Game Changer - Vegan Documentary

boro_boy

• Administrator

Just watched this out of interest as my mate who I work with watched this at the weekend and he's now turned Vegan, not because of the animals, but because of the heath gains!! It was actually a decent watch to be honest. 

I don't really eat that much meat these days due to the missus being a vegetarian and to be honest there are some proper nice vegetarian alternatives out there and this is only going to get bigger and better. The only meat I eat is from takeaways and that's only chicken, and then I buy M&S reduced fat sausages for my breakfasts. 

You have to be careful will these types of "Films" as you don't know how true everything is, or how much they are just picking out of a story what they want you to believe.

Everybody has the right to eat what they want as long as their choice/opinion is not forced onto others. Vegans ? They can do what they wish regards eating preferences but we've all read/seen a certain section of extremists storming eateries creating havoc to the owners and diners.....they can do one. A television show wouldn't influence me. Tbh BB I wouldn't eat chicken out of any takeaway.....I don't trust them to actually use chicken.....:flashing-lol:

I will eat what I like regardless of the consequences and/or the recommendations or remonstrations of others.
Life is about choices, and choices are the prerogative of all free thinking individuals.

53 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I will eat what I like regardless of the consequences and/or the recommendations or remonstrations of others.
Life is about choices, and choices are the prerogative of all free thinking individuals.

Last time I was at the Doc's for checks by the nurse I was asked about my smoking and drinking habits I refused to divulge and informed them that I would not give any information that could be used by a government to create an even larger nanny state and thereafter raise prices on goods it obviously does not like. Fuck them! Funnily enough I'm never asked about my eating habits.

• Administrator
On 21/11/2019 at 08:49, Harold said:

Everybody has the right to eat what they want as long as their choice/opinion is not forced onto others. Vegans ? They can do what they wish regards eating preferences but we've all read/seen a certain section of extremists storming eateries creating havoc to the owners and diners.....they can do one. A television show wouldn't influence me. Tbh BB I wouldn't eat chicken out of any takeaway.....I don't trust them to actually use chicken.....:flashing-lol:

Yeah totally agree with what your saying. I'm cutting down on meat at the moment still have my sausages in the morning and eat chicken every other day. But I'm also eating vegetarian meat alternatives, some of which are pretty nice. 

On 21/11/2019 at 12:23, Hairy Scot said:

Fiat one haha ????. I think people would rather eat what they want and have a happy shirt life rather than eat boring tasteless food for a long long time and be unhappy.

On 21/11/2019 at 13:20, Harold said:

Last time I was at the Doc's for checks by the nurse I was asked about my smoking and drinking habits I refused to divulge and informed them that I would not give any information that could be used by a government to create an even larger nanny state and thereafter raise prices on goods it obviously does not like. Fuck them! Funnily enough I'm never asked about my eating habits.

Do you not want to be a stat then?

12 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Do you not want to be a stat then?

certainly not to assist a nanny state whereby they could use my data in order to influence policies in the way that I mentioned. Where do you think they get their info (and twist it whichever way they desire) for other policies they introduce....Minimum pricing, no two for one on fast food, etc etc.