• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And you won't get any mate....do not be swayed by what others tell you.....make your own mind up.

It sounds like you had a great evening mate. Me and the Mrs saw a musical called the Marc Bolan experience a few years back. It was awesome! 

Lovely part of the country. Enjoyed my visit there last year.

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/12/2019 at 21:24, boro_boy said:

Went to see this at the Playhouse in Edinburgh and honestly, it was such an amazing musical to watch, everything is live, they have a live orchestra, two people either side of the stage playing all the other instruments and all the singers, singing live and perfectly. The visuals were so so  good too, everything was just amazing.

Has anyone seen it, this is the first time I've seen a musical and I want to watch it again. 

Seen the Lion King last night at The Edinburgh Playhouse. I can only echo what BB said above. Absolutely incredible show! Would definitely recommend going to see it if you get the chance!  It’s been extended to the end of March up here because it so popular. 

• Site Owner
5 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

Seen the Lion King last night at The Edinburgh Playhouse. I can only echo what BB said above. Absolutely incredible show! Would definitely recommend going to see it if you get the chance!  It’s been extended to the end of March up here because it so popular. 

Glad you liked it. Such a good show, I want to see it again. The music and visuals are amazing. ??????

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator
11 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Just booked tickets to see the lion king in Cardiff in August 2022.

Really ? Think you'll get to actually see it ?...Hmmm. Anyways, why the fuck are you going to drive from windy city to shaggerland to see a musical ?

• Site Owner
1 minute ago, Harold said:

Really ? Think you'll get to actually see it ?...Hmmm. Anyways, why the fuck are you going to drive from windy city to shaggerland to see a musical ?

Who knows, it's 18 months ago. Hopefully things have calmed down by then. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Site Owner
4 minutes ago, sployal said:

You sound all at sea, watch out for the heartburn. Couple of deep breaths and arms held out and back mate:beer:

Well I can go back on my Omerprazole come Friday after the Endoscope 🙂 something to look forward to!

I leave my current draft in less that 2 months! Can't wait, I did enjoy it, but i'll discuss all once i've left that ship and there is a lot to discuss, I'll have to put it in the forum where the search engines have no access too!!! Though I might leave it until i've left the Navy as its pretty bad some of the stuff "somebody" did on the "ship". 

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

Well I can go back on my Omerprazole come Friday after the Endoscope 🙂 something to look forward to!

I leave my current draft in less that 2 months! Can't wait, I did enjoy it, but i'll discuss all once i've left that ship and there is a lot to discuss, I'll have to put it in the forum where the search engines have no access too!!! Though I might leave it until i've left the Navy as its pretty bad some of the stuff "somebody" did on the "ship". 

I spent a few stints on Navy boats (ships) BB them Navy guys are some wild muckers especially when they go 'over the line':beer:

• Site Owner
Just now, sployal said:

I spent a few stints on Navy boats (ships) BB them Navy guys are some wild muckers especially when they go 'over the line':beer:

What ships did you go on?

Yeah there's some crazy people in the navy!! I think we have more alcoholics than any other service/normal job. 

4 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

What ships did you go on?

Yeah there's some crazy people in the navy!! I think we have more alcoholics than any other service/normal job. 

French Navy ships mate, from old diesel submarines up until a four day stint on the 'Charles de Gaulle' in the Persian Gulf in 2015.

You couldn't believe where the sailors produced alcohol from, was stashed all over the ships. Great guys and very professional:beer:

I know a few submariners who are part of nuclear submarine crews, thumbs up to them guys.

• Site Owner
Just now, sployal said:

French Navy ships mate, from old diesel submarines up until a four day stint on the 'Charles de Gaulle' in the Persian Gulf in 2015.

You couldn't believe where the sailors produced alcohol from, was stashed all over the ships. Great guys and very professional:beer:

I know a few submariners who are part of nuclear submarine crews, thumbs up to them guys.

The Royal Navy was similar back in the day, not so much these days! But some still hide alcohol away in strange places. I've met a few people who are addicted to alcohol, one person, my boss hung himself some some reason or other, but he did like his booze, that was on a T23 Frigate. I've spent most of my Naval career on those, they are great ships when you have a good Captain and XO.

8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

The Royal Navy was similar back in the day, not so much these days! But some still hide alcohol away in strange places. I've met a few people who are addicted to alcohol, one person, my boss hung himself some some reason or other, but he did like his booze, that was on a T23 Frigate. I've spent most of my Naval career on those, they are great ships when you have a good Captain and XO.

I spent 2 years in the French Naval Base in Abu Dhabi,  at times there was enough naval firepower (American and French) based there to blow half the planet away, awesome when you realise the power of a naval battle group that supports an aircraft carrier.

• Site Owner
3 minutes ago, sployal said:

I spent 2 years in the French Naval Base in Abu Dhabi,  at times there was enough naval firepower (American and French) based there to blow half the planet away, awesome when you realise the power of a naval battle group that supports an aircraft carrier.

I'be been to Abu Dhabi, preferred Dubia but tbh they are the fucking same!!!

A Carrier never deploys without some great support from Frigates/Destroyers!!!!

What were you doing in Abu Dhabi? If you don't want to say that's fine 👍

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I'be been to Abu Dhabi, preferred Dubia but tbh they are the fucking same!!!

A Carrier never deploys without some great support from Frigates/Destroyers!!!!

What were you doing in Abu Dhabi? If you don't want to say that's fine 👍

Personally i prefer Abu Dhabi to Dubai, but as you say the two cities are more or less the same.

For Carrier deployment don't forget the submarine(s) a very important component and never far away.

As for what i was doing in Abu Dhabi at the time that is a long story mate, i won't go into it here:beer:

• Administrator
9 hours ago, boro_boy said:

but i'll discuss all once i've left that ship and there is a lot to discuss, I'll have to put it in the forum where the search engines have no access too!!!

Get on the job pronto....

9 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Though I might leave it until i've left the Navy as its pretty bad some of the stuff "somebody" did on the "ship"

too long to wait my man.....lol