Back To Work

Winston Ingram

9 minutes ago, Winston Ingram said:

Back to work this morning after 2 weeks off. Can’t be arsed is an understatement. Although I usually feel like that on a Monday after the weekend! 
how are you feeling going back to work if you had the pleasure of having time off ?

My sincere sympathy goes to you and the others who have to resume their employment after a good break Winston. I no longer have to endure this bind as I was lucky enough to be able to retire 4 years ago and apart from my chores in the garden during the better weather I haven't done a stroke of real work since. Are you able to say what you work as ....if you would rather not, then no probs mate.

Anyway, hope it goes as well as possible for you mate.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

My sincere sympathy goes to you and the others who have to resume their employment after a good break Winston. I no longer have to endure this bind as I was lucky enough to be able to retire 4 years ago and apart from my chores in the garden during the better weather I haven't done a stroke of real work since. Are you able to say what you work as ....if you would rather not, then no probs mate.

Anyway, hope it goes as well as possible for you mate.

Being retired is a drag: you don't get any holidays!    :pouting-face_1f621:

Being semi retired is great. Started back my daily walks this morning just a wee four miler to get back into it. All the decorations are down and the place is back to normal. 
Depending on the weather this afternoon I will be out taking photographs of an old house (ruin) that’s part of a personal project on my wife’s family. 

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Winston Ingram said:

Back to work this morning after 2 weeks off. Can’t be arsed is an understatement. Although I usually feel like that on a Monday after the weekend! 
how are you feeling going back to work if you had the pleasure of having time off ?

Yeah its wank isn't it, but saying that, its not as bad as it would have been if I was on a big ship, I would have had to travel back to work last night at about 6pm, getting in for just before midnight, then sleeping in a tiny rack (bed) then listening to call the hands at 7 to get up with all the other slaves onboard. In my current job, I set off today at half eight, got me into Edinburgh for 11:30. Then on of my bosses said, you needn't have come in today haha. 

I'm off on Thursday and Friday, at work Saturday and Sunday, off Monday and Tuesday then back in Wednesday and Thursday and then home for a long weekend until midday on the following Monday. So not too shabby. 

16 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah its wank isn't it, but saying that, its not as bad as it would have been if I was on a big ship, I would have had to travel back to work last night at about 6pm, getting in for just before midnight, then sleeping in a tiny rack (bed) then listening to call the hands at 7 to get up with all the other slaves onboard. In my current job, I set off today at half eight, got me into Edinburgh for 11:30. Then on of my bosses said, you needn't have come in today haha. 

I'm off on Thursday and Friday, at work Saturday and Sunday, off Monday and Tuesday then back in Wednesday and Thursday and then home for a long weekend until midday on the following Monday. So not too shabby. 

What did you used to do? Sing on a cruise ship? 

2 hours ago, Winston Ingram said:

What a day. It’s amazing how just 1 day back at work makes you forget about any time off you had no matter how long it was!

Love the feeling of getting out of the work clothes when getting home i do. feckin luxury.

I start work again Monday, tho a lot of what i do can be done from home anyhow.