Belfast

Mr Magnificent

21 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

The Magnificent One and his trophy wife have decided to grace Belfast with their presence in the new year.

I mainly want friendly people and loads of beer. Trip to The Mountains of Mourne and Giants Causeway too.

Tips?

Bring Rangers and Celtic taps with ye,if you're going ingo a republican area stick the Celtic tap on and if you venture into a prod area put the Gers tap on

41 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

The Magnificent One and his trophy wife have decided to grace Belfast with their presence in the new year.

I mainly want friendly people and loads of beer. Trip to The Mountains of Mourne and Giants Causeway too.

Tips?

I'll gee ye info nearer your trip......

Two things which folk should be warned.....

Most shops closed on Sunday, Tesco etc have limited opening on a Sunday.....

Also, pubs, clubs close between 1 and 2am........

Never come at Easter, pub hours are a shambles.......

53 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Tips?

refrain from entering Falls Road.....

Falls Road

The centre of the Republican community in West Belfast is Falls Road, a fascinating neighbourhood for tourists due to the murals which can be seen here. Many of the murals on Falls Road are very artistic, though some might differ with the politics behind them. Sights on Falls Road include the Hunger Strike murals and the Sinn Fein head office (including a small gift shop). 

Safety 

• Wearing a Rangers football (soccer) shirt might cause offence.
  • Wearing an England or Scotland football (soccer) or rugby shirt might cause offence.
  • Walking through the Peace Lines is fine during the hours of daylight but the gates are closed at night and on Sundays.
  • Don't wander around the Falls Road Estate at night.
  • Don't make jokes about the IRA or any of the murals when you are within earshot of others.
  • Those with British or Scottish accents may wish to be careful who they speak to.

2 hours ago, Harold said:

refrain from entering Falls Road.....

Falls Road

The centre of the Republican community in West Belfast is Falls Road, a fascinating neighbourhood for tourists due to the murals which can be seen here. Many of the murals on Falls Road are very artistic, though some might differ with the politics behind them. Sights on Falls Road include the Hunger Strike murals and the Sinn Fein head office (including a small gift shop). 

Safety 

• Wearing a Rangers football (soccer) shirt might cause offence.
  • Wearing an England or Scotland football (soccer) or rugby shirt might cause offence.
  • Walking through the Peace Lines is fine during the hours of daylight but the gates are closed at night and on Sundays.
  • Don't wander around the Falls Road Estate at night.
  • Don't make jokes about the IRA or any of the murals when you are within earshot of others.
  • Those with British or Scottish accents may wish to be careful who they speak to.

And it mightn't be a bad idea to not wear an " I support Soldier F" insignia on your person .

Edited by DOC

15 hours ago, Harold said:

does my wee avatar upset you Doc ?

No it doesn't H . Why would it ?

On 11/10/2019 at 18:39, Mr Magnificent said:

Tips?

If you are going to the causeway , take a tour of the Bushmills distillery , its quite close. Although the guide we had , didn't think much of Scotch whiskey.

16 minutes ago, Harold said:

Just wondering because you felt it necessary to bring it up when there was no mention in any of the posts prior to mine about 'Soldier F' and the only indication of said individual is in my avatar. No probs.

To be fair, there are are banners and Para Flegs all over the place over here......

So it was probably a genuine point on his part..... 

5 minutes ago, Bastion said:

To be fair, there are are banners and Para Flegs all over the place over here......

So it was probably a genuine point on his part..... 

That's fair enough Bastion.....I wasn't aware of any such displays and if Doc had mentioned that I'd never have made the post. As I said....no probs.

30 minutes ago, Harold said:

That's fair enough Bastion.....I wasn't aware of any such displays and if Doc had mentioned that I'd never have made the post. As I said....no probs.

There is no reason you would know Mate.....

Para Flegs everywhere ( over the summer months, now taken down with UJ and Ulster flegs, until next summer),  also banners saying We Support Soldier F

You will also see folk with T-shirts etc.....

2019-06-24_new_51344212_I1.JPG.jpg

185332112-7f67229d-603e-487c-b488-3660040afeb4.jpg

10 hours ago, Harold said:

Bastion is right Harold, I just thought it was common knowledge although oddly enough the Soldier F banner is not welcome on the Shankill.according to this

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/shankill-loyalists-refuse-to-erect-soldier-f-banners-38172683.html

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 18:39, Mr Magnificent said:

Tips?

The evidence here suggests the Magnificent one, and his  trophy wife were both spotted in Kings Heath park today, getting all romantic. Camera doesn't lie etc.

negan and wife.jpg

Edited by The Realist