Harold

Domestic recycling and waste bins

Don't know if this has been posted before but what the heck.

How many bins do you have and how often are they emptied ? We have...

Green wheelybin for general waste.....emptied once every 4 weeks

Brown wheelybin for garden refuse.....emptied once every four weeks

Blue wheelybin for plastics, tins/cans & tinfoil.....emptied once every four weeks

Burgundy wheelybin (just supplied a fortnight ago).....for paper, card, cardboard.....emptied once every four weeks

A food waste bin.....emptied every week

A black box for bottles, batteries and small electrical items.....emptied once every two weeks.

Every four weeks for the green one is not enough as we, & no doubt a lot of others, have to take at least one bag of general waste over to our local tip every month.

Also every four weeks for our brown bin is nowhere near enough for us due to the large garden we have & again we have to go to the tip with at least a bag of hedge clippings , plant waste and weeds. Householders can if they wish basically rent a 2nd brown bin for £30 for March till November each year! They can fuck right off with that!

Getting fed up with this pish and having to do what used to be the councils job (the blue and burgundy bins current contents all used to go into the blue bin which was emptied once every two weeks but now the householder has to separate the items and stick them into the appropriate bins!).

Forgot to put the bins out last week so ended up at the dump. Wasps and flys everywhere. Wont forget this week

Gets on my tits this does.

If for any reason a collection is missed I stop recycling and fuck everything in a black bag with the regular weekly collection.

Job done!

I live in a private residence and no one has their own wheely bins.

We all take our garbage down to a sort of outhouse at the entrance to the residence (which has a locked door with a code) inside are 8 immense wheely bins and we dump our rubbish daily in any one of them, everything is mixed together, bottles, plastic food waste etc.

The binmen come and empty these bins about 3 or 4 times a week, fuck knows where it all goes and i couldn't give a shit :banana: 

4 minutes ago, sployal said:

I live in a private residence and no one has their own wheely bins.

We all take our garbage down to a sort of outhouse at the entrance to the residence (which has a locked door with a code) inside are 8 immense wheely bins and we dump our rubbish daily in any one of them, everything is mixed together, bottles, plastic food waste etc.

The binmen come and empty these bins about 3 or 4 times a week, fuck knows where it all goes and i couldn't give a shit :banana: 

don't let the school dodger hear about that.....:flashing-lol:....In all seriousness, isn't it farcical that so called developed countries are on different levels when it comes to 'saving the environment'!!!

14 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

with the regular weekly collection.

what is your weekly collection for....general waste ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Harold said:

don't let the school dodger hear about that.....:flashing-lol:....In all seriousness, isn't it farcical that so called developed countries are on different levels when it comes to 'saving the environment'!!!

what is your weekly collection for....general waste ?

Yes. For general food waste etc.

I try to recycle, but do not go to the tip if any collection gets missed for whatever reason.

I just black bag it all and send it as general.

Edited by Mr Magnificent

Personally, i don't give an itching about this recycling bullshit.

Where my waste goes and what they do with it i don't give a damn as i pay a lot of money every year to get rid of it, lots of people are obviously making mega bucks out of this scam but what is the so called "ecological outcome" of all these modern recycling programmes we hear about and which are stuck down our throats by the Greens and other nutcases ?

Go and take a look at all the 3rd World shithole countries which make up 2 thirds of the planet and ask them how they treat waste disposal? they are still shitting in fields for fucks sake and are polluting the planet on a scale that my plastic yoghurt is a microsisme in comparision.

We have 3 bins.

Black one for general waste, goes.out weekly.

Blue for all recycling, 2 weekly alternates with green bin.

Green for garden waste, 2 weekly

Reading the various posts that have been put up so far it is quite easy to come to the conclusion that due to all the differing ways that waste is treated, well it really is a fucking waste of time. Iwas speaking to a friend a few months ago who actually works with our council and he was telling me that the lorry which had been out collecting blue bin contents couldn't get into the recycling tip due to the large queue so it went to a large landfill tip and emptied the lot in there.....