Insurance in the news, overcharging

boro_boy

• Administrator

They are not, but that's what the left wing media wants you to think. People are lazy and can't be arsed to look around. Insurance sense it a renewal a month before. All these thick people have to do is so around. 

Apparantly 6 million people are being over charged. Lol, people are thick.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

They are not, but that's what the left wing media wants you to think. People are lazy and can't be arsed to look around. Insurance sense it a renewal a month before. All these thick people have to do is so around. 

Apparantly 6 million people are being over charged. Lol, people are thick.

I have several issues with insurer's when getting quotes, as i will ( long post coming here) explain. quotes are very much a tick box exercise-(After getting online quotes i always call the preferred company).

IE, when asked where my car is kept overnight i got a few options, driveway-secure compound ETC.

I said "it's kept on a secure driveway"

Them what do you mean?.

Me- "Well i have electronic gates, security lighting and CCTV and a dog so i would say it's a secure driveway".

Them "well we don't have that option".

Me,-" Well it's a secure car park/compound as it's very secure".

Them, "sorry cant give you that option as it's a driveway"

Me- "well can you manually input it?".

Them" No sorry there isn't an option for that"..  That in itself could potentially increase my premium slightly. Tho my insurance has more than halved since i no longer have a B at the start of my postcode it still annoys me.

House insurance!

"Are you or anybody else who lives at the property a smoker"?.

Me-"what is the relevance of this question?".

Them- "Increased fire risk".

Me-"Yes i am a smoker tho smoking is not permitted in my house or on my wooden decking area only on the paved patio area away from the property, so smoking does not increase the risk of fire".

Them -"so you are a smoker?."

Me- "yes but can you explain how it increase the fire risk if there is no smoking in the property?".

Them-"No".

Me-" So can you give the the option of there is no smoking within the property?".

Them- "No".

So there again my premium may be increased due to lack of options on what is basically a template with no room for manoeuvre. Or reality.

So i agree people may be overcharged sometimes tho the amounts may in many cases be small,some people who work hard for a living to pay for those who are unwilling to work, or simply get a dinghy over the channel to have everything handed to them, could use that money better elsewhere.

Just my thought's on it @boro_boy

Edited by The Realist

• Administrator
8 hours ago, The Realist said:

I have several issues with insurer's when getting quotes, as i will ( long post coming here) explain. quotes are very much a tick box exercise-(After getting online quotes i always call the preferred company).

IE, when asked where my car is kept overnight i got a few options, driveway-secure compound ETC.

I said "it's kept on a secure driveway"

Them what do you mean?.

Me- "Well i have electronic gates, security lighting and CCTV and a dog so i would say it's a secure driveway".

Them "well we don't have that option".

Me,-" Well it's a secure car park/compound as it's very secure".

Them, "sorry cant give you that option as it's a driveway"

Me- "well can you manually input it?".

Them" No sorry there isn't an option for that"..  That in itself could potentially increase my premium slightly. Tho my insurance has more than halved since i no longer have a B at the start of my postcode it still annoys me.

House insurance!

"Are you or anybody else who lives at the property a smoker"?.

Me-"what is the relevance of this question?".

Them- "Increased fire risk".

Me-"Yes i am a smoker tho smoking is not permitted in my house or on my wooden decking area only on the paved patio area away from the property, so smoking does not increase the risk of fire".

Them -"so you are a smoker?."

Me- "yes but can you explain how it increase the fire risk if there is no smoking in the property?".

Them-"No".

Me-" So can you give the the option of there is no smoking within the property?".

Them- "No".

So there again my premium may be increased due to lack of options on what is basically a template with no room for manoeuvre. Or reality.

So i agree people may be overcharged sometimes tho the amounts may in many cases be small,some people who work hard for a living to pay for those who are unwilling to work, or simply get a dinghy over the channel to have everything handed to them, could use that money better elsewhere.

Just my thought's on it @boro_boy

Yeah totally agree with your post, that part of the insurance system needs updating I think. There needs to be more options for people to choose. But my main issue is, is not the insurances problem that people are paying to much, is that people who never do around and change provided.

I change my house insurance and car insurance every year to get a better deal. Only one I can't change is Mt dog Darcy's pet insurance as she had a pre existing condition.