Random thought-

superally

26 minutes ago, JKGooner said:

Don't really understand your 'vague' point

well if you don't understand that is down to you and not me. Vague ?....gies peace ffs....lol

27 minutes ago, JKGooner said:

but being Scottish you should have more of an angle on poor diet in less affluent areas?

don't be so condescending......there are deprived areas in the whole of the UK noty just up here.

35 minutes ago, JKGooner said:

Then the same can be made for PHS same common strategy?

I don't sit and peruse its daily reports

36 minutes ago, JKGooner said:

I'm afraid people are swayed by marketing

a generalisation I'm afraid....doesn't hold water.

36 minutes ago, JKGooner said:

last time in your supermarket you do look at the shelves?

No.....I go in to play tig with the wife. Of course I look at shelves....how the hell else would I be able to buy what I wanted....lol

45 minutes ago, JKGooner said:

The other guy mentioned them, not me I am referring to betting shops located predominantly in poor areas, these are situated to put temptation into the hands of the individual  and not bring social decay into their marketing strategy or moral compass.

Can you show some/any evidence that bookies are predominantly in poor areas ? My village has two....we're certainly not a 'deprived' area although as like any other area there is a level of poverty. If you are highlighting bookies shops, I presume you will say the same about other types of shops ? Again I repeat....not every individual, whether in a poor area or not, will be swayed by temptation....BEGONE TEMPTATION!!!!

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

Can you show some/any evidence that bookies are predominantly in poor areas ? My village has two....we're certainly not a 'deprived' area although as like any other area there is a level of poverty. If you are highlighting bookies shops, I presume you will say the same about other types of shops ? Again I repeat....not every individual, whether in a poor area or not, will be swayed by temptation....BEGONE TEMPTATION!!!!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-gambling-map-misery-shows-11185213 

come on Dug, it’s a well known fact bookies target deprived areas, cheaper units for shops and more desperate customers. The same reason you can go in certain towns and see 2 bookies on the same road of the same company, this is due to them only being allowed so many Fixed Odds Betting Terminals (FOBTs) in each shop (4), so they get round this by having more than one shop in a street / area therefore having more than the maximum allowed. Having previously worked in a bookies I am fully aware that these are a license to print money and have only finally started to be regulated against. Same as they will finally be doing shortly with our phones. 

10 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

it’s a well known fact bookies target deprived areas,

I didn't say they did not mate....I asked if any evidence could be shown....I'm not disagreeing with the link you provide....but (if you'll pardon the pun) I'd bet a £1 to a 1p that the researcher has been very selective in the mapping. The point I was making (which started out to do with McDonalds by JK) was that not everyone succumbs to the lure. I initially said to JK that to call everyone that has something to eat there a Fat Bastard was so wrong....again she was making a generalisation.

15 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

Having previously worked in a bookies I am fully aware that these are a license to print money and have only finally started to be regulated against.

and I would totally agree with that.

2 minutes ago, Harold said:

I didn't say they did not mate....I asked if any evidence could be shown....I'm not disagreeing with the link you provide....but (if you'll pardon the pun) I'd bet a £1 to a 1p that the researcher has been very selective in the mapping. The point I was making (which started out to do with McDonalds by JK) was that not everyone succumbs to the lure. I initially said to JK that to call everyone that has something to eat there a Fat Bastard was so wrong....again she was making a generalisation.

and I would totally agree with that.

Yes I agree with you that not everyone succumbs to the lure. But the reason bookies (which I know about, hence jumping in on that) place themselves in poor areas where there are going to be a higher proportion of desperate people. If you’ve ever been to a shithole of a town and walk down the high street you can barely move for bookies, that is no accident. That’s all I was saying mate. 

30 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

Yes I agree with you that not everyone succumbs to the lure.

Cheers. Just for clarification I'm not going to argue the ins and outs of bookies reasonings regards placements as you will have far more knowledge than moi. I only replied to JK about McDonalds ffs then she went on a 'social injustice' wander....lol

1 minute ago, Harold said:

Cheers. Just for clarification I'm not going to argue the ins and outs of bookies reasonings regards placements as you will have far more knowledge than moi. I only replied to JK about McDonalds ffs then she went on a 'social injustice' wander....lol

I have no intention to argue with you Dug, just putting my 2 pence in when it got onto the subject of bookies.

23 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

I have no intention to argue with you Dug, just putting my 2 pence in when it got onto the subject of bookies.

mate....there is no prob whatsoever with arguing...it is simply a disagreement with a debate/discussion.