UK General Election 2019

Normski

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Most opinion polls I read today were calling for another hung Parliament. 

I hope it isn't but the Tories have appeared over confident to me at times. 

I think the fact all he is saying is let's get Brexit done, he's come across as boring. 

15 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I think the fact all he is saying is let's get Brexit done, he's come across as boring. 

I agree. One Trick Pony.

Too be honest I preferred May.

If Labour had even a half decent leader they would have walked this.  However, Abbott & Corbyn are tragic, so they have fucked it.

19 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Since the Brexit vote we have had three Tory leaders who have got nowhere near getting it done regardless of opposition tactics. 

BJ comes across as a cheeky git even suggesting getting Brexit done! 

10 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

three Tory leaders who have got nowhere near getting it done regardless of opposition tactics

Two mate....Cameron resigned the day after the result. If opposition is blocking the proposed deal then it couldn't possibly be done without a majority.

24 minutes ago, Harold said:

Two mate....Cameron resigned the day after the result. If opposition is blocking the proposed deal then it couldn't possibly be done without a majority.

Cameron authorised the vote in the first place so I count him in the equation.

The Tories are responsible for Brexit and they haven't got it done. They are a weak governing party and have been for years. This is why we are in this mess.

The GE today will change nothing. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Cameron authorised the vote in the first place so I count him in the equation.

Cameron had no input whatsoever in any attempt to get Brexit done so cannot be counted. He was/is a remainer and only had an in/out of the EU referendum in his manifesto for the previous GE due to public pressure.

9 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

The Tories are responsible for Brexit and they haven't got it done

Incorrect....The Tories initiated Brexit but Parliament was responsible because by a huge majority it voted to trigger article 50. Brexit hasn't been achieved due the blocking mechanisms of the opposition parties coupled by the Tories not having a majority thanks to remainers and remember a lot of them voted to trigger article 50 but then went back on their word to get Brexit done.

13 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

The GE today will change nothing.

That has to be seen.

Happily this election will have no effect on my life.

But I sympathise with the people of the UK.
Despite Joseph de Maistre's famous quote, I don't think they deserve what's about to descend on them.

27 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Happily this election will have no effect on my life.

But I sympathise with the people of the UK.
Despite Joseph de Maistre's famous quote, I don't think they deserve what's about to descend on them.

Agreed mate.

I actually think this GE will make things worse if that is possible! 

• Administrator

Apparently a lot of the younger voters have been out in force, no doubt voting labour as they are all snowflakes. With a high turnout and the Brexit Party fucking up the vote for areas where they won't win. It's going to be tight and I honestly think there may be a hung parliment. 

?????????

On 10/12/2019 at 13:00, Harold said:

Lying on the floor when there were chairs available ?

Despite claims of a staged photo, Leeds General infirmary has confirmed that Jack did suffer due to an exceptionally busy week. “'We are extremely sorry that there were only chairs available in the treatment room, and no bed.'"

Look carefully at this photo (from the Yorkshire Evening Post). This is obviously in some treatment room. At the left of the photo there is a chair....would a mother allow her son to lie on the floor and not either seat him on the chair or sit with him on her knee? Look below the boy's head....no pillow. There wasn't even one pillow available ? The wife and I were talking about this.....she was a trained nurse for 40 years and she assured me that under no circumstances would anyone, far less a child, with such a condition be placed on the floor. And look to the right of the photo...wheels and framework! Now I would hazard a guess and say that this is the wheels and framework of a hospital bed? I think most would agree that patients would under no circumstances be placed next to each other especially with one having suspected pneumonia ?

51 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Apparently a lot of the younger voters have been out in force, no doubt voting labour as they are all snowflakes

Of course they will and are....but don't dismiss the older generation who voted Brexit and Labour voters who voted Brexit. Up here there was a good %age of SNP supporters who voted Brexit but will still vote for SNP because all they are concerned about now is separation.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Harold said:

Look carefully at this photo (from the Yorkshire Evening Post). This is obviously in some treatment room. At the left of the photo there is a chair....would a mother allow her son to lie on the floor and not either seat him on the chair or sit with him on her knee? Look below the boy's head....no pillow. There wasn't even one pillow available ? The wife and I were talking about this.....she was a trained nurse for 40 years and she assured me that under no circumstances would anyone, far less a child, with such a condition be placed on the floor. And look to the right of the photo...wheels and framework! Now I would hazard a guess and say that this is the wheels and framework of a hospital bed? I think most would agree that patients would under no circumstances be placed next to each other especially with one having suspected pneumonia ?

Of course they will and are....but don't dismiss the older generation who voted Brexit and Labour voters who voted Brexit. Up here there was a good %age of SNP supporters who voted Brexit but will still vote for SNP because all they are concerned about now is separation.

It's going to be close. I'm going to stay up tonight and watch the results come in, not sure how long I'll stay up for though. 

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Apparently a lot of the younger voters have been out in force, no doubt voting labour as they are all snowflakes. With a high turnout and the Brexit Party fucking up the vote for areas where they won't win. It's going to be tight and I honestly think there may be a hung parliment. 

?????????

Yeah the weather will have kept a lot of older voters home. 

16 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

It's going to be close. I'm going to stay up tonight and watch the results come in, not sure how long I'll stay up for though. 

You'll be pissed by half ten.