My Energy Supplier ceased trading (Breeze Energy)

boro_boy

• Administrator

Went to put my readings in yesterday on their website and they have ceased trading and now I've been moved onto British Gas and they are a lot more expensive so I've just changed over to EON who are £25 cheaper over the year, than Breeze were, so that's a bonus.

Anyone else had their Energy Supplier go bust?

I know my standing charge for Breeze Energy was 10.5p per day for gas and the same for electricity. With British Gas it was over 22p per day and the KWh was more expensive for both Gas and Electricity. 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I have just changed from EON to British Gas on Money supermarkets web site recommendation. 

I use the Money Saving Expert Credit Club website. Pretty good, there were cheaper ones, one called Outfox The Market but I was a big Energy company so I can get some nice shiny smart meters fitted. 

12 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I use the Money Saving Expert Credit Club website. Pretty good, there were cheaper ones, one called Outfox The Market but I was a big Energy company so I can get some nice shiny smart meters fitted. 

Smart meters give the energy companies too much information for my liking mate. 

Smart meter disadvantages. Data sharing and third party information: suppliers and third parties can use your data to offer you new products and services. Smart meters cause errors: Errors with meters also mean that wrong information is being sent and acted upon by suppliers.

Have a look. There are some horror stories out there. Big business know enough about us as it is.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Smart meter disadvantages. Data sharing and third party information: suppliers and third parties can use your data to offer you new products and services. Smart meters cause errors: Errors with meters also mean that wrong information is being sent and acted upon by suppliers.

Have a look. There are some horror stories out there. Big business know enough about us as it is.

I've read about them, on rare occasions they fuck up. If it fucks up your covered anyway. Oh that's so bad, suppliers offering you new products that might possibly save you money! I think its good for them to know when people use more electricity and gas at certain times, this information will probably be shared with the people behind the national grid so they know when power will be used. 

Smart meters are the way ahead. Same as contactless cashless societies. 

7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I've read about them, on rare occasions they fuck up. If it fucks up your covered anyway. Oh that's so bad, suppliers offering you new products that might possibly save you money! I think its good for them to know when people use more electricity and gas at certain times, this information will probably be shared with the people behind the national grid so they know when power will be used. 

Smart meters are the way ahead. Same as contactless cashless societies. 

Yes it is good. They can see when folk use the most energy and raise the price accordingly. 

None of it is for your benefit mate. It is all for their benefit. Ask the guy who used to read the meters what he thinks of them? 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Yes it is good. They can see when folk use the most energy and raise the price accordingly. 

None of it is for your benefit mate. It is all for their benefit. Ask the guy who used to read the meters what he thinks of them? 

Are you daft? How will they raise your prices when your on a FIXED plan.

Even if your on a Variable plan, that the same price all through the day. lol

No I am not daft.

You don't think they use that data to determine future price hikes? As I said the smart meters are all for their benefit and if you think anything other then you are not very smart.

They use these "free" (FFS) meters to take your info and squeeze more money from you.

No thanks. I will read my own meter and they can keep the free meter that you actually pay for in the long run. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

No I am not daft.

You don't think they use that data to determine future price hikes? As I said the smart meters are all for their benefit and if you think anything other then you are not very smart.

They use these "free" (FFS) meters to take your info and squeeze more money from you.

No thanks. I will read my own meter and they can keep the free meter that you actually pay for in the long run. 

I've already had smart meters but I had the old ones which were not transferable between companies. 

I just don't understand why they will increase prices if you have a Smart Meter?

Surely they still know how much you spend each month regardless of having a smart meter or putting the data in manually. 

It is very handy to actually see how much each appliance in your house uses.

20 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I've already had smart meters but I had the old ones which were not transferable between companies. 

I just don't understand why they will increase prices if you have a Smart Meter?

Surely they still know how much you spend each month regardless of having a smart meter or putting the data in manually. 

It is very handy to actually see how much each appliance in your house uses.

You know if you use energy out of hours it is cheaper? It is more expensive in the morning and evening when most folk get in from work?

Your smart meter enables these cunts to see how folk try to get round this by using appliances at an alternative time...They are offering you a free meter to stiff you further down the line.

Makes no odds to me. My bills are huge as Mrs uses tumble dryer a lot whenever she wants. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

You know if you use energy out of hours it is cheaper? It is more expensive in the morning and evening when most folk get in from work?

Your smart meter enables these cunts to see how folk try to get round this by using appliances at an alternative time...They are offering you a free meter to stiff you further down the line.

Makes no odds to me. My bills are huge as Mrs uses tumble dryer a lot whenever she wants. 

Thats only if you on an Economy 7 meter, which has a day time and night time charge. 

I've had a smart meter and I was still on a Fixed term plan so the prices were the same no matter what time of the day for the whole year.

I've bee using my tumble dryer a bit today!!!

5 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Thats only if you on an Economy 7 meter, which has a day time and night time charge. 

I've had a smart meter and I was still on a Fixed term plan so the prices were the same no matter what time of the day for the whole year.

I've bee using my tumble dryer a bit today!!!

No, my old house had a day and night time reading and we wasn't Economy 7. 

That meter isn't free. There is a cost and your supplier ain't paying it. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

No, my old house had a day and night time reading and we wasn't Economy 7. 

That meter isn't free. There is a cost and your supplier ain't paying it. 

Yeah the cost is put onto everyone in the UK. I know they aren't free. 

I don't know what plan your on but i'm on a standard cost 24 hours a day fro 365 days a year. ?