• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

The 'preferential treatment' sign in The Teal Arms

boro_boy

• Administrator

The landlord said he put it up for a laugh:

Although some may see the funny side, one visitor said: "I personally find it unprofessional and quite a disgrace. It clearly doesn't encourage new customers to come in."

But the Teal Arms' landlord, who did not wish to be named, says "locals find it funny".

It is believed the notice, which looks to be handmade and printed on white paper, has been secured to the wall, at end of the bar, near where 'Bob' stands everyday.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/accept-shut-f-up-preferential-17507333

19 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Do you agree with it? 

most certainly!

9 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

one visitor said: "I personally find it unprofessional and quite a disgrace. It clearly doesn't encourage new customers to come in."

Note: a visitor said! Don't like it ? then fuck off and spend your'day visit' cash elsewhere whilst Bob & the other regulars help keep the pub going! Who needs new customers like that fucking snowflake !

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Harold said:

most certainly!

Note: a visitor said! Don't like it ? then fuck off and spend your'day visit' cash elsewhere whilst Bob & the other regulars help keep the pub going! Who needs new customers like that fucking snowflake !

There is always someone who gets upset, they mustn't have any life!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I think the Landlords a cunt......

What scenario is he talking about? A free for all at the bar? Is Bob sitting at the bar in the way?

Fuck Bob

Didn't realise we had a snowflake on here :lolpan:.

The Landlord said he put it up as a joke, a bit of a laugh. 

12 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I think the Landlords a cunt......

What scenario is he talking about? A free for all at the bar? Is Bob sitting at the bar in the way?

Fuck Bob

Controversy......Landlord is spot on mate....:b0201:

4 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Wherever i have been in the world i have always respected the local traditions and culture, whether i like it or not, it's respect for the locals. I think that sign is a load of shite and show's a total lack of respect for other customers.  Now i will ask you all a question here- When your queueing at a busy bar for a pint, and some fecker jumps in front of you, do you just say nothing? I have on several occasions dragged people by the collar away from the bar for trying this, ignorant cnuts,wait your turn like everybody else.Bob's bonus should be when the staff see him amongst the crowd, knowing what he wants and pouring it for him, maybe cutting out some of the hassle.

I also suggest if that is the landlords business theory he will fail, as many pub landlords do nowadays.

I myself get maybe a bit of preference in my locals as opposed to the occasional visitor, do i expect it? No way. Their money is as good as mine. If Bob got a bit touchy about people who have been at the bar for several mins waiting to be served, and got the hump that he had to wait, then feck him Let him drink elsewhere, and have to queue up and be just another customer. Chances are he won't.

5 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Being offensive to customers isn't funny tho is it? He needs their money, they do not need to drink in his pub. Feck me most pubs are struggling to survive nowadays, and this guy does his best to drive a lot of casual customers away. He is an idiot and a massive cunt-joke or not, he is feckin braindead.