sployal

EPL season 2019 2020

The EPL kicks off this evening with Liverpool v Norwich, the big question is VAR which is being used for the first time.

In your opinion, is it a good or bad introduction to the English top flight game?

17 hours ago, sployal said:

The EPL kicks off this evening with Liverpool v Norwich, the big question is VAR which is being used for the first time.

In your opinion, is it a good or bad introduction to the English top flight game?

Bad....fucking hate it with a vengence!

2 minutes ago, sployal said:

VAR has just wreaked havoc in the West Ham Man City game, lot's of people not happy

didn't watch it mate so can't comment.....apart from I hate it....have I said that before ?.....:flashing-lol:

just watched (by chance) a couple of quick incidents there....VAR will ruin football imo....making it far too complicated and far too refined.

3 hours ago, sployal said:

VAR has just wreaked havoc in the West Ham Man City game, lot's of people not happy

3 hours ago, Harold said:

didn't watch it mate so can't comment.....apart from I hate it....have I said that before ?.....:flashing-lol:

2 hours ago, Harold said:

just watched (by chance) a couple of quick incidents there....VAR will ruin football imo....making it far too complicated and far too refined.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/west-ham-0-5-manchester-city-raheem-sterling-hits-hat-trick-as-pep-guardiolas-champions-kick-off-new-season-with-ominous-thumping-but-var-controversy-mars-match-three-times/ar-AAFCvuD?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

6 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I don't like the Premier League. 

I prefer the Championship, much more entertaining with teams battling it out for a seeming never to end season :banana:

45 minutes ago, sployal said:

I prefer the Championship, much more entertaining with teams battling it out for a seeming never to end season :banana:

Me too mate.

However, I do like seeing the Villa get humped. 

3-1 Tottenham who never got out of second gear. Super Jack was invisible!

Anyone see the goal disallowed for Spurs by VAR ? If that is what is wanted then it really is going against the spirit of the game imo. A delay of around 2 minutes apparently. Farcical.

Anyone see the goal disallowed for Spurs by VAR ? If that is what is wanted then it really is going against the spirit of the game imo. A delay of around 2 minutes apparently. Farcical.

IMG_20190922_102939.thumb.jpg.6765e6b8680d156c0c52cfafaf69fce5.jpg

Correct decision......

I'm all for that.

11 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Correct decision......

I'm all for that.

going by Norm's image you think that was correct ? What part of the body is behind the defender mate ? Surely VAR should be used for 'blatant' instances & not micro ones ?

2 minutes ago, Harold said:

going by Norm's image you think that was correct ? What part of the body is behind the defender mate ? Surely VAR should be used for 'blatant' instances & not micro ones ?

If you believe a goal, is a micro instance, I would 100% disagree 

I also believe Norms Photo perfectly highlights he is off side......

10 minutes ago, Bastion said:

If you believe a goal, is a micro instance, I would 100% disagree

well we will have to disagree on that as we do with the entire ethos of VAR

10 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I also believe Norms Photo perfectly highlights he is off side......

can you talk me through why you think that because sure as shit is shit I can't see anything to suggest offside.

5 minutes ago, Harold said:

well we will have to disagree on that as we do with the entire ethos of VAR

can you talk me through why you think that because sure as shit is shit I can't see anything to suggest offside.

Yep, fair point above......

Have a look at the red and blue lines on Norms photo, pretty conclusive evidence 

Hence the correct decision being given by using VAR.....