• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Boxing Day Bets

Mr Magnificent

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I cashed out on the second bet.

So glad I did as Barnsley equalised at the end with WBA. 

I live to fight another day!

You always lose when you bet!

Not you personally, but people in general. If they win a bet they then put another bet on with more of their money. If they win a bet, they don't put it back into their bank, they do more riskier bets with more money!!! Betting is addictive and should be heavily restricted. So the money you have won, you can't use it until 5-7 days later ?

9 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Not you personally, but people in general. If they win a bet they then put another bet on with more of their money. If they win a bet, they don't put it back into their bank, they do more riskier bets with more money!!! Betting is addictive and should be heavily restricted. So the money you have won, you can't use it until 5-7 days later ?

Do you bet ?

20 hours ago, Harold said:

One £20 coupon 4 game acca over 1.5 goals

One £5 coupon 8 game acca over 1.5 goals.

Free £1 bet Gers to beat Killie 4-1.

4 game acca was beat by one goal in the Blackpool v Accrinton game.

8 game acca was nowhere.

10 hours ago, boro_boy said:

None of what you said applies to the majority of responsible people who enjoy a punt.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

None of what you said applies to the majority of responsible people who enjoy a punt.

Well the people who you think are in the majority I reckon are in the minority. Its a huge problem resulting in broken families, stress and suicide. 

33 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Well the people who you think are in the majority I reckon are in the minority. Its a huge problem resulting in broken families, stress and suicide. 

Wtf are you on about? 

I accept that a tiny proportion of people who gamble let it get out of hand and then it may result in the problems you describe above. Just the same way as smoking, drinking, eating and just about anything we do to excess can result the same.

However, for the vast majority of people having a bet is a fun pastime that causes no problems whatsoever. If you can provide evidence proving otherwise then I stand to be corrected.

Edited by Mr Magnificent

44 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Problem is....you (not you personally) just hear about the problems with gambling and the problems it can cause when it is splashed all over the media from time to time. There is NEVER any reports (that I know of) that show or speak of responsible gamblers.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Harold said:

Problem is....you (not you personally) just hear about the problems with gambling and the problems it can cause when it is splashed all over the media from time to time. There is NEVER any reports (that I know of) that show or speak of responsible gamblers.

That would be a boring news story though.

Eddie is a responsible gambler, he wins £17.50 back from a £5 bet and buys wife flowers and M&S dine in for 2.

This news story is better,

Eddie lost his £5 bet then re-mortgaged the house, and bet on England to win the world cup, he lost his house, killed his wife and kids then shot himself with a spud gun.

7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

That would be a boring news story though.

Eddie is a responsible gambler, he wins £17.50 back from a £5 bet and buys wife flowers and M&S dine in for 2.

This news story is better,

Eddie lost his £5 bet then re-mortgaged the house, and bet on England to win the world cup, he lost his house, killed his wife and kids then shot himself with a spud gun.

you've just made my point mate.