I bought a Chromebook

boro_boy

• Administrator

It's an ASUS one and it's being delivered tomorrow. Only £699 and I've bough it as I don't use my gaming laptop anymore when I'm at home or away in hotels at work. I need something smaller so I've just bought this:

ASUS - Flip C434TA 14” Intel® Core™ i5 2 in 1 Chromebook - 128 GB eMMc, Silver

l_10194645_006.jpg

l_10194645.jpg

l_10194645_002.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 GB of RAM is decent as long as the motherboard can cope.

A lot of new pcs have so much memory power that info is actually bottle necked on the motherboard because it can't get round fast enough.

Chromebooks are good so I doubt you will have that problem. Especially with that processor too. 

12 hours ago, boro_boy said:

It's an ASUS one and it's being delivered tomorrow. Only £699 and I've bough it as I don't use my gaming laptop anymore when I'm at home or away in hotels at work. I need something smaller so I've just bought this:

ASUS - Flip C434TA 14” Intel® Core™ i5 2 in 1 Chromebook - 128 GB eMMc, Silver

l_10194645_006.jpg

l_10194645.jpg

l_10194645_002.jpg

More money than sense!   :t3905:

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

More money than sense!   :t3905:

haha, its good though, all I do at the moment is browse the internet and watch TV on it. 

Its very fast but you can't really do much more with it but its exactly what I need :sautillant:

3 hours ago, boro_boy said:

haha, its good though, all I do at the moment is browse the internet and watch TV on it. 

Its very fast but you can't really do much more with it but its exactly what I need :sautillant:

Of course you can.

It's front bus size is huge along with all that RAM.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I absolutely love this little Chromebook. Battery last for about 10 hours if not watching movies, it last about 4-5 hours if your watching movies but still thats very good. 

Its so quick too. When I first started using I was missing using my windows apps such as the WinSCP which I used to upload files to the forums server, I now just do it online via the browser. I don't really play games that much now so I'm hardly using my make big laptop!, I just put my chrome ontop of my gaming laptop. Might think about selling it soon, but saying that i'll get fuck all for it so probably good to just keep it as a spare ? .