Jump to content

Old Irn Bru 1901


Winston Ingram

Recommended Posts

Fellow Scots, who has had the “Old Irn Bru 1901” limited edition that’s out currently? 
What do you think of it? Is it better than the current version? Better than the previous version before they reduced the sugar? 
 

I personally can’t really tell the difference, only thing I have noticed is it’s a lot fizzier, when pouring into a glass it takes a while to settle. Not sure there is a taste difference for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

Fellow Scots, who has had the “Old Irn Bru 1901” limited edition that’s out currently? 
What do you think of it? Is it better than the current version? Better than the previous version before they reduced the sugar? 
 

I personally can’t really tell the difference, only thing I have noticed is it’s a lot fizzier, when pouring into a glass it takes a while to settle. Not sure there is a taste difference for me

I don't touch Irn Bru nowadays albeit I have had some of that stuff out of the plastic bottle years ago (which was crap btw) so when I saw that 1901 stuff I thought....'just the job, take me back to my childhood when it would hit the back of your throat and the bubbles would go up your nose'....Unfortunately, imo, it failed to deliver those feelings of bygone years. As you said it was fizzier and as I took a slug it skooshed down the side of the bottle ffs!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Winston Ingram said:

Fellow Scots, who has had the “Old Irn Bru 1901” limited edition that’s out currently? 
What do you think of it? Is it better than the current version? Better than the previous version before they reduced the sugar? 
 

I personally can’t really tell the difference, only thing I have noticed is it’s a lot fizzier, when pouring into a glass it takes a while to settle. Not sure there is a taste difference for me

 

5 hours ago, Harold said:

I don't touch Irn Bru nowadays albeit I have had some of that stuff out of the plastic bottle years ago (which was crap btw) so when I saw that 1901 stuff I thought....'just the job, take me back to my childhood when it would hit the back of your throat and the bubbles would go up your nose'....Unfortunately, imo, it failed to deliver those feelings of bygone years. As you said it was fizzier and as I took a slug it skooshed down the side of the bottle ffs!

Irn Bru and Pudden Suppers are two of the things I miss most.
You can guess my first stop after I land at Glasgow Airport!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not spent any significant amount of time in Scotland since my Dad passed, tho Irn Bru was always sold in glass bottles as was all other BARRS drinks. Down here it's either can's or the plastic 2 litre jobs, which tho better than nothing just ain't the same. I got a plastic 2 litre job  in the fridge now-spicy ginger, tho it has the Irn Bru taste, it has a strong taste of something else too. It's ok but i doubt it's made from girders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Not spent any significant amount of time in Scotland since my Dad passed, tho Irn Bru was always sold in glass bottles as was all other BARRS drinks. Down here it's either can's or the plastic 2 litre jobs, which tho better than nothing just ain't the same. I got a plastic 2 litre job  in the fridge now-spicy ginger, tho it has the Irn Bru taste, it has a strong taste of something else too. It's ok but i doubt it's made from girders.

This throwback version is only sold in glass bottles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    7k
    Total Topics
    176.2k
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    820
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    shiva1993
    Newest Member
    shiva1993
    Joined
  • New users  0 New users online in the last 24 hours

    No new users

×
×
  • Create New...