being incorrect were only overturned due to Ultra technology. From the human eye, these decisions looked correct (and I'm talking about ones that were overturned by DRS AND ones that were not reviewed but then shown to be actually OUT) and I defy anyone to say that the umpires were wrong on first viewing with their eyes. Like football numerous replays are fine for 2nd/3rd opinions but they are, imo, detrimental towards the umpires! Wonder what Dickie Bird or Billy Bowden would have thought about that!

Yes, it is easy to find fault when you have the benefit of technology. 

Anderson won't play it will be a straight swap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Harold said:

Cummins takes out Woakes. England all out. Australia win the first Ashes Test.

I

Oh dear!

What a pity.

Never mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oz certainly looks to be the superior outfit at test match level.
It's perhaps a pity that the World Cup(s) is(are) limited to the shorter forms of the game.
Mind you, a world cup of 3-5 day matches would perhaps be impractical.

Edited by Hairy Scot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason Roy isn't a test batsman (or batter as the pc brigade want them known) Anyone with even an average knowledge of cricket can see this. 

Until England pick a good county opener in four day games (ie Burns) then they will lose a quick wicket and expose Root and possibly Denly to the new ball.

Dominic Sibley of Warwickshire has a good county average and temperament. The selectors however, seem content on doddering along with Roy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Jason Roy isn't a test batsman (or batter as the pc brigade want them known) Anyone with even an average knowledge of cricket can see this. 

Until England pick a good county opener in four day games (ie Burns) then they will lose a quick wicket and expose Root and possibly Denly to the new ball.

Dominic Sibley of Warwickshire has a good county average and temperament. The selectors however, seem content on doddering along with Roy. 

I was most annoyed last year when I heard a commentator refer to a fielder as a "fieldsman".
I thought, batsman, fieldsman, bowlsman?
Let's stick with batter, fielder, bowler. It's simpler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I was most annoyed last year when I heard a commentator refer to a fielder as a "fieldsman".
I thought, batsman, fieldsman, bowlsman?
Let's stick with batter, fielder, bowler. It's simpler.

Batter is something you put round fish. 

Batsman sounds better.

noun

a player, especially in cricket, who is batting or whose chief skill is in batting.

Edited by Mr Magnificent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Let's stick with batter, fielder, bowler. It's simpler.

why let simpler get in the way of New World Order as we don't know it. History is being altered, grammar and vocabulary is being altered....the up and coming generation don't give a fuck as to how it has always been done....they are a selfish crew!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    3,917
    Total Topics
    39,570
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    430
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    logicweb040
    Newest Member
    logicweb040
    Joined


My Football Forum

Nearing 20 years old, My Football Forum was Established in March 2002 making us one of the original football forums. For years fans have been discussing the great game we love!

Your Links Here

This is an example of a list.

Your Link and Description Here

Email My Football Forum if your interested in having your website promoted here

Your Link and Description Here

Email My Football Forum if your interested in having your website promoted here

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.