Election Manifesto's

superally

We have all heard so many promises in these over the years, only for the political parties when subsequently elected not to deliver. so what i am asking is should it in some way be written into law  that the party that promises has to deliver? We all know that circumstances may change during a government term thus maybe preventing some things. I think that if a party breaks the major points of its manifesto it should at least be prevented from standing in the next general election. It's so easy to make promises and pledges.

What in your mind would be the best way to stop these empty promises and bullshit just to win votes??

Discuss!

Edited by The Realist

• Administrator

I think something should be put into law. As like you say, they can say anything to get a vote and then not follow through on their promises. 

If what they promised was out into law then I don't think the promises from each party would be sad stupid as they are right now, such as the free broadband for EVERYONE. 

9 hours ago, The Realist said:

We have all heard so many promises in these over the years, only for the political parties when subsequently elected not to deliver. so what i am asking is should it in some way be written into law  that the party that promises has to deliver? We all know that circumstances may change during a government term thus maybe preventing some things. I think that if a party breaks the major points of its manifesto it should at least be prevented from standing in the next general election. It's so easy to make promises and pledges.

What in your mind would be the best way to stop these empty promises and bullshit just to win votes??

Discuss!

You only have to see MP's switching from one party to another without a By-election,this is the first thing needs sorting

I think the problem with enshrining something like this into law is the fact that so much of what they promise to deliver can take longer than a parliamentary term to complete. It could start within the initial term but still be ongoing at the next GE and of course the Government which started the project/s could possibly be replaced. And how do you police the Mumsnet & Green parties ? They can promise the earth and not be accountable because as sure as shit is shit they aint planking any arses in No. 10.

On 16/11/2019 at 10:05, Normski said:

You only have to see MP's switching from one party to another without a By-election,this is the first thing needs sorting

Totally agree with that.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Normski said:

For fuck sake they can't do that surely. I think once your a pensioner you should be paying no more than 50% council tax. Labours plan will see more pensioners freezing to death in the winters!!

Just now, boro_boy said:

For fuck sake they can't do that surely. I think once your a pensioner you should be paying no more than 50% council tax. Labours plan will see more pensioners freezing to death in the winters!!

And then there's their garden tax.......

On 16/11/2019 at 00:06, The Realist said:
On 16/11/2019 at 06:55, Mr Magnificent said:

This won't happen as our lawmakers would effectively be barring themselves from lying.

Discuss!

14 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I offered a perfectly good reason as to why they will never vote for that in my opinion.

Jog on...

Interesting that. Tho i don't recall mentioning voting for anything. Just what i posted above, so as you can see, I am struggling with the relevance of your post.