Sign in to follow this  
Harold

Rangers punished by UEFA

Well done to those (aye right!) who continue (and still will probably) to put their own priorities before those of the club.

UEFA Statement
by Rangers Football Club
Friday, 23 August 2019, 13:00

RANGERS has been ordered by UEFA to close a section of Ibrox Stadium for the return leg of the club’s Europa League play-off tie against Legia Warsaw on Thursday, August 29.

UEFA has ruled that a group of Rangers supporters were guilty of racist behaviour – which includes sectarian singing – during the match against St Joseph’s at Ibrox on July 18.

Our supporters have been asked repeatedly by the Club to refrain from indulging in this, and other forms of unacceptable behaviour. Sadly, the warnings have fallen on deaf ears and the actions of this minority will cause the Club and the majority of good and decent Rangers supporters to pay a heavy penalty.

UEFA has ruled that a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats must be shut off during the club’s next European match, which is the home match against Legia Warsaw. The area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters.

Unfortunately a significant number of supporters, innocent of any wrong doing, will be unable to attend next week’s match. This is deeply regrettable to all at the Club and we hope that the guilty parties, who attracted the attention of UEFA might reflect on the damage their unacceptable behaviour is causing Rangers and their fellow supporters.

If any individual supporter is unable to behave in a civilised manner then please stay away from Ibrox and our Club. You are harming Rangers and that is something a genuine supporter would never wish to do.

Rangers chairman Dave King stated: “Rangers is a club open to all and we will continue to convey this message at every opportunity through our Everyone Anyone initiative.

“Rangers has players and supporters from many religions, cultures and backgrounds but we are one and the same when we gather to support our club. If any supporter cannot accept that then Rangers is not the club for them”.

Rangers and Celtic will never learn. It seems like so called fans support the club's purely because of religion and.nothing else. I imagine there will be a few fans who don't care about religion but I can't see it being many. 

Do any Catholics supports Rangers?

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I imagine there will be a few fans who don't care about religion but I can't see it being many. 

Can't speak about Celtic but the vast majority of Rangers fans care not a hoot about religion mate. We have had many catholics since Mo Johnston signed who have been lauded as great Rangers players who are catholic....Jorge Albertz, Lorenzo Amoruso, Neil McCann, Sergio Porrini, Marco Negri....and more. However there is an minority element in our support who hold the anti catholic feeling dearly and it is down to them for the continuation. The give not a hoot as to what happens to the club.

10 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Do any Catholics supports Rangers?

yep....there is one on here...Mak. I also knew a female one. Couldn't give you a number though.

Oh right, well to the average fan of an English club (me!!!) all I ever hear is religious shite between your clubs. Might just be the MSM with their agendas. 

15 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Well I am RC as are my kids and they are all big Rangers fans. I don’t care about religion as it’s personal to me 

That's good 👍🏻 I honestly though why would a Catholic support rangers when they sing all these stupid chants to Celtic fans. But as Harold said that's just the minority. The minority.spoil it for the rest. 

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I didn't realise Catholics support Rangers.

I wonder if any protestants support Celtic?

I didn't know either. 

I'm going to say probably but I doubt they would tell any of the Celtic fans. The Celtic fan who used to be on my ship was a Catholic and hated the queen and everything to do with the UK. He was a cunt.

20 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I didn't realise Catholics support Rangers.

I wonder if any protestants support Celtic?

Yeah a few do and they tend to be pretty bitter

54 minutes ago, Harold said:

Yes there are. My cunt of a brother for one and a mate of his.

Just for clarification, in case anyone is wondering, when I used the word 'cunt' about my brother, this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he decided to support Celtic (albeit my dad was a Gers fan also)...it has to do with a personal matter between him and I (he done me out of around £18 grand after selling my deceased dad's house). 100% cunt!!!

2 hours ago, Harold said:

Yes there are. My cunt of a brother for one and a mate of his.

How the fuck did that happen?

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Just for clarification, in case anyone is wondering, when I used the word 'cunt' about my brother, this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he decided to support Celtic (albeit my dad was a Gers fan also)...it has to do with a personal matter between him and I (he done me out of around £18 grand after selling my deceased dad's house). 100% cunt!!!

Absolutely. 200% cunt by the sounds of it.

Some folk are just rotten. 

12 minutes ago, Harold said:

Just seen on FF that the Broomloan Front is to be closed for the Legia Warsaw game...well done the fuckwits!

BF1 CD6 CD7 are all closed BF1 is as you know the UB section 

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

How the fuck did that happen?

The family who lived next door to us at the time were Catholic....decent folk and never had a problem whatsoever with them. The youngest daughter, a Celtic fan, who was the same age as my brother got tickets for the 1980 Cup final....Celtic v Rangers & asked if he wanted to go....said yes. Celtic won 1-0 & I don't know if you recall but there was an invasion by supporters and it went mental....ended up with a female cop on a white horse coming on....my mum was frantic in case he got caught up in the trouble...

The camera initially is panning from the Celtic end...

I swear to God....I've known some dumb skulls in my time, I've known/seen some fucking arseholes who claim to be supporters of the Rangers....but I honestly struggle to understand some of the posts being made be Gers fans on a particular forum. They are aware of this current sanction from UEFA for sectarian singing & let's be honest, if the same songs continue to be sung then UEFA will hammer the club harder until the team have to play behind closed doors. These fans are fucking adamant that, & I quote from one..."Nae cunt will ever tell me what to do or what to sing" then he goes on a ramble of his Protestant heritage and the bad Catholics etc etc....you get the gist. That is what decent fans are up against...there was actually one in particular who is getting all sorts of abuse for suggesting that it stops and for those who won't stop not to return.

After the sanction by UEFA for our game on Thursday against Legia Warsaw for 'sectarian' singing, the following has been brought up on FF. Personally I think it is a valid point considering that the BBC has been vociferous in their condemnation of our support in the use of the Billy Boys song & the word 'Fenian'. I have no truck with UEFA (solely on this instance) doing what they did because we have been aware for years that this song should have stopped BUT.....the same BBC see fit to screen an episode of 'Peaky Blinders' in which this song is sung. I don't feel I'm being petty in mentioning this because this show is watched by millions throughout the UK! Okay for the BBC but not Rangers fans. As I said...the song must stop being sung at Ibrox but....why is it deemed acceptable for our national broadcaster for it to be shown?

And once more 

RANGERS has today informed UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body that the Club will not be requesting tickets for its next European away match.

The Club now faces an additional UEFA charge of racist behaviour for sectarian singing during the first leg of our Europa League play–off tie against Legia Warsaw last Thursday evening. We are liaising with UEFA in relation to this second charge.

The first charge came after the match against St Joseph’s at Ibrox on Thursday, July 18. A consequence of sectarian singing from section BF1 of the ground that evening is that UEFA ordered a partial closure of our stadium for tomorrow night’s crucial game. Those fans responsible for this partial closure of Ibrox Stadium need to understand that they are damaging our Club. If there is a further incidence at tomorrow night’s match this could lead to a ground closure.

The same applies to those who indulged in sectarian singing in Warsaw last week and that is why we have taken the decision to make UEFA aware that we will decline tickets for our next away match even though this means that, once again, the many must suffer because of the few.

This kind of behaviour has no place at Ibrox, or anywhere else where our many teams appear. Offenders must please stop. You are endangering your Club which has recently launched its Everyone Anyone project aimed at welcoming all to Ibrox. Those who wish to sing offensive songs must realise by now that they are insulting Rangers players, staff, and fellow fans. There is nothing clever, bold or even defiant in what this small number of supporters are doing.

By supporting Rangers in the correct way the rest of us must strive to protect our great Club. One way or another this offensive behaviour must end and it would be much more preferable if we stopped it ourselves, simply by behaving like true Rangers fans.

I just wonder how the fans will react tonight and Sunday when we play Celtic. This is going to be interesting. The eyes of the world will be on us!

Posted (edited)

Tonight will be ok I reckon. Sunday could be another matter I hope not though.  Strict liability is coming make no mistake and certain songs and add ons will be first in the firing line. Our fans need to think what’s more important some songs and words or the club 

Edited by Makdee

1 minute ago, Makdee said:

Tonight will be ok I reckon. Sunday could be another matter I hope not though.  Strict liability is coming make no mistake and we if certain songs and add ons will be first in the firing line. Our fans need to think what’s more important some songs and words or the club 

I was perusing online FF forum and unbelievably there are 'still' what I can only describe as arseholes who are defiant about this. The vast majority are calling them out but honestly you couldn't get through to them with a battering ram. I've said for years that this minority are selfish bastards who think only about themselves and nothing else. I hope you're right about tonight....I do fear for Sunday.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

A few dragging the majority down.

Ban them for life from Ibrox. Bring shame upon them. 

To be fair it would be hard to shame some of them. They believe it’s a god given right. I would love to see more people go on a tour rounded Glasgow called the Founders trail this is ran by a couple of guys nothing to do with the club officially. What it does it takes you to various historical sites connected to the club and various graves of leading lights they are also connected to a graves restoration project that find and repair graves of ex players and managers etc. Its a full day but I thought I knew most things about my club I had hardly scratched the surface. Spend a fair bit of time researching it just for my own interest. 

Edited by Makdee