Sign in to follow this  
Harold

Domestic recycling and waste bins

Don't know if this has been posted before but what the heck.

How many bins do you have and how often are they emptied ? We have...

Green wheelybin for general waste.....emptied once every 4 weeks

Brown wheelybin for garden refuse.....emptied once every four weeks

Blue wheelybin for plastics, tins/cans & tinfoil.....emptied once every four weeks

Burgundy wheelybin (just supplied a fortnight ago).....for paper, card, cardboard.....emptied once every four weeks

A food waste bin.....emptied every week

A black box for bottles, batteries and small electrical items.....emptied once every two weeks.

Every four weeks for the green one is not enough as we, & no doubt a lot of others, have to take at least one bag of general waste over to our local tip every month.

Also every four weeks for our brown bin is nowhere near enough for us due to the large garden we have & again we have to go to the tip with at least a bag of hedge clippings , plant waste and weeds. Householders can if they wish basically rent a 2nd brown bin for £30 for March till November each year! They can fuck right off with that!

Getting fed up with this pish and having to do what used to be the councils job (the blue and burgundy bins current contents all used to go into the blue bin which was emptied once every two weeks but now the householder has to separate the items and stick them into the appropriate bins!).

I live in a private residence and no one has their own wheely bins.

We all take our garbage down to a sort of outhouse at the entrance to the residence (which has a locked door with a code) inside are 8 immense wheely bins and we dump our rubbish daily in any one of them, everything is mixed together, bottles, plastic food waste etc.

The binmen come and empty these bins about 3 or 4 times a week, fuck knows where it all goes and i couldn't give a shit :banana: 

4 minutes ago, sployal said:

I live in a private residence and no one has their own wheely bins.

We all take our garbage down to a sort of outhouse at the entrance to the residence (which has a locked door with a code) inside are 8 immense wheely bins and we dump our rubbish daily in any one of them, everything is mixed together, bottles, plastic food waste etc.

The binmen come and empty these bins about 3 or 4 times a week, fuck knows where it all goes and i couldn't give a shit :banana: 

don't let the school dodger hear about that.....:flashing-lol:....In all seriousness, isn't it farcical that so called developed countries are on different levels when it comes to 'saving the environment'!!!

14 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

with the regular weekly collection.

what is your weekly collection for....general waste ?

1 hour ago, Harold said:

don't let the school dodger hear about that.....:flashing-lol:....In all seriousness, isn't it farcical that so called developed countries are on different levels when it comes to 'saving the environment'!!!

what is your weekly collection for....general waste ?

Yes. For general food waste etc.

I try to recycle, but do not go to the tip if any collection gets missed for whatever reason.

I just black bag it all and send it as general.

Edited by Mr Magnificent

Personally, i don't give an itching about this recycling bullshit.

Where my waste goes and what they do with it i don't give a damn as i pay a lot of money every year to get rid of it, lots of people are obviously making mega bucks out of this scam but what is the so called "ecological outcome" of all these modern recycling programmes we hear about and which are stuck down our throats by the Greens and other nutcases ?

Go and take a look at all the 3rd World shithole countries which make up 2 thirds of the planet and ask them how they treat waste disposal? they are still shitting in fields for fucks sake and are polluting the planet on a scale that my plastic yoghurt is a microsisme in comparision.

Reading the various posts that have been put up so far it is quite easy to come to the conclusion that due to all the differing ways that waste is treated, well it really is a fucking waste of time. Iwas speaking to a friend a few months ago who actually works with our council and he was telling me that the lorry which had been out collecting blue bin contents couldn't get into the recycling tip due to the large queue so it went to a large landfill tip and emptied the lot in there.....

The two ladies my wife was out for lunch with on Saturday both come under Clackmannanshire Council....they, like us, are both home owners. They were telling the wife that starting this year (from March) the brown bins (garden waste) for ALL privately owned homes will NOT be uplifted by the council (even though residents pay council tax) UNLESS they pay £36 for a permit (which lasts from March to November) which must be displayed on the bin. The brown bins for council houses will be uplifted free of charge as the council say the cost is incorporated into the rent paid by occupants. The council has suggested that householders can take their waste to the recycling plants (tips to you & me).....they make no exceptions for those who are physically unable to do this or those who do not have their own transport. All these cars spewing exhaust fumes at the tips (& I speak from experience as I have to go at least once a month with general waste)....yeah, that shoots down their climate emergency claims to pieces!!!

Clackmannanshire council are also, from March this year, they will no longer be uplifting ALL residents blue boxes (glass bottles, jars etc & small electrical). Instead they say they are introducing more 'bottle banks' where residents are to go to to dispose of their glass items. The electrical items have to be taken to the recycling plant.

I said a year ago to the missus and neighbours that it will soon come down to the stage where the fucking councils will pick up FUCK ALL and leave the residents to get rid of their waste themselves. The neighbours were sceptical of what I said....call it foresight or commonsense but, to me, there was only one way the councils were heading with this!

Thanks to SNP cuts to local councils in Scotland (and please Ms Sturgeon & that baw heid McKay don't try and swerve this and place the blame on Westminster as is your want with fucking everything) residents are paying AGAIN for what the council have done for years and should still be doing!!!

https://www.clacks.gov.uk/environment/glassrecycling/

https://www.clacks.gov.uk/environment/brownbinpermit/

We have two bins one for recycling one for general waste and a weekly collection. It’s paid monthly  the downside is the government and refuse collectors want to bring in paying by weight which will put up the prices. 
we don’t pay rates over here we pay for everything direct water, waste etc 

39 minutes ago, Makdee said:

We have two bins one for recycling one for general waste and a weekly collection. It’s paid monthly  the downside is the government and refuse collectors want to bring in paying by weight which will put up the prices. 
we don’t pay rates over here we pay for everything direct water, waste etc 

We're approx £1400 annually for our council tax which includes waste uplift & water but our uplifts have decreased in regularity dramatically in recent years. The fact that so many people are having to use their cars to go to the tip to dispose of stuff makes a mockery of the councils claims on trying to cut down emissions.

10 minutes ago, Harold said:

We're approx £1400 annually for our council tax which includes waste uplift & water but our uplifts have decreased in regularity dramatically in recent years. The fact that so many people are having to use their cars to go to the tip to dispose of stuff makes a mockery of the councils claims on trying to cut down emissions.

When I said we pay directly for everything. Water is an exception we pay for water with part of the VAT we pay on goods and a percentage of motor tax goes to it as well. Though they are trying to put in meters and charge us a third time. Good luck to them with that they failed miserably the last time they tried. Meters went in and within hours they had been taken out again 😂

22 minutes ago, Makdee said:

When I said we pay directly for everything. Water is an exception we pay for water with part of the VAT we pay on goods and a percentage of motor tax goes to it as well. Though they are trying to put in meters and charge us a third time. Good luck to them with that they failed miserably the last time they tried. Meters went in and within hours they had been taken out again 😂

Is this local councils, same as here, that are in charge of this mate ? Bloody farcical......they just cannot stop attempting to screw the life out of the residents! We (our household) do our best with every form of recycling introduced, have abided (although disliking their decisions) with everything so far....but there is utter outrage at how we are being left to our own devices to do their fucking job! And the councils wonder and complain why there is so much fly tipping ? I don't like fly tipping but part of me can understand it!

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

Is this local councils, same as here, that are in charge of this mate ? Bloody farcical......they just cannot stop attempting to screw the life out of the residents! We (our household) do our best with every form of recycling introduced, have abided (although disliking their decisions) with everything so far....but there is utter outrage at how we are being left to our own devices to do their fucking job! And the councils wonder and complain why there is so much fly tipping ? I don't like fly tipping but part of me can understand it!

Water thing was a government job they “sold” the water company to a group called Irish water and filled the board with cronies. It fell apart but they keep trying to bring it back. We have a general election on the 7th February and it’s going to be interesting 

3 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Water thing was a government job they “sold” the water company to a group called Irish water and filled the board with cronies. It fell apart but they keep trying to bring it back. We have a general election on the 7th February and it’s going to be interesting 

I'm interested Mak....keep me up to date with this if you remember.

Nothing to do with any of the contributing posters in this thread and ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the fact that I started the thread....but..........Here we have what I would consider a 'fairly' serious thread and................NOT ONE off topic post.....NOT ONE piss taking post (neither of which would have bothered me personally). I could say more but I am not going to.

Middlesbrough is pretty straight forward, but I guess it has to be as its full of thick chavvy benefit scrounging cunts. 

I have the following:

Blue bin for recyclable stuff (Cardboard, paper, glass, plastic (which can be recycled) that gets empties every 2 weeks
A smaller black bin for general waste, emptied weekly
Green bin for garden waste emptied 2 weekly but only from April until Oct/Nov 

Below are my bins 🙂 

recycle.jpg

2 hours ago, Harold said:

The two ladies my wife was out for lunch with on Saturday both come under Clackmannanshire Council....they, like us, are both home owners. They were telling the wife that starting this year (from March) the brown bins (garden waste) for ALL privately owned homes will NOT be uplifted by the council (even though residents pay council tax) UNLESS they pay £36 for a permit (which lasts from March to November) which must be displayed on the bin. The brown bins for council houses will be uplifted free of charge as the council say the cost is incorporated into the rent paid by occupants. The council has suggested that householders can take their waste to the recycling plants (tips to you & me).....they make no exceptions for those who are physically unable to do this or those who do not have their own transport. All these cars spewing exhaust fumes at the tips (& I speak from experience as I have to go at least once a month with general waste)....yeah, that shoots down their climate emergency claims to pieces!!!

Clackmannanshire council are also, from March this year, they will no longer be uplifting ALL residents blue boxes (glass bottles, jars etc & small electrical). Instead they say they are introducing more 'bottle banks' where residents are to go to to dispose of their glass items. The electrical items have to be taken to the recycling plant.

I said a year ago to the missus and neighbours that it will soon come down to the stage where the fucking councils will pick up FUCK ALL and leave the residents to get rid of their waste themselves. The neighbours were sceptical of what I said....call it foresight or commonsense but, to me, there was only one way the councils were heading with this!

Thanks to SNP cuts to local councils in Scotland (and please Ms Sturgeon & that baw heid McKay don't try and swerve this and place the blame on Westminster as is your want with fucking everything) residents are paying AGAIN for what the council have done for years and should still be doing!!!

https://www.clacks.gov.uk/environment/glassrecycling/

https://www.clacks.gov.uk/environment/brownbinpermit/

There's nothing like encouraging flytipping

12 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Middlesbrough is pretty straight forward, but I guess it has to be as its full of thick chavvy benefit scrounging cunts. 

I have the following:

Blue bin for recyclable stuff (Cardboard, paper, glass, plastic (which can be recycled) that gets empties every 2 weeks
A smaller black bin for general waste, emptied weekly
Green bin for garden waste emptied 2 weekly but only from April until Oct/Nov 

Below are my bins 🙂 

recycle.jpg

You scrub up well mate,had you down as a scruffy cunt😜

27 minutes ago, Normski said:

fucking hate it actually when you get elected folk standing for self serving photos....pricks!

39 minutes ago, Normski said:

haha obviously not me or my bins, "I should have worded it differently" 

The bins are the same type as what I have

9 minutes ago, Harold said:

fucking hate it actually when you get elected folk standing for self serving photos....pricks!

I know, I hate all the photos of MPs, all fucking staged and I don't believe any of the photos that I see.