Sign in to follow this  
boro_boy

A Bury serious matter

On 23/08/2019 at 08:52, boro_boy said:

Bury could go under at midnight tonight. They are obviously shit with money. 

Not really. Football isn't a fair playing field anymore even if you do manage your books ok.

I find it disgusting that this can happen when you see the amount of money in the top flight and Championship. It is a joke and a fuck you I am alright Jack situation.

The powers that be seem intent on hurting struggling clubs and grinding them into the earth. 

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Not really. Football isn't a fair playing field anymore even if you do manage your books ok.

I find it disgusting that this can happen when you see the amount of money in the top flight and Championship. It is a joke and a fuck you I am alright Jack situation.

The powers that be seem intent on hurting struggling clubs and grinding them into the earth. 

All in the name of Financial Fair Play.

I cannot see the logic in penalising a club by deducting hard earned points. Surely there has to be a better way.

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

But is ok for the big boys to spend 80 million on one player?

Sad state of affairs.

Yeah it's a shit day for football, no one cares about the smaller clubs.

3 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Sad state of affairs.

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah it's a shit day for football, no one cares about the smaller clubs.

Sad but true.

3 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Sad state of affairs.

I made no mention of any EPL club spending whatever. I don't even know what has gone on financially at Bury to sound their demise. It's just the fact that a small club has gone to wall.

30 minutes ago, Harold said:

I made no mention of any EPL club spending whatever. I don't even know what has gone on financially at Bury to sound their demise. It's just the fact that a small club has gone to wall.

It was a question mate not a statement of anything you said. :yes:

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

It was a question mate not a statement of anything you said. :yes:

Personally I think it's to do with how the money filters down from the top via whatever outlets are in force to do this. Although the EPL clubs obviously get more television money  and whatever other incomes via sponsorship & overseas tv rights are obtained by the FA  (I don't know how it is shared out...I presume that is down to the FA & all football leagues in England) the lower leagues obviously aren' t on a par with that. Like it or not, imo this is all market driven. I lay no claim to having a business mind but I would presume that viewing figures are far greater for the EPL than the EFL therefore they will receive a far greater share. What also has to be borne in mind is that the EPL clubs and moreso the LIverpools, Man Utds, Man Citys, Chelseas, Gunners receive individual and personal sponsorship from HUGE businesses. That being that, they can afford to a transfer fee that some people view as obscene.

I don't know what happened with Bury but I watched a news report from outside the ground this morning where the reporter was speaking to several Bury fans and they were of the opinion that the death of the club came about due to financial mismanagement by the past couple of owners.

53 minutes ago, Harold said:

Personally I think it's to do with how the money filters down from the top via whatever outlets are in force to do this. Although the EPL clubs obviously get more television money  and whatever other incomes via sponsorship & overseas tv rights are obtained by the FA  (I don't know how it is shared out...I presume that is down to the FA & all football leagues in England) the lower leagues obviously aren' t on a par with that. Like it or not, imo this is all market driven. I lay no claim to having a business mind but I would presume that viewing figures are far greater for the EPL than the EFL therefore they will receive a far greater share. What also has to be borne in mind is that the EPL clubs and moreso the LIverpools, Man Utds, Man Citys, Chelseas, Gunners receive individual and personal sponsorship from HUGE businesses. That being that, they can afford to a transfer fee that some people view as obscene.

I don't know what happened with Bury but I watched a news report from outside the ground this morning where the reporter was speaking to several Bury fans and they were of the opinion that the death of the club came about due to financial mismanagement by the past couple of owners.

I think the TV money for the leagues is doled out based on league points/position, which doesn't do much for the clubs that are struggling.
So not much will filter down to the lower reaches.
Perhaps they should reverse it.

8 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Perhaps they should reverse it.

Certainly the situation needs to be revisited and serious thought given as to the distribution mate. I think we both know that your suggestion would never be acceptable for those who can shout the loudest.

16 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Football clubs should not be classed as businesses

Like it or not mate, that is exactly how they are viewed....it is no longer a working mans/middle class man's outlet!

Regards TV money,some people forget the Football Association and the Football League are two separate bodies

Any money doled out to EPL teams has bugger all to do with lower league teams

The EFL are in charge of the lower leagues so it's their responsibility to oversee a fairer share of the TV pot which probably has about 98% going to the Championship,not the FA

3 hours ago, Harold said:

Like it or not mate, that is exactly how they are viewed....it is no longer a working mans/middle class man's outlet!

Well it's clearly not views like this by fabs. Not just for the lower leafed clubs, but the big clubs too. If a player leaves for another club, the fans kicks off. If it's viewed as a business why do fans kick off whej it's just a job for the player? If they are going to be offered now.koney, they'd be stupid not too move?

10 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Well it's clearly not views like this by fabs. Not just for the lower leafed clubs, but the big clubs too. If a player leaves for another club, the fans kicks off. If it's viewed as a business why do fans kick off whej it's just a job for the player? If they are going to be offered now.koney, they'd be stupid not too move?

The fans look upon the club (whichever) the support with affinity, it is part of their life so that is why they don't think of the club in that term. Perhaps I would have been better saying that the clubs are 'run' as a business by the owners & directors.