• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Childhood memories

Harold

What are the earliest memories you can remember....good or bad. I have two bad ones that really stick out. When I was really young we lived in a block of tenement flats which had a large grass area to the front where the kids would play. I mind one day getting chased by a neighbour's son who was about the same age as me (we'd be around 5 years old). Now this wasn't just a chase trying to catch me (I can't remember why it even happened)....this wee cunt had a fucking axe and was trying to hit me with it. Funnily enough this lad had the same name as the the man who committed the Dunblane massacre in 1996, one Thomas Hamilton. A second recollection concerned me trying to climb over a dry stane dyke which didn't hold me so I fell and several boulders fell on to my left hand breaking every bone in it. What made it worse was that I always remember there were two women standing gossiping and never came to help me.

Anything you peeps can remember ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I remember being cradled by some random woman on a holiday, I remember I was crying and not happy, not sure how old I was, think I was mega young though, like <3 years maybe. Also remember sitting on my nanas doorstep when I was 6 years old as I counted the dots on a ladybird for some reason!

On 20/11/2019 at 20:57, boro_boy said:

I remember being cradled by some random woman on a holiday, I remember I was crying and not happy, not sure how old I was, think I was mega young though, like <3 years maybe. Also remember sitting on my nanas doorstep when I was 6 years old as I counted the dots on a ladybird for some reason!

That's a very good description of what we would do at that age when we are suffering some trauma BB. When I was 6, my little brother was killed by a van. I can still remember it  and through the tears , your little mind would suddenly find something else that grabs your attention , like those dots on the  ladybird. It was probably a child's way of coping .