boro_boy

Well It Officially Begins!!

Weigh myself on Saturday morning, at about  04:30 as thats when I am going back to Scotland. Weighed myself today and i've lost weight, only a couple of pounds but thats good, i'd be happy with that every week. My heartburn is doing my tits in, its gone weird, usually I would have it between and during meals. Now I get it when I swallow warm/hot food, it burns as it gets into my stomach, knowing my luck I probably have an ulcer!!! Or cancer!

21 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Weigh myself on Saturday morning, at about  04:30 as thats when I am going back to Scotland. Weighed myself today and i've lost weight, only a couple of pounds but thats good, i'd be happy with that every week. My heartburn is doing my tits in, its gone weird, usually I would have it between and during meals. Now I get it when I swallow warm/hot food, it burns as it gets into my stomach, knowing my luck I probably have an ulcer!!! Or cancer!

Always the optimist eh? 

24 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Or cancer!

Oh fuck off.......lol

25 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

knowing my luck I probably have an ulcer

Get to the doc ffs!

4 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

My heartburn is doing my tits in, its gone weird,

I have a hiatus hernia which caused sever discomfort re heartburn. I was put on Omeprazol many years ago and have had no probs since.

28 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Now I get it when I swallow warm/hot food,

It's nothing to do with warm/hot food....it can be any food. If you have got it, you have got it (heartburn) and you have to take medication daily to suppress it.....It won't go away.

On 09/01/2020 at 17:20, Harold said:

Oh fuck off.......lol

Get to the doc ffs!

I have a hiatus hernia which caused sever discomfort re heartburn. I was put on Omeprazol many years ago and have had no probs since.

It's nothing to do with warm/hot food....it can be any food. If you have got it, you have got it (heartburn) and you have to take medication daily to suppress it.....It won't go away.

I was put on Omeprazole in 2016 but I stopped taking them as I stopped getting heartburn when I lost 2 1/2 stone. I have been taking Nexium and Guardian which is simply Omeprazole but probably not as strong as they are not as good. I'm going to book an appointment with the Army doctors next week or the week after. 

I have a bunion, my thumb joint hurts, there is a lump, the join next to the thumb join on my finger hurts when I stretch the finger. My heartburn, and I sometimes stop breathing when I sleep, that's sleep apnea, I snore a lot. So I doubt 10 mins will be enough time for me haha. 

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I have a bunion, my thumb joint hurts, there is a lump, the join next to the thumb join on my finger hurts when I stretch the finger. My heartburn, and I sometimes stop breathing when I sleep, that's sleep apnea, I snore a lot. So I doubt 10 mins will be enough time for me haha.

You've no got much going for you have ye ?.....rofl

Just now, Harold said:

You've no got much going for you have ye ?.....rofl

I think losing weight will reduce the heartburn, snoring and sleep apnea!

The others will need looking at, oh I forgot to mention my right knee, that hurts sometimes when walking up hills, proper shart pain, it also grinds when I squat, like really loud haha, went to see the doctor in 2016 and she said nothing we can do if there is no pain, but at there is pain now I'm going to see the doc!

6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I think losing weight will reduce the heartburn

no it won't.

6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

The others will need looking at, oh I forgot to mention my right knee, that hurts sometimes when walking up hills, proper shart pain, it also grinds when I squat, like really loud haha

It's no a boat you should be in....it's a fucking coffin mate.....ttyl

21 minutes ago, Harold said:

no it won't.

It's no a boat you should be in....it's a fucking coffin mate.....ttyl

Well how come it completely went away before?

I'm sure it will again. Its weird at the moment, usually if I have heartburn I get it constantly. But at the moment its just when swallowing. Anyway i'll see the doctor in a week or so and se what he or she has to say. 

4 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Well how come it completely went away before?

That will have been to do with your diet.....either that or you imagined that it disappeared.

5 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

But at the moment its just when swallowing.

I would imagine most, if not all, folks swallow constantly.

18 minutes ago, Harold said:

That will have been to do with your diet.....either that or you imagined that it disappeared.

I would imagine most, if not all, folks swallow constantly.

Sorry haha, didn't finish my sentence, "Swallowing Food" but not all the time.

Yeah I basically cut out fatty foods on the Slimming world Diet. I think that helped loads.

18 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Sorry haha, didn't finish my sentence, "Swallowing Food" but not all the time.

Yeah I basically cut out fatty foods on the Slimming world Diet. I think that helped loads.

Have a read...

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heartburn/symptoms-causes/syc-20373223

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/indigestion/symptoms-causes/syc-20352211

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

Of the list of food causing it I have a lot of them but I know I do:

Spicy foods

Onions

Citrus products

Tomato products, such as ketchup

Fatty or fried foods

Peppermint

Chocolate

Alcohol, carbonated beverages, coffee or other caffeinated beverages

Large or fatty meals

Started back at the gym this morning BB. I knew I was over weight but I got a fright when I weighed myself, big changes needed. Going to try go to the gym at least 3 times a week and eat less crap, to start with! Will get more strict the slimmer I get. It's going to be tough.  

3 hours ago, Winston Ingram said:

Started back at the gym this morning BB. I knew I was over weight but I got a fright when I weighed myself, big changes needed. Going to try go to the gym at least 3 times a week and eat less crap, to start with! Will get more strict the slimmer I get. It's going to be tough.  

Gyms are a waste of money!!

Just walk more, and do small changes, instead of using the escalator, use the stairs. Walk more and drive less 🙂 I know its easier said than done but during the day and week, these all add up. Just little steps. 

25 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Just walk more,

You do know that gyms have they 'walking' machines...tread mills are they called......amongst other facilities ? A gym isn't just about pumping weights....and that's from someone who doesn't do gyms.

27 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Just walk more, and do small changes, instead of using the escalator, use the stairs. Walk more and drive less 🙂 I know its easier said than done but during the day and week, these all add up. Just little steps. 

the gym is brilliant, I joined last week and I've lost 20 pounds already... 

Well my resting heart rate was at 70bpm when I got ill and it was slowly climbing through december. As soon as I stopped drinking, its not 53bpm which is good. Also my blood pressure is down. All good so far 🙂 

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

not bad eh!!!

very good & I mean that......but I must ask you....why did you start the post using the word    'so'   ?

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

very good & I mean that......but I must ask you....why did you start the post using the word    'so'   ?

So, its basically because it literally annoys you :lolpan:

5 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

So, its basically because it literally annoys you :lolpan:

Nah, I think it's cos you're a sailor boy.....lol

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    andresslamar
    Newest Member
    andresslamar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.