Harold

What are the odds ?

9 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

That's what you call SODs law!!!

Sod is one cunt mate.....:flashing-lol:

PS....what's happened to the smileys ?

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

can you restore them or are we fucked ?

I'll have to find them again! Individually, unless they are still on the server, i'll look into it for you 🙄🙄🙄

3 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I'll have to find them again! Individually, unless they are still on the server, i'll look into it for you 🙄🙄🙄

I've mailed you a zip file of my collection.

12 hours ago, Harold said:

My wife has a right interest in certain aspects of history and last year she watched a programme presented and narrated by David Hayman about Scotland's involvement in the Slave Trade. He brought up a book written by a Scots author and the missus tried to buy/ order it from Waterstones but the book is no longer published and there were only a few of them printed anyway....what copies there are in Scotland are in the National Libraries....she asked if I would look online and the only copies (used) that were showing for sale were coming in at over £200 for 84 pages....yep, 84 pages so she refused to even consider that. Okay, back to 'What are the odds'........As it's her birthday in December I had a rake about and discovered there is another (very) good book on this subject also by another Scottish author Professor Sir Tom Devine an eminent historian......so unknown to the missus I ordered it from Waterstones and have it hidden in the house. She has never mentioned anything about the subject since she couldn't get the first book. What a brilliant surprise thinks me! Yesterday we were in the town and she went into Waterstones to order a couple of novels while I waited outside. She came out and told me she had been talking to the guy who served her and someone brought up the topic of slavery and she told him about the book she couldn't get and the guy said there was another one by someone called.......................Tom Devine...............and guess what ? She only bloody ordered it Rodders! Well, my heart sunk and I told her she'd better go back in and cancel the order because I already have it for 'your birthday' ! The best laid plans eh....what are the bloody odds???

That's women for you mate!

Strange breed.

54 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

That's women for you mate!

Strange breed.

Maybe she can read his mind as done it just to annoy him :b0269: