The Halloween Thread

Normski

Ach, I just look at it as an evening for weans to go to a party and go guising, dooking for apples etc. I did it myself when I was wee but now we put the outside lights off and padlock the gate so nobody can get round to our back door.....:flashing-lol:.

I'm not knocking you or your belief Mags but tbh this is honestly the first time I have heard of it being associated with auld Nick and I'm not going to start thinking differently now at my age.

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

It isn't funny to laugh at someone's beliefs. I believe in Heaven so I have to believe in Hell. 

I laugh at everything. I just think with all the science and evidence that people would stop believing in GOD. But each to their own. 

16 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I laugh at everything. I just think with all the science and evidence that people would stop believing in GOD. But each to their own. 

That won't be happening to me.

God and Jesus are important factors in my life. They guide me to be a good person. 

I believe in God....don't ask me why but that is how was brought up and have no reason to change my belief. Haven't been to church for many many years apart from weddings and mainly funerals but I do not believe it is necessary to go to church to have such a belief.

6 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

You need to do a bit more research.

Halloween, or All Hallows Eve is the night before All Saints Day (sometimes called All Hallows Day).
It has nothing to do with the devil or demons.
On the contrary the whole thing is about warding off devils and demons.

I googled this yesterday Hairy and there are differing opinions on that.

11 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I've no doubt that there are.
But those are probably based on what has grown around the day over the course of time.

I was merely quoting the historical facts.

I'm not disputing anything to do with it.....I have no truck with either opinion....I replied because you said to Mags about more research which I did out of curiosity.

Ahh for fucks sake,what next......Christmas?

Multicultural' primary school BANS pupils from dressing up for Halloween party… because it's not 'inclusive' for ALL children 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7559253/amp/Edinburgh-primary-school-bans-children-dressing-Halloween-not-inclusive.html?__twitter_impression=true

12 hours ago, Normski said:

Ahh for fucks sake,what next......Christmas?

Probably mate. These cunts are destroying many years of harmless traditions. Left wing liberal elite, PC fuckers that are stamping their authority and in the process taking away part of the kids childhood. As one parent said in the article, the kids, who would have celebrated, have to get involved in other cultures....one way street but that's not unusual for the PC. Perhaps the parents of the children being denied the opportunity to indulge in fancy dress should have arranged a party/dance themselves and told the school to stick its offensive decision up its arse and not attend!