Sign in to follow this  
Harold

St Mirren v Rangers....25/08/2019

Fully expect Rangers to do the business in this early kick off. Hopefully plenty goals. Unfortunately all eyes will be on our support after the UEFA action. I really hope that those in attendance take it on board and cut out the offensive songs/chants....somehow I feel the club will be let down due to the attitudes of some of the posts I've read on FF....hope I'm wrong though.

Team 

RANGERS: McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic; Kamara, Aribo, Jack; Jones, Defoe, Arfield.

SUBS: Foderingham, Edmundson, Davis, Halliday, Morelos, King, Hastie.

What the hell is going on....such a slow pitty patty build up....one clear chance 2 minutes in....trying to pass the ball through a 10 man defence. Once again Barisic has been given a chance & once again (so far) has failed. 90% of the time he gets a pass & immediately it goes back the way....a lack of confidence maybe but....need to hook him. Kamara isn't doing much for me either. Overall it is much to slow allowing St Mirren to get men back. A lot of socks will have to be pulled up 2nd half.

12 minutes ago, Harold said:

0-1 Gers & would you believe it....a brilliant freekick from.....yep, Barisic. Might do his confidence a bit of good!

Agreed good free kick, he's just off getting treatment for a bust gub.

St Mirren are playing such a compact (constipated) defence it's very hard to get through.

3 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Take that. I reckon there will be a fair few games like that opposition with 11 behind the ball

I expect it at Ibrox Mak but at home ? Pathetic. Having said that I still believe our build up is far too slow in midfield and when we get to and around the 18 yard box trying to pass the ball through just doesn't work with so many defenders....two options imo....have a pop or get the ball wide & stick in cross after cross.

3 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Take that. I reckon there will be a fair few games like that opposition with 11 behind the ball

Great 3 points, was a bit scary at the end, it was obvious that the Buddies were set up not to lose a goal and it worked perfectly up until the free kick.

If they continue to play like that then not many teams will score in Paisley.

14 minutes ago, sployal said:

If they continue to play like that then not many teams will score in Paisley

and they will struggle to score also SP. I doubt if they will though apart from against Rangers and Celtic.

Now I am well aware the BBC hate Rangers with a vengeance but ffs to blatantly lie once again....check out the possession stats they gave us....

No photo description available.

2 hours ago, Harold said:

I expect it at Ibrox Mak but at home ? Pathetic. Having said that I still believe our build up is far too slow in midfield and when we get to and around the 18 yard box trying to pass the ball through just doesn't work with so many defenders....two options imo....have a pop or get the ball wide & stick in cross after cross.

I know it shouldn’t be like that mate but they won’t be the only ones to do that against us at home this season 

3 minutes ago, sployal said:

Did Barisic do right to celebrate with the fans and get yellow carded? I think he was a bit stupid...

You're correct mate....I understand the emotion but surely the players must realise that it goes towards them missing games.

9 minutes ago, Harold said:

You're correct mate....I understand the emotion but surely the players must realise that it goes towards them missing games.

All part of the indiscipline on the field that Gerrard has been fighting against, all to no avail apparently.

All adds up, indiscipline onfield and unnecessary singing from the support timely punish the club.