Sign in to follow this  
Harold

Thread for bitching about cheating at cricket

15 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Cheater cheater pumpkin eater!

It's coming home! 

Excellent....keep them in here. Notice you never replied to the evidence I showed you the other day.......:flashing-lol:. That's twice I've shown that to you but for some reason you ignore it as if it didn't happen....There's a football club up here that uses that same tactic.....:flashing-lol:

12 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Starting this thread is an insulting piece of childish nonsense.

A step too far perhaps?

12 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Fucking pathetic thread.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda...

Grow up!

Did you actually think I wouldn't start this after what I posted the other day ? Perhaps if the Ashes thread wasn't littered with shit (moreso the Cricket WC thread which was ruined) that has absolutely nothing to do with this current series simply to indulge in one upmanship then there would be no need. The pair of you love posting about Australian cheats.....you now have a thread for it.

54 minutes ago, Harold said:

Did you actually think I wouldn't start this after what I posted the other day ? Perhaps if the Ashes thread wasn't littered with shit (moreso the Cricket WC thread which was ruined) that has absolutely nothing to do with this current series simply to indulge in one upmanship then there would be no need. The pair of you love posting about Australian cheats.....you now have a thread for it.

Get a life mate!

You're acting like a schoolboy.

2 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Get a life mate!

You're acting like a schoolboy.

so you're ok with a thread getting ruined ?

I'm acting like a schoolboy ?.....:flashing-lol:....says one of the culprits who goes out of their way looking for a reaction from me on a particular subject and admittedly getting it!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Harold said:

so you're ok with a thread getting ruined ?

I'm acting like a schoolboy ?.....:flashing-lol:....says one of the culprits who goes out of their way looking for a reaction from me on a particular subject and admittedly getting it!

Let's not repeat history.
I recall similar sentiments being expressed in another forum.

Don't flatter yourself. I do not post to get reactions from you. I post to make a point on the subject at hand.

Edited by Hairy Scot

10 hours ago, Harold said:

Must agree with you on that point dug.

53 minutes ago, sployal said:

Must agree with you on that point dug.

Thank you...at last someone agrees with my viewpoint to a degree. Look mate, and this is also for info of Hairy and Mags, as much as I can't be arsed with the Aussie cheating comments, and you are all well aware as to why, I would never tell anyone to stop if their want is to make said comments....apart from in the official Ashes forum which imo is for posts/comments about the actual series and match day involvement. As I have said previously to continue with such comments will receive retorts from myself and as can be expected the thread will be ruined. Hence why I started this thread (as I had given notice about) but has been the focus of derision. Hey ho....if members would rather continue as previously then that's up to them but I would prefer that it did not re-occur. Let's be grown up about this and post on the main thread as adults....sure, criticise all you (we) want but keep it in context.

9 minutes ago, Harold said:

Thank you...at last someone agrees with my viewpoint to a degree. Look mate, and this is also for info of Hairy and Mags, as much as I can't be arsed with the Aussie cheating comments, and you are all well aware as to why, I would never tell anyone to stop if their want is to make said comments....apart from in the official Ashes forum which imo is for posts/comments about the actual series and match day involvement. As I have said previously to continue with such comments will receive retorts from myself and as can be expected the thread will be ruined. Hence why I started this thread (as I had given notice about) but has been the focus of derision. Hey ho....if members would rather continue as previously then that's up to them but I would prefer that it did not re-occur. Let's be grown up about this and post on the main thread as adults....sure, criticise all you (we) want but keep it in context.

I said last night dug that i wasn't going to post in this thread,but in light of what you say, i understand where you're getting at.

A thread should stay on par and any addons should begin in another thread, if not then so thread quickly goes off course and is spoiled for the members who wish to participate by commenting about the main subject as in this case "The Ashes" thread.

2 good threads have been spoiled recently by unnecessary bickering which could have easily been avoided by creating seperate threads for the members to argue out their points of view.

Just my opinion, but when it happens some members start to ignore the thread, pretty sad when it is interesting. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Australians cheat all the time.

Don't forget we deported them originally for being liars, thieves and generally dishonest losers!

Well your on the right thread Mags, post away to your hearts content :banana:

11 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Australians cheat all the time.

Don't forget we deported them originally for being liars, thieves and generally dishonest losers!

Oh ffs.....:flashing-lol:. Tell me, what nationality do you think the convicts 'originally' deported from Britain and sent to penal colonies in Australia actually were ? Do you actually believe they were Australian ? Could the vast majority if not all actually have been British? Yeah, damn all these lying, thieving and generally dishonest losers deported from Britain......:flashing-lol:

Between 1788 and 1868, about 162,000 convicts were transported from Britain to various penal colonies in Australia.[1]

The British Government began transporting convicts overseas to American colonies in the early 17th century. When transportation ended with the start of the American Revolution, an alternative site was needed to relieve further overcrowding of British prisons and hulks. Earlier in 1770, James Cook charted and claimed possession of the east coast of Australia for Britain. Seeking to pre-empt the French colonial empire from expanding into the region, Britain chose Australia as the site of a penal colony, and in 1787, the First Fleet of eleven convict ships set sail for Botany Bay, arriving on 20 January 1788 to found Sydney, New South Wales, the first European settlement on the continent. Other penal colonies were later established in Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania) in 1803 and Queensland in 1824, while Western Australia, founded in 1829 as a free colony, received convicts from 1850. South Australia and Victoria, established in 1836 and 1850 respectively, remained free colonies. Penal transportation to Australia peaked in the 1830s and dropped off significantly the following decade as protests against the convict system intensified throughout the colonies. In 1868, almost two decades after transportation to the eastern colonies had ceased, the last convict ship arrived in Western Australia.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Harold said:

Oh ffs.....:flashing-lol:. Tell me, what nationality do you think the convicts 'originally' deported from Britain and sent to penal colonies in Australia actually were ? Do you actually believe they were Australian ? Could the vast majority if not all actually have been British? Yeah, damn all these lying, thieving and generally dishonest losers deported from Britain......:flashing-lol:

Between 1788 and 1868, about 162,000 convicts were transported from Britain to various penal colonies in Australia.[1]

The British Government began transporting convicts overseas to American colonies in the early 17th century. When transportation ended with the start of the American Revolution, an alternative site was needed to relieve further overcrowding of British prisons and hulks. Earlier in 1770, James Cook charted and claimed possession of the east coast of Australia for Britain. Seeking to pre-empt the French colonial empire from expanding into the region, Britain chose Australia as the site of a penal colony, and in 1787, the First Fleet of eleven convict ships set sail for Botany Bay, arriving on 20 January 1788 to found Sydney, New South Wales, the first European settlement on the continent. Other penal colonies were later established in Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania) in 1803 and Queensland in 1824, while Western Australia, founded in 1829 as a free colony, received convicts from 1850. South Australia and Victoria, established in 1836 and 1850 respectively, remained free colonies. Penal transportation to Australia peaked in the 1830s and dropped off significantly the following decade as protests against the convict system intensified throughout the colonies. In 1868, almost two decades after transportation to the eastern colonies had ceased, the last convict ship arrived in Western Australia.

Many modern day Aussies are descendants of thieves and other miscreants. That is a fact.
Not all Aussies are cheats, liars, or unsporting oafs. But there are quite a few who are. Unfortunately due to the high profile given to tennis, rugby, and cricket, the participation of those few in those sports tends to reflect badly on their team mates.

I met a well balanced Aussie last week. He had a chip on both shoulders.     :-)

Edited by Hairy Scot

3 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Many modern day Aussies are descendants of thieves and other miscreants. That is a fact.
Not all Aussies are cheats, liars, or unsporting oafs. But there are quite a few who are. Unfortunately due to the high profile given to tennis, rugby, and cricket, the participation of those few in those sports tends to reflect badly on their team mates.

I met a well balanced Aussie last week. He had a chip on both shoulders.     :-)

Just the one chip on each shoulder?

Most of em have the whole shop!:-)

3 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

I'm not disputing that Hairy....my reply was simply in response to  Mags post in which he claimed that Britain originally deported lying, thieving & generally dishonest losing Aussies from the UK .....:flashing-lol: