Forty Nine Years ago

Harold

on this day 66 Rangers fans lost their lives in the Ibrox Disaster. As most of you will probably know I was there that day, missed the carnage by probably 20-30 seconds and went home unaware of what had occurred. Me and my mate were lucky. R I P my fellow 66 bears. Never forgotten.

No photo description available.

My cousin and I planned to go to the game but circumstances, in the shape of a blown cylinder head, prevented that.

But as I posted in The All Things Rangers thread, "RIP to the 66 who attended and never got back home".

13 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Like you I was at the game and it would have been normally stairway 13 we used But my mate lived in Renfrew so we walked round to their end. We knew no thing about till we got back to his house where his Mum,Dad and sister were frantic with worry even his dad who was in the Police couldn’t get any clear information 

AAB45BDD-A0B6-4E47-848E-702510971605.jpeg

All so very young,  when you read 66, it doesn't really hit home, but seeing names and ages gives them identity, it also makes you think of their parents as part of them died also.

2 minutes ago, Bastion said:

All so very young,  when you read 66, it doesn't really hit home, but seeing names and ages gives them identity, it also makes you think of their parents as part of them died also.

Agreed I was only 16 and it was all so surreal at first. My parents were away in East Kilbride for new year as they did every year and as a 16 year old I wasn’t going so trying to get in touch with them was a nightmare  I am sure Harold is the same I in that it lives with us every day 

25 minutes ago, Makdee said:

his Mum,Dad and sister were frantic

My parents and grannie were the same Mak. To make matters worse it was a very foggy evening.....that and the traffic congestion ensured that my supporters bus was later than usual at my drop off point and my family had been getting drips and drabs over the telly. They were at the bus stop waiting when I eventually got off the bus. Hadn't a clue as to what the fuss was about.