Sign in to follow this  
Hairy Scot

UEFA Rankings

4 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Sad to see Scotland below Cyprus.

As you know I'm no lover of international football and don't follow it but I'm really surprised that Scotland are as high as 16. Croatia is at 18....I'd have thought Croatia would be up near the top.

17 minutes ago, Harold said:

As you know I'm no lover of international football and don't follow it but I'm really surprised that Scotland are as high as 16. Croatia is at 18....I'd have thought Croatia would be up near the top.

Dug these are not International rankings, these are rankings for UEFA cup competitions ie Champions league and Europa league.

They are decided through results over the last 5 years by clubs competing in these competitions and are designed to determine how many clubs by country participate in said competitions for a given year.

For the moment Scotland has 4 places, 1 CL and 3 EL, if we can grimp a few places in the rankings then the team finishing second in the SPL could have a place in the CL qualifiers.

14 minutes ago, sployal said:

Dug these are not International rankings, these are rankings for UEFA cup competitions ie Champions league and Europa league.

They are decided through results over the last 5 years by clubs competing in these competitions and are designed to determine how many clubs by country participate in said competitions for a given year.

For the moment Scotland has 4 places, 1 CL and 3 EL, if we can grimp a few places in the rankings then the team finishing second in the SPL could have a place in the CL qualifiers.

I understand now....I presumed, wrongly, that as it was in 'International Football' it was about the national teams.