82% of Aberdeen fans fizz with rage over Rangers

From another source.

jack%2Baberdeen.jpg

As some fans will know, Aberdeen-based Evening Express ran a poll yesterday to ask Dons fans for the best central midfield pairing for the Pittodrie side of the past decade, and inevitably Ryan Jack’s name was there.

Some media outlets joked that Rangers fans had ‘hijacked’ the poll to propel Rangers’ star midfielder into first place with over 80% (82 in fact) of the vote, but of course, it’s pretty patently obvious that Jack is the best CM Aberdeen have produced since the days of yore.

The newspaper in question even put it through its own gritted teeth with the statement:

"Former captain Jack’s move to Rangers has soured his relationship with the Red Army. However, the youth academy product was a vital member of the Dons side for most of the decade and someone whose role in the team has perhaps not yet been refilled. Jack’s value to Aberdeen lay in taking the ball off of the defence and getting the team playing. He was able to bring the side’s creative players into the game with his passing. He won the League Cup under McInnes in 2014 and started both domestic cup finals in the 2016-17 season, although he was stripped of the captaincy before the Scottish Cup showpiece at Hampden."

We had to laugh – the opening sentence appears to blame Jack for leaving, rather than the Dons fans for behaving in a truly vile manner, while ‘perhaps not yet been refilled’ is up there with the sky being (light) blue.

Aberdeen really do hate Rangers – there’s no denying Jonny Hayes’ move to Celtic didn’t ‘sour’ his relationship with Aberdeen, nor Ryan Christie’s job-share between Pittodrie and Celtic.

No, it’s just a Rangers thing. Always has been. Always will be.

And Jack’s spectacular rise at Ibrox will only make the Sheep hate us even more.

Que sera.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Aberdeen really do hate Rangers – there’s no denying Jonny Hayes’ move to Celtic didn’t ‘sour’ his relationship with Aberdeen, nor Ryan Christie’s job-share between Pittodrie and Celtic.

No, it’s just a Rangers thing. Always has been. Always will be.

And therein the nail on the head is struck. Fuck them....Scum....always have been, always will be.

Aberdeen fans like to think they have this incredible hatred of Rangers and for  Celtic  but do you not think it is purely because they will never match the two Glasgow sides   ,ok they have the odd flurish now and again but  Rangers and Celtic will always be top dogs  fan power alone will enforce that 

They just cannot accept that where they are is most probably the best they will be  until somebody unearths another manager that has ambition not just fueled  by the crisp packet support  to drive them on to next level

18 minutes ago, fatpipe said:

but  Rangers and Celtic will always be top dogs  fan power alone will enforce that

Totally agree with that.

18 minutes ago, fatpipe said:

Aberdeen fans like to think they have this incredible hatred of Rangers and for  Celtic  but do you not think it is purely because they will never match the two Glasgow sides 

Tbh I have never thought that Aberdeen fans had a hatred of Celtic but you being a Celtic fan will certainly know better than me with regards to that. From personal experience and what I have seen and been subjected to I have certainly 'felt' the hatred towards the blue half of Glasgow. I don't think it's down to the fact that they will never match the Gers or Celtic....I think it's down to the moron effect ie: fucking idiots who hate for hatred's sake. Listen mate, I knew Rangers fans who I wouldn't associate with due to their pure hatred of Celtic and their fans for no other reason than they were simply Celtic FC and Celtic fans and I'm talking about times throughout the years that Rangers were top dogs and also when Celtic were the main men. I'm a member of a Gers forum and some of the stuff I read is quite nauseating and it has nowt to do with Celtic being the top team atm. I have no doubt that you will have known/know a good few bell ends also.

28 minutes ago, fatpipe said:

where they are is most probably the best they will be  until somebody unearths another manager that has ambition

I agree. Will the next Alex Ferguson please stand up....please stand up.