New Years Eve-

superally

37 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I'm still ill as fuck so not doing anything. 

you aint very healthy are ye ? Popeye you aint mate.....

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nowadays hogmanay means fuck all tbh....when I was younger it was an evening/night on the lash but tbh I can't be arsed. I shall be in my kip early as usual but no doubt be wakened by these knuckle dragging cunts who still think it's top ho to let off their cuntish explosions to bring in the NewYear! Hope the rockets etc blow up in their fucking mushes! Happy New Year!

Iv'e heard of the Grinch at Xmas, never knew there were so many Hogmanay Grinches! WTF is wrong with people going out celebrating New Year and enjoying themselves seriously. It's probably the only night a lot of people go out, judging by how quiet the pubs are the rest of the year. @Mr Magnificent what do you mean by NYE is for amatuer's, ? please explain.

3 hours ago, Harold said:

Hope the rockets etc blow up in their fucking mushes! Happy New Year!

Yeah the fireworks are annoying, tho maybe that is a bit extreme. (doubt you really mean it)

8 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Iv'e heard of the Grinch at Xmas, never knew there were so many Hogmanay Grinches! WTF is wrong with people going out celebrating New Year and enjoying themselves seriously. It's probably the only night a lot of people go out, judging by how quiet the pubs are the rest of the year. @Mr Magnificent what do you mean by NYE is for amatuer's, ? please explain.

Yeah the fireworks are annoying, tho maybe that is a bit extreme. (doubt you really mean it)

What is wrong with going out to the pub on NYD to celebrate and enjoy oneself?

10 minutes ago, The Realist said:

To be honest, I'll celebrate the new year, every Friday night within that year.....

I really dont like the fake/mock enthusiast ( in my head) for the new year and what it may bring..... folk saying happy new year, yet avoid you on the street the following week.....

I really dont like it, I would rather do Norms NYD pub outing when the Drama is all over, than the Palava of NYE

8 minutes ago, Bastion said:

To be honest, I'll celebrate the new year, every Friday night within that year.....

I really dont like the fake/mock enthusiast ( in my head) for the new year and what it may bring..... folk saying happy new year, yet avoid you on the street the following week.....

I really dont like it, I would rather do Norms NYD pub outing when the Drama is all over, than the Palava of NYE

Jam packed pubs,double fare taxis,bints pished on NYE

Next day get a seat no problem,relaxed,good atmosphere,football on all day

7 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Will respond line by line here.

Having that 1 night a week ( Friday for you which is probs the best night) is in my opinion vital, I truly believe that every working man/woman/family should have that 1 day a week when they go enjoy themselves, sadly not enough people do it nowadays, even sadder in a lot of cases some working people can't afford too,(high beer prices etc). No feckin wonder depression and stress statistics have shot up drastically over the last few years and will continue to do so, as long as we have a system that taxes the working man to breaking point, to pay for those that are unwilling to work.

Totally agree with line 2 it can be a bit sickening. Tho NYE there is always a big gathering of us- family & friends, it's almost like a reunion for some,so those fake types are a bit irrelevant, (obviously if you go for a piss you get a few handshakes and hugs off strangers on the way).

Line 3, i don't like that part either, all the handshakes etc. for whatever reason i don't know, i have an obsession with my hands being clean, don' t like the handshakes, seriously i have to go back and wash my hands, can't bear to touch door handles on the toilets either, i pull my sleeves down over my hands, or lift my T-shirt and wrap my hands in it. ( OCD maybe?). It also gets emotional too. After the Auld Lang Syne etc, so many people get all sad, which in my case is due to reflecting on the loved ones family/friends who have passed, who are not with us in the incoming year.

Then the NYD drink itself, a time of calm and reflection, and back to normality,knowing that tomorrow bring's the dreaded back to work, longest day of the working year syndrome

17 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Will respond line by line here.

Having that 1 night a week ( Friday for you which is probs the best night) is in my opinion vital, I truly believe that every working man/woman/family should have that 1 day a week when they go enjoy themselves, sadly not enough people do it nowadays, even sadder in a lot of cases some working people can't afford too,(high beer prices etc). No feckin wonder depression and stress statistics have shot up drastically over the last few years and will continue to do so, as long as we have a system that taxes the working man to breaking point, to pay for those that are unwilling to work.

Totally agree with line 2 it can be a bit sickening. Tho NYE there is always a big gathering of us- family & friends, it's almost like a reunion for some,so those fake types are a bit irrelevant, (obviously if you go for a piss you get a few handshakes and hugs off strangers on the way).

Line 3, i don't like that part either, all the handshakes etc. for whatever reason i don't know, i have an obsession with my hands being clean, don' t like the handshakes, seriously i have to go back and wash my hands, can't bear to touch door handles on the toilets either, i pull my sleeves down over my hands, or lift my T-shirt and wrap my hands in it. ( OCD maybe?). It also gets emotional too. After the Auld Lang Syne etc, so many people get all sad, which in my case is due to reflecting on the loved ones family/friends who have passed, who are not with us in the incoming year.

Then the NYD drink itself, a time of calm and reflection, and back to normality,knowing that tomorrow bring's the dreaded back to work, longest day of the working year syndrome

I think you hit the nail on the head there, Makdee Also......

I would make an effort and probably enjoy it if it was something we done as a family,  my experiences are purely going out to a pub or niteclub etc years back with friends......  I never actually enjoyed it, I remember going for a piss one time and coming back to the table and the wife (girlfriend at the time) was raging as I had missed The Bells, fs...... I honestly dont think I could have given less of a fuck, 

Anyhoo, to those who go out with family and friends,  enjoy!

1 minute ago, Bastion said:

Anyhoo, to those who go out with family and friends,  enjoy!

Whatever people choose to do, go out, party at home etc, i hope they all enjoy themselves, whilst at the same time not pissing off other people, we just have to accept the fireworks, like it or not, tho a lot of people enjoy them so hey ho.The important thing is, everybody has a good time-stays safe,and whether they choose to or not, has the option of going for that Friday night drink next Friday.

8 hours ago, The Realist said:

WTF is wrong with people going out celebrating New Year and enjoying themselves seriously.

Absolutely nothing mate....just not for me. As you said in another post, whatever people do & they enjoy themselves,,,,,excellent...if that is their want then they should go for it.

8 hours ago, The Realist said:

Yeah, they are annoying.....in my case very fucking annoying. The folk that let them off to celebrate the New year, well I don't mean it (as much as I hate the explosions) but.....see they cunts that do it just to piss folk off....I mean the yobs that set them off at 5, 6, 7pm.....well yeah, I certainly mean it.

10 hours ago, Normski said:

What is wrong with going out to the pub on NYD to celebrate and enjoy oneself?

Fuck all.

At least the pub ain't full of amateur drinkers wanting to knock the world out after two halves of shandy and fat bitches puking everywhere. Then they wanna shake your hand and hug you like they know you. Fuck off will ya!

Then they start letting fireworks off that are louder than a sonic boom while my two year old Grandson is trying to sleep.

New Year's Day wins all the time. Get served in a timely manner while watching the footy drinking with seasoned drinkers who know how to behave.

Like I said. New Year's Eve is for amateurs!