Sign in to follow this  
Normski

James McClean

I can't stand the guy,not because he's a catholic but because of blatant lies he told about Windsor Park and Norn Iron fans

He's been sucking up to the shinners in recent weeks and hates all things British

Now this happened yesterday and the match was threatened of being abandoned

I've no issue with that, often thought the powers that be, media football associations etc, are very high profile when Racism is the issue, 

Yet very quite on sectarianism,  if this helps shine a light on sectarianism within sport, 

I'm happy.

25 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I've no issue with that, often thought the powers that be, media football associations etc, are very high profile when Racism is the issue, 

Yet very quite on sectarianism,  if this helps shine a light on sectarianism within sport, 

I'm happy.

However....is shouting...'Fuck the IRA' sectarian ?

Just now, Harold said:

However....is shouting...'Fuck the IRA' sectarian ?

I dont care, its irrelevant  

If it shines a light on blatant sectarianism   like the hanging of bodies at Park Head..... Brilliant. 

This shit has been ignored for to long

10 minutes ago, Bastion said:

If it shines a light on blatant sectarianism   like the hanging of bodies at Park Head..... Brilliant. 

This shit has been ignored for to long

Yes, I agree....I thought you may have considered the chant as sectarian and thereafter using it for your point about sectarianism. No probs.

Just now, Harold said:

Yes, I agree....I thought you may have considered the chant as sectarian and thereafter using it for your point about sectarianism. No probs.

Fuck the IRA?

I have no love for the IRA.

My point is, you get a Black player, who is abused by crowd, like Fred v Man City, it makes headlines, club make statements saying they will ban these pricks from ground..... they may even lose jobs etc..... its headline news,

Headline news that a player is picked out by a section of the crowd, because of who he is......

But its swept, if a player is picked out by the crowd because of who he is, in a purely sectarian nature, its ignored, nothing too report.

19 minutes ago, sployal said:

It doesn't really bother me to be called an Orange bastard

but someone may take offence on your behalf. I've been calle d an OB many times simply because I support Rangers....skewed thinking!

I'll tone it down, but in the Rangers and Celtic thing, for most tims if someone supports Rangers then they are automatically an OB and if someone supports Celtic then for most Rangers supporters they are automatically a FC.

3 minutes ago, sployal said:

I'll tone it down, but in the Rangers and Celtic thing, for most tims if someone supports Rangers then they are automatically an OB and if someone supports Celtic then for most Rangers supporters they are automatically a FC.

skewed thinking on both sides then imo......:lolpan:

23 minutes ago, sployal said:

That's fine  if everyone is happy with that, the problem is, not everyone is happy with Sectarianism.....

Its something I would like to see on an even footing with racism ( something folk ignored back in the day also) that is, if one is wrong, then the other is wrong.

2 minutes ago, Bastion said:

That's fine  if everyone is happy with that, the problem is, not everyone is happy with Sectarianism.....

Its something I would like to see on an even footing with racism ( something folk ignored back in the day also) that is, if one is wrong, then the other is wrong.

I wholly agree that if today games may be halted for racist insults then games should also be halted for sectarian insults, problem is, is that sectarianism is brushed under the carpet as if it simply doesn't exist.

Same goes for homosexuality among professional footballers, it certainly exists but no player will ever come out (at least in the top flight) because they know they will be destroyed by the fans.

Just now, sployal said:

I wholly agree that if today games may be halted for racist insults then games should also be halted for sectarian insults, problem is, is that sectarianism is brushed under the carpet as if it simply doesn't exist.

100% SP

On the separate point you raise.....

Do you really think the crowds would abuse them for being Gay ?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd be surprised with the pro gay ethos we have today, They may even be nauseatingly celebrated,  fawned over excessively just by being.... Gay.

3 minutes ago, Bastion said:

On the separate point you raise.....

Do you really think the crowds would abuse them for being Gay ?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd be surprised with the pro gay ethos we have today, They may even be nauseatingly celebrated,  fawned over excessively just by being.... Gay.

Bastion, i honestly think that if a top flight player came out as gay, he would get totally destroyed and that's the reason no one has come out.

The medias would love him, he would be described as brave and modern blah blah blah, but the macho racist, sectarain and homophobic British man would have no sympathy and get their rocks off calling him a Pansy (and that is being kind).

Just now, sployal said:

Bastion, i honestly think that if a top flight player came out as gay, he would get totally destroyed and that's the reason no one has come out.

The medias would love him, he would be described as brave and modern blah blah blah, but the macho racist, sectarain and homophobic British man would have no sympathy and get their rocks off calling him a Pansy (and that is being kind).

Well, we'll just have to wait.....

There is one Premier league player, I'm convinced is Gay, 

He may well wait until his playing days are over before coming out.....