Was Southgate correct ?

Harold

During the Liverpool v Manchester City game last Sunday there was an altercation between Raheem Sterling and Joe Gomez. After the players were at St Georges Park for the build up to the game against Montenegro there was another bust up with Sterling grabbing Gomez by the neck and scratching his face...(ooooh, take that you bitch). Southgate decided to send Sterling home and he will not be considered for the game. He then gave a press conference about the situation. I don't know who was to blame for the incident but by what I've read it was Sterling who instigated it. So in my humble I think Southgate has taken the correct course of action but the decision has, according to some reports, divided the thoughts of the other players. Any thoughts ?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he was right.

Of course the Liverpool players in the England squad are going to side with Gomez. It appears Sterling got too big for his boots and paid the price.

On a side note Danny Rose says he sensed a deep dislike of Sterling from the Liverpool fans. What that has to do with anything is beyond me. Maybe he was making excuses for the lack of self control Sterling displayed? 

Edited by Mr Magnificent

3 hours ago, Harold said:

During the Liverpool v Manchester City game last Sunday there was an altercation between Raheem Sterling and Joe Gomez. After the players were at St Georges Park for the build up to the game against Montenegro there was another bust up with Sterling grabbing Gomez by the neck and scratching his face...(ooooh, take that you bitch). Southgate decided to send Sterling home and he will not be considered for the game. He then gave a press conference about the situation. I don't know who was to blame for the incident but by what I've read it was Sterling who instigated it. So in my humble I think Southgate has taken the correct course of action but the decision has, according to some reports, divided the thoughts of the other players. Any thoughts ?

I don't understand that the England team manager must excuse a bust of 2 Prima Donna's, it's only further proof that football media has gone mad.

Click bait at it's best :banana:

31 minutes ago, Harold said:

Don't get what you mean mate ?

It's a non-story that should have been kept out of the media.
Just some attention seeker grabbing a few quid for some inside info.

32 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

It's a non-story that should have been kept out of the media.

Rumours regards suchlike incidents will always reach some member of the media and Southgate, imo, wanted to make a statement rather than be accused of sweeping and or fibbing about a reason. I think the fact that Sterling left the camp and will not feature would have raised a few eyebrows. However the point of the thread was.....was Southgate correct in sending only Sterling home and not considering him for the game. I may have confused the matter by mentioning his press conference.