Turkish Barbers!

superally

Any of you  used them? Desperate for a haircut this morning due to Blues  early  KO, i found one open at 8am. Sat in chair i said a number 1. Bloke cut my hair really nice,then he set about trimming my eyebrows- WTF?  As i'd just had a shower and shave at home, he puts hot flannels on my face, then i swear to god he got some sort of spatula type thing lit it,real flames, them started slapping my face with it. I nearly shit myself. Is this a standard thing that they do? If so why?

Yep, done a good job

Had a Flamethrower taken to my ear and nostril hair..

Powder threw on my head

Aftershave rubbed in.....

Must have took the cunt 30 mins, also had the impression he fancied me.....

But, fuck me, I felt like a new man when exiting the shop.....

• Administrator

Nah never been to one but went to this good one in Tallin, spend over an hour and a half on my hair, washed it, trimmed it, then twinned my beard but aftershave on, offered me a drink. 

Had some shit.hup hop music in the background. Random but very good. It didn't look like me in the mirror. 

I have used one regularly for years took a bit of getting used to but got to admit going once a month or so head shaved face wrong the goatee done ears flamed nostrils waxed great stuff 

• Administrator

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

I bet when you told him you were in the navy he shied from talking about boats tho. Big difference landing on HMS Invincible to a rubber dinghy eh.

When i was out in the Middle East and East Africa and went to the barbers it was known they were all gay boys mostly from India and Bangladesh.

No hassle but they gave you a haircut to remember, full head shave, waxing of brows, ears and nostrils and the icing on the cake was the massage of the head  and neck done with the Friction de Foucaud.

Friction de Foucaud Energising Lotion Body 500ml

37 minutes ago, Makdee said:

I have used one regularly for years took a bit of getting used to but got to admit going once a month or so head shaved face wrong the goatee done ears flamed nostrils waxed great stuff 

So maybe that would explain the flame thing he used? I was a bit shocked by it, and also being pre-match i was just buzzing to get to Digbeth for pre match drinks with friends.

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

So maybe that would explain the flame thing he used? I was a bit shocked by it, and also being pre-match i was just buzzing to get to Digbeth for pre match drinks with friends.

Yeah they do that a lot nearly shit myself he first time 

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

I never.mentioned the Navy haha.

iIn what i am being led to believe is a gay environment. If you had you may have left with your arse burning more than your nostrils/ears. Wise move in hindsight.Clever stuff fella.

18 hours ago, The Realist said:

Any of you  used them? Desperate for a haircut this morning due to Blues  early  KO, i found one open at 8am

18 hours ago, Bastion said:

Must have took the cunt 30 mins, also had the impression he fancied me.....

18 hours ago, Makdee said:

I have used one regularly for years

Cost ?

There's one in our village and a couple of years ago the wife was just about to do my fortnightly head and beard trim and the frigging trimmer broke. I went down the village and the turkish barbers was the only one open (for a village our size it is quite amazing the amount of barbers/hairdressers there is). Went in and just asked for a no.1 on head & beard and flame thing for ears came out also but I told him to stay away from my nose. Anyway, I went to pay.....fourteen fucking quid ffs. Adios amigo! The next week we went and bought a new trimmer!

14 minutes ago, Harold said:

Cost ?

There's one in our village and a couple of years ago the wife was just about to do my fortnightly head and beard trim and the frigging trimmer broke. I went down the village and the turkish barbers was the only one open (for a village our size it is quite amazing the amount of barbers/hairdressers there is). Went in and just asked for a no.1 on head & beard and flame thing for ears came out also but I told him to stay away from my nose. Anyway, I went to pay.....fourteen fucking quid ffs. Adios amigo! The next week we went and bought a new trimmer!

Robbing cunt, cant remember to be honest, but under a tenner

Just now, Bastion said:

Robbing cunt, cant remember to be honest, but under a tenner

I've no been in a barbers for nigh on or over 20 years so I wasn't up to date with prices so wasn't too sure but even though, I thought it was steep.

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

I've no been in a barbers for nigh on or over 20 years so I wasn't up to date with prices so wasn't too sure but even though, I thought it was steep.

Ballywalter is about £8

Ards anywhere from £8-12

Some places in Belfast more